Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Hey, you did better than me! And then because I waited until the last second to take a lab science and was too stubborn to take a Friday class, I ended up taking another geology class. Thankfully I took it pass/no credit, so I did not receive a letter grade, but a 'P'. Apparently nearly failing once wasn't good enough for me. But yeah, geology sucks. I hate rocks.
I too hate rocks. Ironically the parts I did well in didn't really have much to do with traditional geology. Astronomy, anthropology (evolution), and earth history (aka dinosaurs) were my strongest sections. I did terribly everywhere else. I doubt I even passed any section outside of those. They actually call the class I took 'Rocks for Jocks', and everyone says it's the easiest class you can take in uni. LIES.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)
I too hate rocks. Ironically the parts I did well in didn't really have much to do with traditional geology. Astronomy, anthropology (evolution), and earth history (aka dinosaurs) were my strongest sections. I did terribly everywhere else. I doubt I even passed any section outside of those. They actually call the class I took 'Rocks for Jocks', and everyone says it's the easiest class you can take in uni. LIES.
Rocks For Jocks. The classes people tell you are 'easy' are usually so difficult! I did have a criminology professor who curved 20 points though, so I liked that class.

Astronomy sounds fun. I would have liked to have done that way more than geology. When I took earth science in high school I did well. But rocks I just hate them. Boring.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Rocks For Jocks. The classes people tell you are 'easy' are usually so difficult! I did have a criminology professor who curved 20 points though, so I liked that class.

Astronomy sounds fun. I would have liked to have done that way more than geology. When I took earth science in high school I did well. But rocks I just hate them. Boring.
I wish the whole course was astronomical geology. I certainly would have gotten a grade higher than a C. :p I tried to get into the actual astronomy class, but it filled up way before my class sign up date.

I always like it when classes get curved up. I ended up with a nice B+ in my Canadian sociology class as a result (I went up from a B).

I did well in biology in high school, but with the exception of one biology class (that shows up something like once every 3 years), all the biology classes in my university are restricted to science majors only.

Rocks can suck it. I read fanfiction in that class because I just didn't care, but I needed to fulfill my need for a science course. Thankfully I only need to take one more science course. Hopefully that biology class is available.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 06-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

That sucks. I hate when classes get filled up.

at reading fanfic. There was a kid who used to play solitaire on his laptop during class. I always wondered how well he did.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw lots of people steaming hockey games during my evening psychology class. Luckily the prof in that class was amazing, so they probably did decently.

To be honest, I think 95% of people with laptops screw around during class for at least a few minutes. I didn't dare do it during the classes that had profs that walked around because I was always afraid they'd catch me and I'd get tossed out. Sometimes I wonder if I'd do any better if I actually focused 100% at the lecture. I'll probably never know...

Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I saw lots of people steaming hockey games during my evening psychology class. Luckily the prof in that class was amazing, so they probably did decently.

To be honest, I think 95% of people with laptops screw around during class for at least a few minutes. I didn't dare do it during the classes that had profs that walked around because I was always afraid they'd catch me and I'd get tossed out. Sometimes I wonder if I'd do any better if I actually focused 100% at the lecture. I'll probably never know...
Awesome.

Very true. Me either. I was not worried about getting caught, but not taking good enough notes. I have a friend who was very good at math and in high school she cut this one class a lot of times, but did extremely well on the regents like in the 90s, which in NY and CA are tests students have to take at the end of the year in high school.

I was like how do you do that? I go to class every day, do my homework, and when it came to math and science, I just never did well. It annoyed me. I wanted to be one of the people who could just do well without having to do any of the work.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Awesome.

Very true. Me either. I was not worried about getting caught, but not taking good enough notes. I have a friend who was very good at math and in high school she cut this one class a lot of times, but did extremely well on the regents like in the 90s, which in NY and CA are tests students have to take at the end of the year in high school.

I was like how do you do that? I go to class every day, do my homework, and when it came to math and science, I just never did well. It annoyed me. I wanted to be one of the people who could just do well without having to do any of the work.
I'm like that, but only for classes in the social sciences. They just click. In high school I could do well in everything aside from math or chemistry and I never studied. People sure got mad at me.

But boy was I terrible at math and chemistry. I'd get 80's and 90's in social, biology, and ELA, and I'd barely get a 60 in chemistry and math.

I wish I had good study habits, but that''s just something I never had, even in elementary school. It's coming to bite me though... university is nigh impossible to do well in without some good study skills.

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 06-26-2013 at 07:42 PM
Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I can get away with it in some classes, but math and science I could have studied hours upon hours upon end and still ended up with the same results.

I was never good at studying. I hated studying. I am, however, an excellent procrastinator.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can get away with it in some classes, but math and science I could have studied hours upon hours upon end and still ended up with the same results.

I was never good at studying. I hated studying. I am, however, an excellent procrastinator.
I too am excellent at- eh, I'll tell you later.

Math and chemistry just never made any sense. Didn't help that I had mediocre math teachers, and a chemistry teacher from the depths of evil. Said chemistry teacher yelled at me to read the textbook after I asked for help on how to properly do a dangerous lab... because I totally didn't read the book 5 times and ask the other groups near mine for help/clarification.

I have a few statistics classes that I need to take this year for my major. I'm going to suffer. If I don't fall asleep during class, I'll be bitterly sobbing over my lowered GPA.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I too am excellent at- eh, I'll tell you later.

Math and chemistry just never made any sense. Didn't help that I had mediocre math teachers, and a chemistry teacher from the depths of evil. Said chemistry teacher yelled at me to read the textbook after I asked for help on how to properly do a dangerous lab... because I totally didn't read the book 5 times and ask the other groups near mine for help/clarification.

I have a few statistics classes that I need to take this year for my major. I'm going to suffer. If I don't fall asleep during class, I'll be bitterly sobbing over my lowered GPA.
I'll tell you later. Yeah, my motto.

My biology teacher was an idiot who clearly had no mirror because her makeup was just awful and everywhere.

And my math teachers were also fairly incompetent. I had one in senior year who would say "Ms. M doesn't know the answer. Who knows the answer?" And I'm like well, if YOU don't know the answer how am I supposed to, lady?

Good luck! I guess you can't take them pass/no credit since they are for your major? Bleh.

On another note, I have a song stuck in my head and it's getting annoying.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Old 06-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol, man, it's been hot up here. How about for you?! What's even worse is there is no air in my place of employment.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'll tell you later. Yeah, my motto.

My biology teacher was an idiot who clearly had no mirror because her makeup was just awful and everywhere.

And my math teachers were also fairly incompetent. I had one in senior year who would say "Ms. M doesn't know the answer. Who knows the answer?" And I'm like well, if YOU don't know the answer how am I supposed to, lady?

Good luck! I guess you can't take them pass/no credit since they are for your major? Bleh.

On another note, I have a song stuck in my head and it's getting annoying.
I'm not even sure if my uni has pass/no credit classes. If they do, I've never heard of the specific classes that would do that. I wish I could do it that way though. Not only am I stressed about passing, I'm stressed about getting at least a B (even though a C is significantly more realistic for me). Just worrying about passing would be nice.

Ha, that math teacher sounds similar to a physics teacher I had. She was another mediocre teacher. Took the examples in the textbook, and did them on the board instead of choosing an unsolved one. Oh well... Not even sure why I took that class.

What song is it? For the longest time the songs from The Bling Ring trailer were in my head. Terrible lyrics, but very catchy.

It's been hot here today too! About 30C, plus a little hotter because the ground is still damp here from all the rain and flooding.
I like it about 5 degree cooler. 25C is my kind of weather!

Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Firstly, can I just say how envious I am of those of you who are having hot weather? It's been like living in a fridge here recently, although warmer today. My daughter and I are thinking of escaping for a couple of days to sunnier climes now that she has finished exams, and is a free agent until September.

Secondly, I had the opportunity to watch Sean Berdy in Legend of the Mountain Man this week. There are perks to having a partner who maintains a strong interest in portrayals of disabled/Deaf people in the media. Anyway, pretty terrible film, but you can definitely see the emerging actor (and star) in it. I assume that he must have been 14 or 15 when it was filmed. I think the whole family was involved. Certainly his dad and brother are in the film (as his dad and brother). Tyler is a little delight in it too. Great fun!