Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Switched at Birth News Thread #2: Psst? Haven't you heard? We've got a date, September 3rd!

Hope it's okay that I decided to make the new thread.

In case anyone missed it, here's the press release from ABC Fam:

Quote:
ABC FAMILY'S AWARD-WINNING HIT SERIES "SWITCHED AT BIRTH" RETURNS WITH ALL NEW EPISODES MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 AT 8:00PM ET/PT AND THE SWITCHED AT BIRTH BOOK AVAILABLE TUESDAY, AUGUST 28 REVEALS INSIDE STORY BY CHARACTER, KATHRYN KENNISH

Season Kicks Off with All Day Marathon starting at 7:00AM ET/PT

Burbank, CA (July 10, 2012) - ABC Family's award-winning hit drama series, "Switched at Birth," will return with all new episodes beginning Monday, September 3 at 8:00PM ET/PT. In advance of the premiere, Hyperion will release a Switched at Birth book (available at online retailers on August 28) divulging the contents of a memoir authored by the character Kathryn Kennish (played by Lea Thompson) in the series.

In addition, the network will air a special "Switched at Birth" marathon (13 episodes) on Monday, September 3, from 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET/PT, leading up to the season 1C premiere. "Switched at Birth" is a family drama that explores blended families and deaf culture, with an array of deaf and hard-of-hearing actors, and includes scenes shot entirely in American Sign Language. "Switched at Birth" launched as the network's #1 series debut of all time in Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49, and overall, ranked as the #1 new cable series of Summer 2011 across its core female demos.

The Switched at Birth book by Kathryn Kennish (played by Lea Thompson) is the inside story of the "Switched at Birth" family as only a mother could tell it. In her memoir, Kathryn reveals the surprising and intimate layers of her story-from the private details of the switched-at-birth revelation to all that occurs in its aftermath, including Regina and Daphne's move into the Kennish household. In the wake of this immense shift, secrets and previously unexamined issues from Kathryn's and her family's past surface as they are forced to reexamine everything they assumed about what makes a family a family. The book, like the show, touches on themes that any family who has ever felt different or "not normal" will recognize and appreciate.

Currently nominated for an Imagen Award and a Television Critics Association Award, "Switched at Birth" has been honored with AFTRA's (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) American Scene "Crystal" Award(r)", the Producers Guild of America George Sunga Award and a Gracie Award.

"Switched at Birth" is executive-produced by Lizzy Weiss ("Blue Crush"), Paul Stupin ("Make It or Break It"), Becky Hartman Edwards ("Parenthood") and John Ziffren ("Melissa & Joey," "Make It or Break It"). The series also stars Katie Leclerc as Daphne Vasquez; Vanessa Marano ("Gilmore Girls") as Bay Kennish; Constance Marie ("George Lopez") as Regina Vasquez; D.W. Moffett ("Friday Night Lights") as John Kennish; Lea Thompson ("Back to the Future," "Caroline in the City") as Kathryn Kennish; Lucas Grabeel ("High School Musical") as Toby Kennish; and Sean Berdy as Emmett Bledsoe, along with guest stars Gilles Marini ("Dancing with the Stars") and Marlee Matlin ("The West Wing").

Part of the Disney/ABC Television Group, ABC Family is distributed in over 97 million homes. ABC Family features programming reflecting today's families, entertaining and connecting with adults through relatable programming about today's relationships - told with a mix of diversity, passion, humor and heart. ABC Family's programming is a combination of network defining original series and original movies, quality acquired series and blockbuster theatricals. Emmy(r) Award-winning ABCFamily.com provides a variety of interactive entertainment and community features, from rich, fan-centric programming - including blogs, viewing parties, webisodes, full episodes of the network's hit programming, along with sneak peek exclusive previews and behind-the-scenes clips. ABC Family is also the destination for annual Holiday events with "13 Nights of Halloween" and "25 Days of Christmas." ABC Family. A New Kind of Family.

Hyperion, founded in 1991, publishes general-interest fiction and nonfiction hardcover, trade, and mass-market paperback books for adults, and includes the Voice and Hyperion eBook and Audio imprints. Hyperion is the adult trade book publishing unit of the Disney/ABC-Television Group, which is part of The Walt Disney Company. For further information, please visit Hyperion Books and follow at Hyperion (HyperionVoice) on Twitter.

Book cover art and show press materials available on www.abcfamilymedianet.com

Official ABC Family "Switched at Birth" website: ABC Family - Switched at Birth - Official TV Show Site

Facebook: Switched at Birth | Facebook

Twitter: Switched at Birth (ABCFsab) on Twitter @ABCFsab

Contacts: Robin Finn ABC Family Media Relations (818) 955-4728 robin.e.finn@disney.com

Megan Vidulich Hyperion Publicity (917) 661-2055 megan.g.vidulich@disney.com
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new thread and glad to know the date..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT and greats news about the official air date!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

about freaking time.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I know right and I can't wait for the show coming back!!

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Addicted Fan

I need to know the direction that Lizzy Weiss is taking with the show so I'll know whether or not I'll want to tune in. I can't be subjected to watching my favorite characters being run through the mud or not having any interaction at all. It's not fair to the audience.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed, it does make things uncomfortable not having any idea but then again, it's like they they always tell the truth even if they were to tell us something we would like to hear.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Agreed, it does make things uncomfortable not having any idea but then again, it's like they they always tell the truth even if they were to tell us something we would like to hear.
I know Lizzy isn't for spoilers but she does love to share feedback, with what we should expect or not expect. That's what I'm needing right now. If it's not going to be good for Bay and Emmett, i'm OUT.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

My only gripe now is if SAB does get renewed (and I have a feeling it will), how long will the next hiatus be?

It should be ending October 22nd. I hope we get renewal info around then. I'd say the earlier we'll get it back is in March, and the latest summer.

Ugh, if it IS summer though that's an eight month hiatus, and yes, ABC Family has done that long of a hiatus before. MIOBI was on a 10 month, and I think The Lying Game will be coming back from a 10 month hiatus.

8 months would be awful. ABC Family and their annoying long hiatuses, which they still don't get affects ratings.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm hoping they announce a renewal a few weeks into sept.

they renewed the lying game in the middle of sept. last year and that came back in jan. soo hopefully it'll be the same for sab. it would majorly suck to have a 6 month hiatus, air only 8 episodes, then go on another 6 month hiatus.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
My only gripe now is if SAB does get renewed (and I have a feeling it will), how long will the next hiatus be?

It should be ending October 22nd. I hope we get renewal info around then. I'd say the earlier we'll get it back is in March, and the latest summer.

Ugh, if it IS summer though that's an eight month hiatus, and yes, ABC Family has done that long of a hiatus before. MIOBI was on a 10 month, and I think The Lying Game will be coming back from a 10 month hiatus.

8 months would be awful. ABC Family and their annoying long hiatuses, which they still don't get affects ratings.
ive suffered close to a year of a hiatus .........ughh. no 8 months. how about 1 month hiatus? :-D
Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH
i'm hoping they announce a renewal a few weeks into sept.

they renewed the lying game in the middle of sept. last year and that came back in jan. soo hopefully it'll be the same for sab. it would majorly suck to have a 6 month hiatus, air only 8 episodes, then go on another 6 month hiatus.
I agree. It depends on SAB's ratings. Right now, it's the second highest show on the network, but we will see how that changes after SL and after SAB finishes. Then it depends on what to air it with. ABC Fam does normally two nights of programming, Monday and Tuesday. We know The Lying Game is for sure coming back in January, and it would make sense to pair it with Pretty Little Liars.

Secret Life has the rest of its fifth season, so they could either bring it back in January and pair it with Switched, or they could pick Bunheads up for more and pair that with Secret Life.

I don't know. Jane By Design seems like it might go. Their numbers haven't been great. Honestly they may be waiting to see what to pair with what and we might not get any renewal info for any show until Switched is done.

If they did cancel Jane, and they still do a March run, that might mean one show is left on its own, but then again, I know nothing about any pilots being picked up by ABC Family, so it's possible by the time January comes around they will have a new pilot that they will need a lead in for.

I hope it A) gets renewed and b) they decide to air in January. If not January, March and then ideally a summer run.

Lol. Wish we had a crystal ball. I just want renewal info as soon as possible.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

We'll see once the show starts airing again. See that the show got the potential to go for another season.