Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Customization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or ask them on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than 2 weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic & colours get put up, it will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Kasia
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Kasia! I am really surprised we got on the list so quickly! Thanks to the Graphics Team for all your efforts to customize our new board.

I'm guessing that part of the design is getting a set of compatible images of the cast for the graphic, and using the predominate colors of the graphic for the color scheme of the board layout.

Personally I like the boards where the background color of the text is light and the text is dark, it makes it much easier to read. I have looked at some of the recent customizations, and they all look really nice.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

there are a lot of recurrent characters in the show who look more like regular
So who is considered part of the main cast ?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

They can use these pics, but i didn't find promo pics of Thayer, he should be there!

Emma
Sutton
Emma & Sutton
Mads
Lauren
Ethan

I found this pic of the actor that maybe could work: Thayer

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 03-22-2012 at 01:20 PM
Old 03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I would never have expeceted this so soon.. Thank you Kasia

I love the pictures Juliana posted.. just the Sutton one.. I'd prefer one where she's wearing different clothes, but unfortunately there are only the ones with her in the bikini in the group picture

buuut you forgot Charlotte: I like this one: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/ca...1635r_FULL.jpg

The Thayer picture I can't see..

and for the colours.. I think that orange like the background would be cool.. Or purple, because purple fits them so great

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

yeah but Char is still a regular? she wasn't in the second half.. I uploaded the pic to another server: Thayer
The pic of Sutton with the bikini is good too: http://alexandra-chando.com/gallery/...os/-_28229.jpg

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 03-23-2012 at 07:57 AM
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't heard otherwise.. Is Thayer a reagular?
I still wonder why Nisha is in the group picture.. I don't think she'll come back..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

I don't really like the orange color schemes for the pages though, it is a little bright for me. And all those promo pics are orange. I like grey blues, but I feel like we should have something of a southwest theme. I really like the colors in this though:
colors I like green, yellow and beige with the splash of red. Can we find other random images of the main cast members that will blend color wise?
I was thinking just the main characters? I would like to have both Emma and Sutton, so we will have to pick those images carefully to show the character.

Mads, Thayer, Sutton, Ethan, Emma, Laurel (,Char?)

If we have too many people it is too small to see well, otherwise we could have Ted/Kristen on one end and Alec/Rebecca on the other.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kasia, I'm really excited for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
I really like the colors in this though:
colors I like green, yellow and beige with the splash of red.
so colours like this maybe?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannaagronlove (View Post)
Thanks Kasia, I'm really excited for this!

so colours like this maybe?
Yes, I like that! I love those colors! But I was just looking at this art: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...cj8wo1_500.png and I really liked
the greens, yellows and turquoise together also!

What do you think?

Also, Do they mostly use head shots for the graphic? So we would want just faces looking mostly forward with nice expressions? And the graphics I've seen, they seem to overlay them pretty close together to fit them all in the space.

Last edited by webinterlude; 03-24-2012 at 07:47 AM
Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I like those colors, Kat! I like yours, too, Lynn!

Can't believe we're getting to decide this already!

I have no idea about images right now, besides the promo pictures we've already gotten. I'll have to do some research!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Morning Jessica! Yes, I was going to try to track down some nice pics yesterday, but I ran out of time. It was hard to find good quality character shots with them smiling. Amazing how many of the sneak peek pics people are frowning,

Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yeah! Maybe because it's a more somber show, they didn't want to smile!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the red

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I wonder if this would work, minus Nisha:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ing-Game-2.jpg

or this:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...61687_f520.jpg

This one might have too much other graphics on it & there's a lot of other people who aren't recurring characters anymore:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...white-ball.jpg