Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Disgrace {3.16} Episode Discussion | Original Air Date March 23, 2014

Disgrace {3.16} - Episode Discussion

Sunday, March, 23 10/9c on ABC

r e v e n g e

OPENING NIGHT AT THE OPERA SETS THE STAGE FOR A DEVASTATING REVELATION, ON ABC’S “REVENGE”

Guest Starring Olivier Martinez (“Unfaithful”) as Pascal LeMarchal

“Disgrace” – As the notorious Pascal LeMarchal’s unexpected visit reverberates throughout the Hamptons, Emily and Victoria go head to head in a very public showdown, on “Revenge,” SUNDAY, MARCH 23 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Revenge” stars Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne, Madeleine Stowe as Victoria Grayson, Henry Czerny as Conrad Grayson, Josh Bowman as Daniel Grayson, Nick Wechsler as Jack Porter, Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross, Christa B. Allen as Charlotte Clarke and Barry Sloane as Aiden Mathis.

Guest cast includes Karine Vanasse as Margaux LeMarchal, Gail O’Grady as Stevie Grayson, Olivier Martinez as Pascal LeMarchal, Henri Esteve as Javier, Steven Strait as Brooks, David L. King as Richard and Jamila Jones as Marta.

“Disgrace” was written by Shannon Goss and directed by Matt Shakman.

“Revenge” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

For more information on “Revenge,” visit ABC.com/Revenge.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Supreme Fan

tftnt!

Very excited for this one! Looking forward to some Emily/Victoria scenes, as well as the confrontation by Victoria!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Loved this episode.

Moments I loved:
  • Jack is teaming up with Emily to take down the Graysons and Pascal.
  • Nolan scenes (especially with Jack and his new roommate)
  • Conrad scenes (Love him more than Victoria)

I'm still waiting for everybody to find out who Emily really is.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

FINALLY!!! Victoria is catching on that Emily is not a "gold digger". It took her long enough.

I like the amount of Jack and Nolan we got in this episode. I've been missing them. I love that both Jack and Nolan were being proactive.

I'm happy Jack is finally on board. I was tired of wishy-washy Jack.

I'm so tired of Daniel. I really want someone to kill him off. He is going to go after my Nolan next week, and I'm not having it.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Loved this episode.

Moments I loved:
  • Jack is teaming up with Emily to take down the Graysons and Pascal.
  • Nolan scenes (especially with Jack and his new roommate)
  • Conrad scenes (Love him more than Victoria)

I'm still waiting for everybody to find out who Emily really is.
This for the most part. I Stevie and she's saving the show. This drama between the Graysons and Pascale is stupid, but Emily's plan was perfect. At least a new character has a point and storyline.

No Aiden was the best part, even if I hate that Charlotte got hurt. I'm so glad that Victoria is suspicious. Maybe the season can end on a halfway-decent note.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode -- and I'm not just saying that because there was so much Jack/Emily (though that definitely helped). There was a lot of great stuff going on, and I'm genuinely excited for next week.

* I'm glad that the David Clarke mystery has started moving again. The show is always stronger when that story is the main focus (which I think is why the Patrick and Niko stories didn't really work -- they were ultimately distractions from that). I think it's a little too coincidental that Pascal is now involved, but I'm willing to take a wait and see approach.

* I'm glad Emily and Daniel are finally divorced, because even though it was interesting watching them spar, it was never really clear how being married to him was going to help in her ultimate mission to clear her father's name.

* I was all on board with Stevie until this episode, and I still really want to believe her, but something about her fixation on David Clarke has me suspicious. She just seems so gung-ho into pushing both Jack and Emily into this investigation, even after they made it clear they weren't comfortable with her involvement. Maybe I'm just paranoid and she's on the level. I hope that's the case. But I'm going to continue to be a little suspicious for the time being.

* I have mixed feelings on Javier. In some scenes I liked him, and in other scenes he rubbed me the wrong way and I found myself really missing Declan.

* But I really like that Nolan is finally going to get back to business.

* And how great was that bit with Nolan and Jack working together to break into the law offices? I just love their relationship. And the sequence where Jack went into the vault and needed help from Nolan/Javier was the first time in a very long time that the show has made me feel real suspense.

* I had to look up the ages of OM/Pascal and KV/Margaux and while I now know that he's technically old enough to be her father, he still looks so young that it took me out of their scenes a bit.

* I do have to admit that I'm not really all that excited about the Pascal/Victoria backstory (I just hope it's something more original than "she really loved him but he broke her heart and made her the hardened woman she is today"), but I'm going to take a wait and see approach there as well.

* I'm interested to see where the Margaux/Daniel thing is going. Though I didn't really follow the Pascal/Margaux/Conrad revelation...why did she say Pascal was evil? Was he feeding money into the magazine to make her think it was a success? I'll have to pay closer attention when I re-watch the episode (and I will re-watch this one, which I haven't done in awhile).

* Three cheers for Jack getting so much screen-time and finally getting involved in the main plot again. That is what this season has been missing, and it's nice to see that it's finally being rectified.

* Baby Carl is adorable.

* I have lots of Jack/Emily thoughts, but I'm going to re-watch their scenes before I made any in-depth comments on them. Suffice to say, I loved all of them!

* Finally, the opera this week -- that is how a main event should be worked into the plot of the show (unlike Charlotte's birthday party, which served no purpose). Very well done.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if he was feeding money or laundering money through the magazine. I really want to know where that is going. That's the most interesting thing about bringing Pascal. If he's laundering money now, he could've been doing it for the Initiative like Conrad was.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I wonder if he was feeding money or laundering money through the magazine. I really want to know where that is going. That's the most interesting thing about bringing Pascal. If he's laundering money now, he could've been doing it for the Initiative like Conrad was.
Oh my gosh, I bet that's it. That fits a lot better with Margaux's "evil" comment.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

At this stage I seriously don't see how this show could go for another full season after this, it seems so close now...
Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Supreme Fan

I must be in the minority here, but this wasn't my favorite episode. I found it very meh, until the ending... and even then I didn't care. Emily going after Pascal now just seems forced. Hopefully it is a well played out mission. Love Stevie. Victoria finding out that she is after their family, instead of money, was great! Next week looks interesting.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Count me on. I am not a big fan of this episode.

This show is missing some mystery for me, so I no longer crazy about it. I think they authors should make this season the last and not to create some horrible ending by dragging it for years. Now I am even wondering if this is the show that made me wait every week and count second to new episode every time during first season.
This episode was the last time I watched it live. Next week I will switch to NBC and watch Crisis instead and watch this one later during the week...

I don't like the idea of adding new character, Nolan's friend from jail. He sounds fishy and I don't think Nolan should trust him at all.

Didn't like Margo's dad and found him too young looking to be her dad. Not into his past and love story with Victoria. And even his involvement in Clark's case.

I liked Stevie this episode. I think it's ok to trust her.

Victoria is getting close to the truth about Amanda Clark/Emily. She should figure out something sooner or later, she is a smart women and even suspected Amanda in not being Amanda Clark last season if I am not mistaken.

So, Emily was the one who "released" her medical records? I didn't get why she did this this way.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
This show is missing some mystery for me, so I no longer crazy about it. I think they authors should make this season the last and not to create some horrible ending by dragging it for years. Now I am even wondering if this is the show that made me wait every week and count second to new episode every time during first season
This. The show is already dragging on too long. The main plot thread being sidelined too often for newer stories and characters that just feel like they're getting in the way. The first season was so flawless, but it really needs to come to a conclusion pretty soon.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

It won't even be a satisfying conclusion at the rate they're going.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I'm a little more optimistic about things...this episode definitely did have its flaws (most having to do with Pascal), but I do still want S4. Because even when the plot writing fails, I still find the characters interesting to watch -- well, Emily, Victoria, Jack, Nolan and Conrad.

But I'd also like assurances from TPTB that they have a plan in place for a final season -- a plan they're going to stick to. I still remember back in S1 when one of the show-runners said they were going to open S2 with a scene of Emily getting married, but to a mystery groom...and then they were going to flashback to several months before and show the lead-up to the wedding and the answer to the question "which man is Emily marrying?" And there was also supposed to be a story about Emily moving to New York City to take down people outside of the Hamptons.

And, of course, S2 was nothing like that. They went with the Amanda wreckage and convoluted stories involving the Initiative, Aiden, and Padma.

And then this season, while a lot of things have gone right, some of it has seemed like throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks -- and often it only sticks for a few episodes (Sara, Jimmy Brennan, Niko, Emily's amnesia, Emily's black-outs) and it's wrapped up so fast/neatly that viewers are often left wondering what the point was?

That may be, in part, because they're trying to tread water waiting for an epic and explosive S4 (the number that gets them to syndication). If that's the case, then I want to see it. That'll be the trade-off for the problems of S2/S3.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Really enjoyed the episode. I love the Victoria/Daniel vs Emily fights. The Graysons think they've won, but oh are they wrong Love it!

I'm also more than glad that Emily is finally letting Jack in on her plans. She's finally ready to let him into her team, and by him also Stevie, who I kind of trust strangely enough. I will always have 1% of doubt regarding her character, but I have that with every new character on the show. But she seems to really care about justice, so here is hope!

I kind of hope the Emily is really Amanda Clark secret is coming out this season. I want to see the faces of Victoria and Conrad, lol. Oh, and Daniel is just a major tool imo.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.