Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
New Fan

Finally making progress!

I really liked this episode because it simply gave me hope that they would get back on track with the Revenge against the Graysons.

It left me wondering about the longevity of the show since Victoria is starting to sense the alterior motives are in play. EXCITING!!

Like most of you, I loved the involvement with Jack. I've been waiting and waiting for him to engage and join the team again. FINALLY.

Although, I am confused. Who leaked Emily's medical records? Victoria said she saw an opportunity and took it. But didn't Emily also allude to doing it in the following scene with her and Jack?? Huh.

Not so sure I can trust Stevie yet. I like her but........her story isn't matching Conrad's story about how their marriage ended. Emily noticed it too. There is a lot more to this story.

The whole Victoria/Pascal storyline.......it better be good. I'll be ticked if it's just another fruitless side story.

Javier could be a good tribute/asset to the revenge story line with his hacking skills and all. But, he is a loose cannon too. Don't think for a second he hasn't hacked into all of Nolan's safes/computers and knows more than he should already.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbuchi (View Post)
Although, I am confused. Who leaked Emily's medical records? Victoria said she saw an opportunity and took it. But didn't Emily also allude to doing it in the following scene with her and Jack?? Huh.
Emily leaked the records. What Victoria meant was that when Charlotte showed her that the medical records had been leaked (Victoria didn't know by whom), she quickly decided to make a big deal out of it in public so that Emily's reputation would be tarnished.

I liked it because it's so symbolic of their dynamic -- Victoria is clever and quick on her feet, but Emily always remains one step ahead of her.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Who's looking forward to Conrad an Victorias third wedding? It's bound to happen haha
Old 03-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)

I'm also more than glad that Emily is finally letting Jack in on her plans. She's finally ready to let him into her team, and by him also Stevie, who I kind of trust strangely enough. I will always have 1% of doubt regarding her character, but I have that with every new character on the show. But she seems to really care about justice, so here is hope!
BIB - I must be watching a different show as for most part in this episode she was telling Jack to 'stay out'. He went behind her back with Nolan and delivered the tapes to her anyway.

Jack keeps flip flopping imho (writers cant make up their mind, one minute he's in, then out now back in again. Where does his kid fit in? I thought he'd be more weary because of child.

Anyway the main irritation for me with this episode was Pascal - oh boy, what a poorly casted and acted character, please make him leave soon.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve77 (View Post)
BIB - I must be watching a different show as for most part in this episode she was telling Jack to 'stay out'. He went behind her back with Nolan and delivered the tapes to her anyway.
It's true that for most of the episode she was trying to keep him out, but at the end, when it counted, she broke down and told him everything.

Quote:
Jack keeps flip flopping imho (writers cant make up their mind, one minute he's in, then out now back in again.
I think this time he's in it until the end. With his "collateral damage" line he acknowledged the risk but told Emily to go ahead with her plan anyway.

Quote:
Where does his kid fit in? I thought he'd be more weary because of child.
I doubt Jack would do anything he thought might pose a risk to Carl. And he clearly trusts Emily not to do that either.

Maybe he's also realized that as long as the Graysons are out and about, they're a threat to his family. What if one day in the future Conrad gets a tip from someone that Jack came close to assassinating him? He'd have Jack and/or Carl killed without giving it a second thought. These are terrible people doing terrible things, and now Jack's mom is involved, too. It makes sense to me that Jack's realized that the time has come to be pro-active and just finish this plot as soon as possible.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Well, I'm a little more optimistic about things...this episode definitely did have its flaws (most having to do with Pascal), but I do still want S4. Because even when the plot writing fails, I still find the characters interesting to watch -- well, Emily, Victoria, Jack, Nolan and Conrad.
If the show runners will continue this path the ratings might be not high enough to renew this show for another season. And I have a feeling this season will end keeping things open and make us wondering what happened, and next season will never be peaked........... so there will be no closure... In this case Seasons 2 and 3 will be major waste of my time
Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
If the show runners will continue this path the ratings might be not high enough to renew this show for another season. And I have a feeling this season will end keeping things open and make us wondering what happened, and next season will never be peaked........... so there will be no closure... In this case Seasons 2 and 3 will be major waste of my time
From what I understand, though, ABC has been having a difficult time finding success with the 10:00 PM time-slot. The last few shows that aired there got pretty awful numbers. But Revenge seems to be doing pretty well compared to those other shows. Its fanbase followed the show to 10:00, which is what TPTB wanted.

And, for whatever it's worth, TVByTheNumbers released their ABC renewal predictions this week and Revenge is listed as "certain to be renewed by May, 2014."

Granted, they could be wrong -- but their business is studying the ratings. If they are so sure Revenge is getting a S4, I have hope that'll be the case.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
I would be okay with this being the final season.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
I would be okay with this being the final season.
I wouldn't-It's been a mess so far,Emily isn't even close to being done and poor Josh wants Daniel to die or just be a monster. Stevie can be a big ally and I think Margaux will get involved eventually. It needs to be more seemless and there are a ton of loose ends. Plus, Charlotte needs to be more involved, as opposed to background furniture.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I wouldn't-It's been a mess so far,Emily isn't even close to being done and poor Josh wants Daniel to die or just be a monster. Stevie can be a big ally and I think Margaux will get involved eventually. It needs to be more seemless and there are a ton of loose ends. Plus, Charlotte needs to be more involved, as opposed to background furniture.
Yeah, I see room for the creation of stories that could take them into S4.

It's strange how under-utilized Charlotte has been. I thought one of the reasons Declan was killed was to send Charlotte off on a darker path. But so far, she's had far less to do than she had in S1 and S2.