Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's All Relative: Other TV Programs, including Freeform Original Series

This thread is probably not allowed but I'm going to try it anyway.
Since Switched at Birth is on break, I was just wondering what people thought of the finales of The Fosters and Chasing Life. I'm not looking to start forums for these shows but MAYBE you would like to discuss them for a few days. On Chasing Life, April decided to accept Leo's marriage proposal, even though she could be dead in a few weeks.
For those of you interested in comedies, Young and Hungry begins tonight.
I have seen that the Family Channel will be premiering 2 new shows during the Summer.
Stitchers is a sci-fi show. Since The Nine Lives of Chloe King didn't work out, I wonder how Stitchers will fare.
Another show, whose name eludes me, seems to be a reality show about 2 men who decide to have a sex change and become women. Does that sound like a show that you would have some interest in? I don't watch many reality shows.
If so, you can nominate them to be added to the list of forums.

MAYBE you are interested in discussing these shows for a few days and maybe you aren't.

Last edited by ollibear; 04-25-2015 at 10:15 AM
Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
This thread is probably not allowed but I'm going to try it anyway.
I appreciate that you want to discuss things!

I did add a bit to the title of your post, so people would be able to locate this particular discussion. I hope you don't mind.

Quote:
Since Switched at Birth is on break, I was just wondering what people thought of the finales of The Fosters and Chasing Life. I'm not looking to start forums for these shows but MAYBE you would like to discuss them for a few days.

On Chasing Life, April decided to accept Leo's marriage proposal, even though she could be dead in a few weeks.
I didn't watch Chasing Life, but I have been following episode descriptions. (I have never watched an episode of the show, though.)

I am sort of shocked April was given just 2-6 weeks to live. Of course, something could turn that diagnosis around for her, but that IS a shocking diagnosis.

As for The Fosters, I have never watched an episode of it either. But I follow episode descriptions and I have caught a few minutes here and there, over the last couple of months.

Also, I saw the last five minutes of the mid-season finale.

The car crash seemed rather cheesy to me. It felt like fake drama for the sake of drama. I actually expected more from the show. Maybe I would feel differently about it, if I watched it though. Maybe it is unfair of me to judge it.

I don't care about any of those three characters in the car. I care about Callie and Brandon, without watching the show, but I do NOT care about the twins or their pregnant bio-mother. It really doesn't matter to me who the fatality ends up being.

Nothing in The Fosters story this season feels authentic to me.

I don't even care whether Callie gets adopted or whether Stef and Lena have marriage problems.

I do care about the characters on Switched at Birth, and I have no idea what might happen to any of them. The show has really kept me guessing, especially after this season. Things that I once believed were a sure thing are now completely up in the air.

Just like real life, I have NO idea which way the Switched at Birth story might turn.

Quote:
For those of you interested in comedies, Young and Hungry begins tonight.

I have seen that the Family Channel will be premiering 2 new shows during the Summer.
Stitchers is a sci-fi show. Since The Nine Lives of Chloe King didn't work out, I wonder how Stitchers will fare.

Another show, whose name eludes me, seems to be a reality show about 2 men who decide to have a sex change and become women. Does that sound like a show that you would have some interest in? I don't watch many reality shows.

If so, you can nominate them to be added to the list of forums.

MAYBE you are interested in discussing these shows for a few days and maybe you aren't.
I have never watched any of those shows, nor do I know anything about them.

I did catch one episode of Baby Daddy during its first season.

If anyone watches it, what are your predictions as to what the future might hold for those characters? They were cute!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Amy, I hope you don't mind. I renamed this the OT thread for movies and other TV shows.

John S, it's totally fine for a thread like this. I just changed the name.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 03-25-2015 at 04:09 PM
Old 03-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Amy, I hope you don't mind. I renamed this the OT thread for movies and other TV shows.
I sort of liked having it specific for ABC Family shows. We already have a general off-topic thread. But maybe this title will work.

You have been around a lot longer than me, so you probably know better.

I just worry that film, TV, and music is too broad.

It's kind of a tight rope, though. We want it to be specific enough that people know WHAT sort of information to post. And yet, we don't want it to be SO specific that people quickly run out of things TO post either.

I guess we will try it like this, and if it proves popular, we will leave it.

If it starts to die off, I may try modifying it again, though.

Do you have any input on the ABC Family shows that John mentioned, Alyssa?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

I am really enjoying The Fosters this season or I was. The season ended Monday and their third season is starting this summer.

I also watch PLL but I'm not invested in it. I kind of just watch it to watch it and find out who "A" is once and for all. But
Old 03-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

The title of this thread is meaningless if no one responds to it.
I kept this about Family Channel shows because I believed that you might agree to let it last for a few days that way - but if you will allow discussion of other shows that don't have their own forum, that would be fine too.
Let's see how this goes.

Supposedly, A is someone named Charles - whoever that is. That show has gone on too long.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

I changed it back to ABC Family shows.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
The title of this thread is meaningless if no one responds to it.
I might enjoy discussing The Fosters.

What do people think about the Season Finale?

What are some predictions for Season Three?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I might enjoy discussing The Fosters.

What do people think about the Season Finale?

What are some predictions for Season Three?
I really enjoyed The Fosters this half. As far as the finale, I enjoyed it.

Season three predictions. Hmm. Well, I don't think - despite the actor's announcement on twitter that he is leaving - that Jesus dies. I don't think anyone from their car dies, rather the opposing driver. I think instead Jesus will be at boarding school.

Not sure about Marianna. She wasn't wearing a seat belt, but they're definitely not killing her off. She might however have a really bad injury that prevents her from dancing again.

Jude and Connor will continue to be adorable, but now that they're a couple comes the inevitable angst. Like transitioning from friends to a couple and I really think the next season will see them dealing with coming out at school and how the kids react to that.

Callie, I just don't think her adoption will ever go through. I'll probably roll my eyes at whatever the next obstacle is that keeps her from being adopted. But I am sure there will be one.

Brandon goes to the music conservatory for the summer. I'm not entirely positive whether I think it'll pick up a few weeks later and show them in the summer or if it'll be a few episodes concentrating on summer or they ignore summer altogether and pick up at the beginning of the school year. I guess we'll see the fallout of his decision to go to the conservatory vs on tour with Lou. I'm not a Lou fan though so I wouldn't mind her going. She's manipulative as all heck.

Stef and Lena I am sure will eventually deal with Lena's kiss with Monte and I don't know what else.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

i don't watch the fosters because brandon/callie.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely not a Brandon/Callie shipper. Shipping is subjective, I guess. Some ships just do nothing for you and for me, that's Brandon/Callie.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Addicted Fan

i hate that ship.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Tell us how you really feel.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I like Brandon and Callie together, but I don't watch the show.

Maybe if I had actually seen more than a few seconds here and there, I wouldn't like them either.

They're both attractive, and they look good together. They both seem sweet and appear to share sincere feelings for each other.

But as I said, I may see something differently, if I actually watched an episode.

It just seems like Brandon really loves Callie. I'm a sucker, for a guy really loving a girl.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

I can understand how they might come off when you're not watching, but I do think while watching, they are a complete turn off.

It's strange how some couples just draw you in and others make you roll your eyes.

Not to get too OT, but with Bay and Emmett, I genuinely believed they had deep feelings after a few months, but with Brandon and Callie, Brandon's declaration in 1B of "We're so in love, you can't stop us!" essentially after two months of knowing each other - not dating, just knowing each other - just made me want to sigh heavily.

Personally I find Brandon pretty insufferable and I can't ship when I can barely tolerate the other ship partner.

It's a number of factors for me.