Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia (View Post)
I agree, I think one of the main issues is that the friendship scenes have decreased, we do not get a lot of scenes with just the girls and I think that does make it seem like Elena's main focus is the brothers. I dont think thats what they are trying to show but that is how it comes across. They had the right balance in season 1 but now it seems to be all about the romance sls.
I think the writers tried to include more friendship scenes this season ... the problem is they are mostly not about them but about the Salvatores. Look at the first scene last episode or the episode before between Caroline/Elena. The topic were the brothers.
I´m relieved at the moment that Bonnie mostly only listens to it but doesn´t comment on this triangle mess but it gets on my nerves that everytime they are talking about them.
I hope that we get more focus on them and their lives after the recent events.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Absolute Fan

actually its all about Elena and how she feels look at this episode, the scene with Caroline and Bonnie was all about her and Damon then after all about her and how she wants to be there for Bonnie and at the end how good she is from Elijah letter.Not to mention that conversation between Stefan and Damon was again about Elena and how will she feels about turning Abby and about the fact who was the one who turned her and who is the one she wants.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just hope that this whole Abby thing won't be something that Bonnie will just have to ~get over.

I wanna see Elena try to show Bonnie how much their friendship means to her, because let's be real it has been pretty one sided so far.
//JOIN SoA//SHAMELESS
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just wanted to add to my last comment that I of course see that it is normal to discuss boyfriend (although it is weird to discuss DAmon with the one person who was raped by him and the other person who was almost killed by him - but noone remembers that anyway) drama with your friends. Who doesn´t do this but what hurt me the most was that Elena didn´t even blink an eye about Esther channeling Bonnie (and we saw how horrible this is if we look back to what happened with Luka when Bonnie channeled him to open the tomb) ... she only cared about Elijah who she knew for 2 months and who betrayed them. What is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightstar (View Post)
actually its all about Elena and how she feels look at this episode, the scene with Caroline and Bonnie was all about her and Damon then after all about her and how she wants to be there for Bonnie and at the end how good she is from Elijah letter.Not to mention that conversation between Stefan and Damon was again about Elena and how will she feels about turning Abby and about the fact who was the one who turned her and who is the one she wants.
That´s right and that´s the writers fault or I don´t know perhaps they want to show how destructive this thinking is and try to imply this too. Like Caroline commented about it in the end. But the greater half of the fandom doesn´t see it like this at least not when it comes to Bonnie.
I really want the show writers and Elena to question everything that happened and everyone who was hurt because of the Salvatores trying to keep her alive.
I want that to happen but it won´t ... because we will see the ToD heat up again and it looks like Elena doesn´t even questions her rl with the Salvatores and what it does to her family and friends.
What did they gain from them being in town? For sure not happiness and love.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by feels|like|home (View Post)
I just hope that this whole Abby thing won't be something that Bonnie will just have to ~get over
I shall weep for the sanity of this show if it is.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really want the show writers and Elena to question everything that happened and everyone who was hurt because of the Salvatores trying to keep her alive.
Exactly, I am actually surprised that she hasnt really confronted the brothers about it yet, I am hoping that she will at least mention something next ep.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
I just hope that this whole Abby thing won't be something that Bonnie will just have to ~get over.

I wanna see Elena try to show Bonnie how much their friendship means to her, because let's be real it has been pretty one sided so far.
Yes please!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
I'm not expecting much tbh
//JOIN SoA//SHAMELESS
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
This and I don´t think I will able to watch the show again if this happens.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
During Season 1 I would totally agree with you...everyone knows I would.
Anyone could tell you how much I was against Elena in Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 but I think the middle to the end of Season 2 Elena showed how important Bonnie friendship means to her....

I just think that Elena keeps doing something wrong and it effects Bonnie but she doesn't know it will.
Like is Elena suppose to know that trying to save Elena will lead to a Bennett witch dying?...it's no way she should get blamed for that.

It's kind of like in Season 1. People blaming Bonnie for Caroline turning into a vampire.

I just think at times choices can lead to other bad outcomes.
My main problem with Elena at the moment is the Salvatore brothers...more so Damon. I don't understand how she can still be around him after everything he's done to her friends, family. Mainly Bonnie so that's why during S1, she deserved the crappy friend award. Season 2 she kind of redeemed herself now by the looks of it, it seems like S3 too a back step?...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
now by the looks of it, it seems like S3 too a back step?...
Not really. Elena has been there for Bonnie helping her serach for her mom and going to with Bonnie to meet Abby. Once Elena heard what happened to Abby she tried to talk to Bonnie but she didn't wanna see Elena.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Not really. Elena has been there for Bonnie helping her serach for her mom and going to with Bonnie to meet Abby. Once Elena heard what happened to Abby she tried to talk to Bonnie but she didn't wanna see Elena.
Oh so....that's kind of why I don't get why people think Elena is just the bad friend...well for Season 3 anyway.
Now if Elena knew that a Bennett witch would have to die because the Salvatore's were trying to save her life, things would have went differently I'm sure. Elena would have tried to stop it from happening.

Just by what I'm hearing it seems like Elena is getting way to much criticism for Abby getting turned to a vampire...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Absolute Fan

i find it funny how they actually wrote the situation making Elena watching Abby kidnapping Bonnie and then putting her in situation talking with Stefan for so long not rushing to see what happened to Bonnie or calling her
and on other hand we have Bonnie waking up in the car and the first thing she says was ``omg elena`` and then Abby told her that she is fine i was like really ?

I do not blame Elena for Abby.I do think it was stupid from her to lie Elijah in the face and then when everything was over and they where linked she figures out how is not fair to Elijah.I mean i LOVE Elijah but he betrayed them for his family which i understand.Klaus destroyed her life,killed Jenna hurt so many people and the only way to finish him was Esther. I do think she doesn`t think that her actions can put someone in bad situation ,maybe because she always know that the brothers will save her somehow.

I would be really disappointed if she doesn`t show any reaction to do brothers after what they did to Abby.Since Bonnie isn`t in episode 16 i expect from Elena to stand up to them.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just by what I'm hearing it seems like Elena is getting way to much criticism for Abby getting turned to a vampire...
I think the issue for some people is Elena telling Elijah the plan.
I still dont get why she is mainly recieving the criticism, for me it was the Salvatores fault.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think the issue for some people is Elena telling Elijah the plan.
Yep pretty much. People are saying that if Elena never told Elijah about it then Abby would never get turned. Same for me it's the Salvatore's fault..but then it's Elijah's fault too kinda..cause he kidnapped Elena. All that wouldn't have happened if Elijah would've just accept the fact that Elena lied to him (to prevent them from drinking the champagne or whatever it was..)..but nooo he goes and kidnaps her. Elijah was kinda the one who really didn't give the Salvatores a choice..but yeah it's their fault too.

- Mari -