Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I remember Vicky!

Which actor was your favorite to play the part?

I don't remember Ryan, but I looked up his picture, and he's cute! I bet I would have liked them as a couple, too.

If you ever want to talk about the things you loved about them, I would like to listen! Do you have any YouTube video clips to share with me?

I loved Lily & Holden on As The World Turns. Their relationship over the years is one that really pulled at my heartstrings. It's interesting, too, because for a long time in the beginning, I wanted Lily to choose Dusty. But I grew to understand why she chose Holden instead, and I loved their story.
I liked all the actresses who played Vicky, with the exception of Rhonda Lewin, who only played her for a short time. Whever I think of Vicky though, the face that always come to mind is Jensen Buchanan. She was the last actress to play Vicky and played her through the majority of the Vicky/Ryan storyline. There are lots of clips I like to re-watch from time to time, but many of them wouldn't be as meaningful out of context. Also I don't want to get the thread too off track since AW wasn't an ABC show or one that anyone else here watched. I appreciate that you gave me the chance to talk about this show though. It was fun to take a little trip down memory lane.

I remember Holden, Lily, and Dusty but mostly Holden and Lily. Even though I didn't watch ATWT, I obsessively read soap opera magazines so I knew some of the storylines on shows that I didn't watch.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
I liked all the actresses who played Vicky, with the exception of Rhonda Lewin, who only played her for a short time. Whever I think of Vicky though, the face that always come to mind is Jensen Buchanan. She was the last actress to play Vicky and played her through the majority of the Vicky/Ryan storyline. There are lots of clips I like to re-watch from time to time, but many of them wouldn't be as meaningful out of context. Also I don't want to get the thread too off track since AW wasn't an ABC show or one that anyone else here watched. I appreciate that you gave me the chance to talk about this show though. It was fun to take a little trip down memory lane.

I remember Holden, Lily, and Dusty but mostly Holden and Lily. Even though I didn't watch ATWT, I obsessively read soap opera magazines so I knew some of the storylines on shows that I didn't watch.
Don't worry about going off-topic with this thread. We debated the title in the beginning of it, anyway. I always meant for it to be about more than just Freeform's other series. At the time, we only mentioned ABC Family to encourage people to talk about The Fosters, etc., too.

I'm going to change the title right now, so we can talk about any other TV series. It's all fair game, here!

Anyone watch Dr. Who?
Old 01-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Don't worry about going off-topic with this thread. We debated the title in the beginning of it, anyway. I always meant for it to be about more than just Freeform's other series. At the time, we only mentioned ABC Family to encourage people to talk about The Fosters, etc., too.

I'm going to change the title right now, so we can talk about any other TV series. It's all fair game, here!

Anyone watch Dr. Who?
Okay, good to know!

I've seen some of the Dr. Who episodes. My son was watching the "newer" (2005) series on netflix. We saw all the episodes with the 9th doctor and Rose and some of the ones with the 10th. They took it off netflix though, so that was as far as we got.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Anyone watch Dr. Who?
I dont know think I have seen Doctor Who
Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I dont know think I have seen Doctor Who
Me either!

I like the idea of it, though, from what I have heard.

A couple of years ago, my students in a fan fiction class, threw a Dr. Who fandom celebration and brought the most interesting food, like fish sticks and custard.

Who knew?
Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
A couple of years ago, my students in a fan fiction class, threw a Dr. Who fandom celebration and brought the most interesting food, like fish sticks and custard.
Wow, that sounds like fun!! I might have disliked school a little less if we had done fun stuff like that!

Is anyone watching anything on netflix?

Last edited by charming_essa; 01-30-2017 at 12:52 PM
Old 02-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me either!

I like the idea of it, though, from what I have heard.

Who knew?
That sounds like a cool idea lol
Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching Gossip Girl Essa
Had never watched it before
Old 02-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I liked that show
Old 02-03-2017, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What's it about?

I haven't heard the premise yet. Interesting title!
Old 02-03-2017, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pfhew, I don't even know how to explain Amy
It's a show following the life of Upper Manhattan teenagers (and their parents to some extent).
The name Gossip Girl is because on the show the voice-over is a Gossip Girl, someone who runs a blog about the entire social life of those teenagers. And you only find out who that person is at the end of the show (I think )
I'm liking it, but I don't think I could binge watch it. There's A LOT of teen drama going on and I find myself sighing at it
Old 02-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It's a show following the life of Upper Manhattan teenagers (and their parents to some extent).
The name Gossip Girl is because on the show the voice-over is a Gossip Girl, someone who runs a blog about the entire social life of those teenagers. And you only find out who that person is at the end of the show (I think )
I'm liking it, but I don't think I could binge watch it. There's A LOT of teen drama going on and I find myself sighing at it
Yeah I did it at the beginning too
Old 02-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I've heard of it, but never watched it.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm glad to see that this thread is still active, considering that I was "yelled at" by a former mod for posting it.
The Fosters looks like it is becoming more negative. Apparently, Brandon won't be going to Julliard because he committed academic fraud and it looks like Callie might be going to jail because she left the scene of an accident. Like Bay, she MIGHT have the label of convicted felon. Previews have her being locked up.
We'll see what happens.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sounds like an interesting premise. Teenagers are so private that I imagine they would not like someone running a blog on their social life, even if they are not named. (Are they named?)

Is Gossip Girl over now? Or is it still being broadcast?

Is anyone here interested in the return of Twin Peaks later this year? I adored that TV series back in the 1990s. I can't wait for the return and plan to watch every episode beforehand, as a refresher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
I'm glad to see that this thread is still active, considering that I was "yelled at" by a former mod for posting it.
The Fosters looks like it is becoming more negative. Apparently, Brandon won't be going to Julliard because he committed academic fraud and it looks like Callie might be going to jail because she left the scene of an accident. Like Bay, she MIGHT have the label of convicted felon. Previews have her being locked up.
We'll see what happens.
Thanks for starting this thread, John! I am sorry you felt your contribution wasn't welcome. It was, and it is! You are welcome to start new threads here. I don't think any of us meant for you to feel otherwise.

I am excited to see you back here with us.

The Season 5 premiere knocked the wind out of me. (I get emotional about these things! ) But I am getting my wind back, and it is wonderful to see fans return to this board.

I didn't watch The Fosters premiere, but I think it may be turning more negative. It looks as though Jesus might be paralyzed and unable to communicate. It's a shame about Brandon. I would have liked to have seen him at Julliard. I like Callie, but the idea of her going to prison because she left the scene of an accident AFTER SHE HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED seems ridiculous to me. If someone has been kidnapped, then escaping to save their own life might take precedence. (But as I said, I did not watch the episode, so maybe that's not how it all went down.)

I really don't care about any of the characters on The Fosters.

I loved, I mean really, really loved, the characters on Switched at Birth. I cared more about Emmett than I have ever cared about any fictional character. I cared about Bay, too, and even Daphne. Heck, I even cared about the parents, back when I wondered how they would all cope with the switch. But everything has been glossed over for so long on Switched at Birth. As viewers, we never see any character do the hard work of solving their problems. Instead, difficulties just disappear in the next episode or the next season, as if they never existed. I can hear the writers saying, "Time to move on."

Just because one or more of the writers suffer from ADHD does not mean that the fans suffer from it. I would like to have time to explore these characters problems, rather than being told, "That problem is solved. The next problem for this character will be blah, blah, blah. Oops! That problem is solved, too, now. But, hey, next season, this problem will occur. Watch closely, because it will be solved, too, in only a few minutes of screen time. Pay attention!"

Yep, I got it.

Maybe this season the writers will go deeper. That's the advice that Emmett's professor at USC gave him on the script he wrote about his failed relationship with Bay. Maybe that is advice the Switched at Birth writers have received from their professors in the past. If so, they'd do well to heed it.