Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Wouldn't that be great if Sara continued with the books, and brought in a new male character, he could be Ethan from the show, with a different name, the guy from the reservation, old secret boyfriend of Sutton's discovering her twin Emma. I haven't read the last book, so I don't know what happens to the ghost Sutton at the end, so I can't even speculate on where Sutton would come into any future stories.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Without spoiling everything Thayer was Sutton TL in the book so I think bringing another boyfriend would make thing look bad. However, it could be a guy Sutton met in passing that the Lying Game girls did a prank on
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Sure. Prank or no prank wouldn't matter. Sutton in the books and in the show did have a lot of boyfriends though. Remember she stole Char's boyfriend, and it sounded like something she did regularly. Both Suttons wanted to be the Queen Bee and get all the attention. Sutton wasn't expecting to fall in love with Thayer, and pretended he was nothing to her, and still kept dating other guys.
The Ethan in the books is a lot different from the Ethan in the show, but the Emma is pretty much the same. So I would rather have the Ethan from the show come in as a new character for Emma to fall in love with, just like in the show. Then we could have our couple back, in a way. Ethan in the show was so sweet, and romantic, and loyal.

I feel like, in a way, the book has the Ethan and Thayer characters kind of switched around from the show.

Last edited by webinterlude; 08-27-2013 at 08:17 AM
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

So I won't get the 6th book till next year..
Old 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

I've been putting it off, but I think I will break down soon and get it. I do want to find out how it ends.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Sutton dated a lot in the books but in her last lucid memory she was in love with Thayer and was going to break things off with Garrett before someone got to her. It just wouldn't be for Sutton have another boyfriend given how much love ss put for St. I agree that Ethan and Thayer are switched in the books plus Garrett has some anger issues in book 6 so he might be a little bit of show Thayer as well. I will settle for having a new character who was hurt by Sutton for a prank or dated her in junior high

However he could definitely date Emma maybe Quinlan has a brother lol
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Well I hope Sara checks this out So she will know to write more books about Emma's life after the mystery is solved...

Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if there's place where she reads comments. the twins family connection to the Mercer reminds of the book The face of the Milk carton only Becky is the biological mother and Not a kidnapper. grandparents raise the child that their troubled daughter abandoned
Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yeah, it is a little bit Face on the Milk Carton-ish, now that you mentioned it.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 08-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand that reference.

But yes the similarities are there, only the theme is a little more pre-teen in the books. The adoptives being the grandparents, rather than the father having an affair and bringing his natural daughter into his home secretly.
The books dealt with more real-life situations, while the show seemed glamourized, (no child abuse anyway, most people being likeable) and everything having to do with romantic triangles.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

The Face on the Milk Carton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

^ that seems likes an interesting book.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is there were also with Ed herrman as well
Old 09-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Oh, OK. I see the similarities between the two books, except for the kidnapping, and the twins.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Exactly, Lynn.