Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

I have no idea, I think the show and the book are so far apart now. The only similarities are the names, and the fact that there are twins.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think they took the basic idea from the books but then went into a completely different direction.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

So I wonder what Sara Shepard is doing? Is she writing the books, and collaborating on the show? That would make for a pretty busy time, since TLG has gone separate ways, it is like two stories now. On top of PLL and her other projects, it could be a long wait between books...

Last edited by webinterlude; 06-29-2012 at 12:11 PM
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I think I could never write a book under pressure. I mean she's not under pressure that much but it'd still stress me out.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Found out Book #4 comes out July 31st! Just one month away!

It's called Hide and Seek:
Quote:
My friends and I used to play lying games.

Now my twin sister is living one.

When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we’re both learning just how flawed my family really is.

Laurel is shooting Emma nasty looks and sneaking around with my ex-boyfriend. And it turns out my parents are keeping a huge secret—could it be the reason I’m dead?

How far would they go to keep the truth buried? No one can harm me now, but Emma is still fair game. And if she’s not careful, she’ll end up buried, too. . . .

From Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Pretty Little Liars books, comes a riveting series about secrets, lies, and killer consequences.
Suggestion: Should we start a thread for Sara Shepard? I've seen on the Hunger Games board that they have one for Suzanne Collins & lurked on the PLL board, who have one for Sara there. We could discuss her life, as well as her other books there and keep this thread strictly for the TLG books. If not, that's fine. We could just continue to discuss her here.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 06-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome! July 31st isn't even that far away!

That's a great idea, Jess! I'd love to discuss her PLL books there, since I just started reading those!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
Found out Book #4 comes out July 31st! Just one month away!

It's called Hide and Seek:

Suggestion: Should we start a thread for Sara Shepard? I've seen on the Hunger Games board that they have one for Suzanne Collins & lurked on the PLL board, who have one for Sara there. We could discuss her life, as well as her other books there and keep this thread strictly for the TLG books. If not, that's fine. We could just continue to discuss her here.
I'm getting excited for book 4! I kinda hope it resolves something LOL

We could start a thread for Sara. It depends on how much we would be using it. We could also just continue to discuss her and how her other works relate to TLG here. I kinda don't want to take anything away from the PLL board.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I'm fine with either or! We can just keep using this thread for now and if more works of her start coming out, we can discuss it again.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

OK, good plan. With book 4 coming out soon, we should do a re-read and discuss 1-3, then 4 when it comes out and we have read it. We'll see how much we feel like expanding! I'm really looking forward to this. I want to know if Ethan is OK or not...that idea worries me.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I'm not as fast with re-reading books as I am with re-watching shows. I'm good with just waiting to discuss Book 4 after we've all read it. Is anyone pre-ordering it? I think I'm gonna just see if Target has it the day it comes out.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

I'll probably just get it on my kindle, even though that is more expensive than I like, but not more than when it first comes out probably. I usually buy used books for pennies

Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I would rather save some money and get a used copy, but I don't think I can wait that long.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Exactly! I want it the day it comes out. That is the problem with book series, LOL

Old 07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
Exactly! I want it the day it comes out. That is the problem with book series, LOL
It's not like a TV series on DVD that you can just pop in one disc/season after the other.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

OK, Well, if it is an old series, and you can just buy all the books/DVDs at once and not have to wait for the author to write the next one. I watch a lot of old series on DVD for that very reason!