Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Moderator Manager

I saw those CS pics. OMG. Let this be a good episode for these two!

And well said, Donna. I love that it was Anna who stepped up because Bates wasn't sure if she reciprocates his feelings. They have evolved so much since S1 and S4 is a testament to how long-lasting this relationship will be.

Quote:
@MargaretGGG: new season #DowntonAbbey Look how #gorgeous #JoanneFroggatt is! @TVWatchtower @TVGuide #yahooTV #oprah @HuffPostTV

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for not spoiling I mean in the past we've had some quite dramatic 'sneak peek' clips which turned out to be something totally different in the actual ep but I still don't want to be spoiled

As for Anna- I love that she proved to be so emotionally strong throughout the prison SL but then she broke down during the rape SL
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Supreme Fan

The storyline was rough on both Anna and Bates. I really hope we get a lot of happy moments for them in Series 5.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Just a reminder (I'm doing this on all threads) that those shared by ITV on their official sites and ITV press centre are not considered spoilers. Everywhere else is spoiler. Even so, we're still going to put these ITV news under the spoiler tag until the CS airs.

Back to A/B, I thought the S2 finale for Anna-Bates was the most emotional for me. I'll have to wait out S4 CS to say if S2 still stands.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Supreme Fan

That was pretty heart-wrenching. Seriously, I cried. Thanks for the notice, Lindsay.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Joanne Froggatt attends the Moët British Independent Film Awards on December 8, 2013 in London.

oanne presents with Craig Roberts the Most Promising Newcomer Award at the Moet British Independent Film Awards.

Joanne and husband James Cannon attend the Moët British Independent Film Awards on December 8, 2013 in London.

Joanne and Siobhan Finneran attend the Moët British Independent Film Awards on December 8, 2013 in London.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Banned

Lovely pics and with O'Brien! So weird to see her blonde!
Thanks for posting.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely pics! I like her hubby. They look so cute together BUT I have to admit I like her better with BC

Wait... is that... O'Brien?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Just a reminder (I'm doing this on all threads) that those shared by ITV on their official sites and ITV press centre are not considered spoilers. Everywhere else is spoiler. Even so, we're still going to put these ITV news under the spoiler tag until the CS airs.

Back to A/B, I thought the S2 finale for Anna-Bates was the most emotional for me. I'll have to wait out S4 CS to say if S2 still stands.
Okay... I may as well admit it here- I watched the CS offical promo vid apparently everything moves so fast in the clip so I couldn't really figure out what would eventually happen in the CS itsself so I guess it's not very spolier-ish. There's a few seconds from a rather interesting A/B scene. I guess it would be okay to discuss (I mean speculate ) a bit about it on the A/B thread if it's under the spoiler tag, right?

As for S2 finale V. S4- Both SL ended with a very emotional cliffhanger for both Anna and Bates. I do agree that S2 was way more heart wrenching though because Bates' future wasn't certain and it could have affected A/B really badly. In S4 Anna is the one who's being hurt and indeed it has affected A/B just as well but at least we have hope they'll be able to put that behind them...
Old 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose (View Post)
As for S2 finale V. S4- Both SL ended with a very emotional cliffhanger for both Anna and Bates. I do agree that S2 was way more heart wrenching though because Bates' future wasn't certain and it could have affected A/B really badly. In S4 Anna is the one who's being hurt and indeed it has affected A/B just as well but at least we have hope they'll be able to put that behind them...
I think until we know what really happened to Green we can't say if the story is definitely closed. I mean if Bates is suspected of the murder (what I don't think) the S4 can be more emotional yet than S2 and Bates going in jail.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I actually can't seem to make out what will be A/B SL at the CS based on that trailer which I think is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enora (View Post)
I think until we know what really happened to Green we can't say if the story is definitely closed. I mean if Bates is suspected of the murder (what I don't think) the S4 can be more emotional yet than S2 and Bates going in jail.
I really hope this does not happen. This time it'll be harder for Bates to get out because he will be guilty of the crime and he has to serve his sentence. And I didn't enjoy A/B so much last season because Bates was in prison for half of the season!

Old 12-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Didn't leave Brendan much to do that season...I don't want Anna to be without her husband anymore. She needs him, and he needs to be by her side.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Bates is physically there for her in S4 but emotionally she's the one that's unattached. At least I see them trying to rebuild some physical contact again but it won't be easy.

Here are more pics from BIFA.

Downton Abbey actress Joanne Froggatt wears black to British Independent Film Awards | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually can't seem to make out what will be A/B SL at the CS based on that trailer which I think is a good thing.
I agree

Spoiler:

I wonder why Anna and BC didn't join the rest of the cast for the US promo tour. I know BC is pbbly still busy with his play but still it would have been great if they could be there.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Bates is physically there for her in S4 but emotionally she's the one that's unattached.
I just meant in S3 ... when he was in jail. That was rough ... and didn't leave BC much to do.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I agree

Spoiler:

I wonder why Anna and BC didn't join the rest of the cast for the US promo tour. I know BC is pbbly still busy with his play but still it would have been great if they could be there.
That death glare of Bates gets me everytime. Brendan & Joanne was at the S4 promos last year and Lesley/Phyllis/Allen are not always part of the U.S. promos so I think it's okay that they sit this one out. They really have a very controversial SL this season as well so it's 'safe' that they didn't come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I just meant in S3 ... when he was in jail. That was rough ... and didn't leave BC much to do.
That was really rought. It sucks that they were apart for so long. But I think Anna has a much better (?) SL this season because Joanne had a lot to work on emotionally.