Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
Why do you think you are in the minority with this, lol? I can't find many people who like the whole Sarah Bunting storyline. I'm actually just counting the episodes until it is over .
I think I'm always in the minority when it comes to D.A. (me loving Mary amongst other things).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think I'm always in the minority when it comes to D.A. (me loving Mary amongst other things).

Hey, I like Mary, too! I find her one of the most interesting characters of the show and definitely one of my favourites.I think she is fascinating, interesting, complex, difficult, sometimes terribly cold, disgusting to her sister and then again so warm, witty and loveable that I can't help but being charmed by her.

In my list of characters she's currently No 3 after Tom Branson and Mrs Hughes.

You're not at all alone here
Old 10-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Moderator Manager

That's good to know.

After seeing ep 2, I think I liked this ep more. I guess it's the flow of the story and how I also felt watching it. The hiatus did made me miss the show.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Bumping up for the PBS ep this Sunday.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

"Edith decided to set fire to her bedroom" - the best line

I enjoyed the episode - didn't love it, but I did like it a lot. I miss these characters so much. But it's a shame because we've lost so many over the years and you can still feel their loss.

I just want Edith to find love - it's so depressing seeing her lose love so many times. I just really hope the writers don't leave her alone forever.

As for Mary and her suitors, I pretty much like Tony and Charles equally. Charles a bit more though. The Tony/Mary scenes tonight felt pretty static to me tonight. I felt more chemistry with them last season, now it just feels very friendly. I'm curious where they're going to go.

The Mosley hair stuff was so cute and silly, he always brings so much needed charm to the episodes.

As for Sarah and her rudeness at dinner - that was a bit much. The dialogue was great in that scene, but it was very surprising that she was so rude, especially at dinner. I liked the drama though
Old 01-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello again, everyone. Just enjoyed the season opener of D.A.(U.S.) I had been reading some of the comments here and thought it would be a dull opening but it was interesting.

That's quite a cruel joke Isabella played on Violet. I guess she wouldn't want her to marry a lord.

A shame bitchy Mary, has to make statements as flippant as Edith "chose" to start a fire in her own room.

I detest Thomas but I guess he'll be off scot free now that he saved Edith.

Why does Lord Grantham have to treat his wife as if she were some fool?

I'm glad the Lady's maid spilled the beans to Cora so she will no longer be bullied by Thomas.

Sara, is awful to show such poor manners while she's dining at the host's home. Rose was wrong to invite her, even if I would have agreed with the Labour point of view.

I don't care for Lord Gillingham and find him pushy.

Too bad Jimmy gave in to that woman. He'll be sorry now.

I can see the farmer's wife has the wrong idea about Edith.

I'm a Bates and Anna fan but they seem to have lost some of their sizzle.

Last edited by mrs. g; 01-05-2015 at 06:20 PM
Old 01-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Supreme Fan

I think it's because there was so much going on - I was looking to see if there'd be some extra/deleted scenes that weren't aired in the British run (like PBS did last year to my pleasant surprise). Nope. Ah well.

I liked Bates hinting for kids . I can think of one thing .... They're still haunted by the rape, and the Bates/Gillingham conversation was fraught with tension when Green was mentioned.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Btw, let me know if they aired 2 eps back-to-back on PBS. I know they do that but last night, it was just ep 1 right?

Also 44 lurkers? Hey everyone, come and post here! We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
"Edith decided to set fire to her bedroom" - the best line
I love bitchy Mary, sorry.

Quote:
I just want Edith to find love - it's so depressing seeing her lose love so many times. I just really hope the writers don't leave her alone forever.
You'd think by this time they'd lay off on Edith already. I really felt for her in this ep.

Quote:
As for Mary and her suitors, I pretty much like Tony and Charles equally. Charles a bit more though. The Tony/Mary scenes tonight felt pretty static to me tonight. I felt more chemistry with them last season, now it just feels very friendly. I'm curious where they're going to go.
I like Evelyn for Mary but between Charles & Tony, I liked Charles. I do agree with the Tony/Mary scenes in this ep feeling rather bland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I think it's because there was so much going on - I was looking to see if there'd be some extra/deleted scenes that weren't aired in the British run (like PBS did last year to my pleasant surprise). Nope. Ah well.
There weren't any? That sucks.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like Evelyn for Mary but between Charles & Tony, I liked Charles. I do agree with the Tony/Mary scenes in this ep feeling rather bland.
Hmm, I'd never even really considered that. I could see that. Charles and Mary definitely had great chemistry, so they're my first pick. But I just feel like Mary will eventually meet someone and just know. That's why, at least with Tony, I think it's a mistake if she chooses someone right now because she's obviously trying to convince herself of something.

Though I do find a sweetness in Tony and Mary's relationship.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lindsay, lol, sometimes I think I'm the only one on here that can't stand Mary.

Lady Violet should fire her rude butler.

In my book, Rose is an immature, manipulative pest.

Here is the spoilers forum for D.A., hopefully it can move back to higher listings on the pages.

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/downton-...26/index7.html
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this show is good from the bit I saw last night.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Edith chose to set fire to her bedroom'.

Mary's such a mean girl.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is my first post here, I'm glad to find a forum to discuss Downton Abbey on. I have watched all of series 5 as I am English, but would like to talk about it again.

I couldn't believe Jimmy jumping into bed with Lady Anstruther, it seemed unlikely. I was disappointed that his 'friendship' with Lady Rose wasn't carried on from series 4. They would have made a much more likely upstairs/downstairs couple.

Great when Thomas saved Edith from the fire, what a hero!

I agree that Sarah Bunting is rude. You don't go to someone's house for dinner then attack their views and other guests. That's just politeness, not bowing down to the upper classes.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
This is my first post here, I'm glad to find a forum to discuss Downton Abbey on. I have watched all of series 5 as I am English, but would like to talk about it again.

I couldn't believe Jimmy jumping into bed with Lady Anstruther, it seemed unlikely. I was disappointed that his 'friendship' with Lady Rose wasn't carried on from series 4. They would have made a much more likely upstairs/downstairs couple.

Great when Thomas saved Edith from the fire, what a hero!

I agree that Sarah Bunting is rude. You don't go to someone's house for dinner then attack their views and other guests. That's just politeness, not bowing down to the upper classes.

If I remember correctly, Jimmy was Lady Anstruther's boy toy when he worked for her previously.

Sarah Bunting....poor wretched thing, everyone hates her. LOL

And welcome to the board! :
Old 01-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Seems to me that whenever Thomas gets called on his nastiness, he does something decent and then it's like all is forgiven (usually by Cora). It happened in s4 with the nanny that was mistreating Sybbie.

I find Spratt humorous ... and his little rivalry with Danker cracks me up. Like the anti-Carson/Hughes ... where the butler and the lady's maid/housekeeper can't stand each other.

Only 1 episode aired last night, and afterward was a special called The Manners of Downton Abbey.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)