Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Slightly extended promo. Jeremy's drinking. Still no mention of Bonnie. And apparently Elena is a drug addict. Worse than Jeremy every was, by the looks of it. So, uhm, how are they going to redeem her character, exactly? I really do hope Damon comes back and is done with her.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Those Gilberts are awesome.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

At least Jeremy cares that Bonnie's gone. Elena will probably only mention wanting Bonnie back when Jeremy or Caroline say something.

Seriously, what kind of example are they trying to set here? If you're upset, do drugs? I remember Plec denying the rumours that Elena would try to kill herself to be with Damon, saying that no man is worth giving up your life for like that, and yet they have Elena heffed up on drugs and attacking people. This is better?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusnv80 (View Post)
Lol Syd! That's so true, you had to say it three times.
I will say it a hundred times.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Sounds like they just stole from Twilight.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Never read or watched Twilight (thank God), but Plec and Co are known from stealing from other shows/films. They lift whatever they can get away with. The sad thing is that there is a whole team of them working together and they're basically writing fanfiction. Poorly written fanfiction.

I have a feeling it will be the Damon/Bonnie elsewhere storyline that will draw viewers back in, so they better give some type of hint at them before the show airs or no one will be tuning in. Let's hope that the Damon/Bonnie elsewhere storyline lasts at least half the season.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lol did they seriously manip Steven's head into that offset pic of Kat, Zach and the girls.

I didn't listen to it with sound so that's the only thing that comes to my mind ... well and that Bonnie isn't in the picture at all.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

In Twilight, Bella would do all of these things to bring her near death so she could see Edward. Elena is taking drugs so she can see Damon. Both are/were pathetic.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Lol did they seriously manip Steven's head into that offset pic of Kat, Zach and the girls.
Yup. I'm pretty sure the original pic was a season 1 BTS photo of Nina, Kat, Zach, and Julie.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is always so tragic when they use offset pics from the cast for the scenes ... like that Damon/Elena pic also looks totally like a Nian pic

So who is cooking the drugs for Elena ... please don't tell me they are going to use Liv for that?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
It is always so tragic when they use offset pics from the cast for the scenes ... like that Damon/Elena pic also looks totally like a Nian pic

So who is cooking the drugs for Elena ... please don't tell me they are going to use Liv for that?
How hard is it to get a normal picture of Bonnie or Bonnie/Jeremy?

The person Elena is grabbing when she yells "I have to see Damon!" looks like Luke.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah ... like it would cost so much money to put them into costume and then take a pic.

Oh okay ... I didn't see that but you are right.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Addicted Fan

From Eonline:

Quote:
The Vampire Diaries (The CW)

When to Watch:
Thursday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m.
What to Expect: Elena will find a very different way to grieve the loss of her boyfriend (Damon) and best friend (Bonnie), who are...somewhere when season six picks up. "She's definitely not in a happy place but she has a very interesting, confusing, strange way with dealing with her grief," Nina Dobrev spilled. Instead of hitting the booze, she's going to be hitting the books! Elena will pick up a new major—pre-med—and will work as hard as she can to impress her new teacher. But fret not, Damon and Bonnie are not gone from the show forever, as Julie Plec told us, "You'll see enough of them to make you happy and more as it goes along. They are by no means going to be off the air for six episodes. The mystery is where are they, what happened, are they dead, not dead, and what the hell are they going to do together, those two of all people?"
The Vampire Diaries (The CW) from 2014 Fall TV Spoiler-rama | E! Online
Old 08-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I guess we can assume that Elena's druggie phase was for the first few months. Let's hope that the time-jump is a year later and she is no longer sire-bonded to Damon's d***, hallucination or not.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I think E!Online just hadn't heard about Elena's drug problem and that's why it isn't mentioned. They aren't very good with spoilers in general. Often their spoilers are things you've heard about from other spoiler sites ages ago or flat-out non-spoilers. Like, right before the S5 finale, they were trying to pass off one of the trio saying that the finale was going to be exciting as an actual spoiler in their weekly spoiler section.