Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we hear something soon.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Me too.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I hope they'll announce it at the beginning of the hiatus!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

I want them to announce it now. Especially after the mix up on the 10/12 episode renewal last time. I was so disappointed when it turned out to be only 10

Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

^Yeah, that really stunk.

Quote:
‘The Lying Game,’ filmed in Austin, scores for ABC Family network

Nothing but lies.
Tune to Austin-filmed “The Lying Game” and, as you might expect, there are lies aplenty. Big ones. Little ones. Just try to keep up with the twists and turns.
The addictive, fast-paced ABC Family drama focuses on separated-at-birth twins Emma Becker and Sutton Mercer, both played by Alexandra Chando, who are reunited and, in true “Patty Duke Show” style, repeatedly trade places. Sometimes it works; sometimes not so much. Their goal is to locate their birth mother, but there are plenty of side adventures, as well.
“Alex works her tail off,” Tyler Christopher, a “General Hospital” alum who plays police officer Dan Whitehorse, said during a recent interview at Austin Studios, where the show does much of its shooting. “She’s a big part of why we’ve made it this far.”
“My schedule is intense,” said Chando. “I eat, sleep and breathe my job. I’m extremely grateful to be as busy as I am.”
The show, based on a series of books by Sara Shepard, has seen increases in viewership pretty much every week since its August debut. It’s particularly popular, according to Nielsen ratings, with teens and young women. Some guys — this one included — like it, too.
For its first season, 20 episodes were ordered.
“After we watch the show Mondays, there’s a swarm of activity on Twitter,” Chando said. “They’ll be honest with you, too.”
“I’m just as surprised as the audience members are each week,” said Blair Redford, who stars as Ethan Whitehorse, Emma’s love interest. “I’ve been really happy with a lot of the stuff that’s come to fruition so far.”
A diverse cast bonds
Though Chando gets a great deal of the credit — “There ain’t no show without Alex,” said fellow cast member Andy Buckley — “The Lying Game” is a true ensemble effort where a number of stars — actors who typically wouldn’t get the opportunity to work together — are allowed to shine in complex roles.
“The show caught my eye because it was different,” said Christian Alexander, an up-and-comer cast as Thayer Rybak, Emma and Sutton’s friend. “It was just so different.”
“We’ve jelled better than I expected,” Christopher said. “We’re all friends here even though our ages range from the 20s to the 40s.”
Each person brings something different to the show, cast members say. Buckley does his part by keeping everyone laughing, according to Helen Slater, his on-air wife and Sutton’s adopted mom. She lovingly, of course, describes his sense of humor as “low-grade and sophomoric.”
“At some point, if Andy Buckley’s in the room, Helen Slater is going to have a laughing jag,” she said. “It’s not even like he’s trying to make you laugh.”
On the show, though, you won’t see Buckley crack many jokes. Especially lately. (Sorry, guys … no spoilers.)
“There’s a little trouble in paradise,” he teased.
Adrian Pasdar, who has Austin roots, credits everyone — writers, set designers and camera crews, among others — for helping “The Lying Game” gain traction with audiences so quickly.
One of the show’s best-known actors, Pasdar has appeared in several films, including “Top Gun,” “Streets of Gold” and cult classic “Near Dark.” On TV, he’s had roles in “Judging Amy” and “Heroes.”
His wife is Natalie Maines, lead singer for the Dixie Chicks, who has strong Texas ties.
“Part of the reason a hit show is a hit show is because of the people — good, solid, decent people,” said Pasdar, TV dad to Thayer and his on-screen sister Madeline, played by Alice Greczyn. “That’s what we have.”
Seemingly everyone who sets foot in Austin falls in love in with the city. That’s definitely true for “The Lying Game’s” cast.
Filming here, they say, has been a treat.
“It’s been great,” Pasdar said. “Austin is home in a lot of ways. Both my kids were born here, and my wife’s side of the family lives here."
Source

Last edited by Always & Forever; 02-23-2012 at 05:44 PM
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Jessica, great article!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

You're welcome!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Loyal Fan

i really hope ABCfamily gives us a Season 2.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they will just matter of when
Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
I think they will just matter of when
Same here!

New interview with Alexandra!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the video Jessica, I'll watch the interview later!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

thanks for the interview
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 02-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now I'm kinda scared for the finale..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

It's interesting that Alexandra needs time to switch her head from one role to another, but not surprising. Too bad they have to shoot both parts on the same day, seems like it would be easier on different days

I think Allie Gonino tweeted a similar remark when she first read the finale script. I have no idea what the big surprise could be, I think it will be from left field, and not a resolution of any of the mysteries we have now, or maybe just take one of them in a totally different direction than we thought. Like Annie Hobbs turning out NOT to be the birth mom.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm sure it will be something no one expected at all.