Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Glad y'all liked the fic.

It's was fun to write.

The show BR is currently on never really caught my eye tbh, so I'm not much help there.

Well it's nice to hear that BR has some work going on. And of course it's another indicator that Ty isn't in the first few episodes of SAB, if in this front half at all.

I haven't being feeling very SAB inspired lately in regards to LaK. I've been on a THG and Galeniss kick for the last couple of weeks. Anyone have any inspired stuff?

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ohhhhh Please update LoK
Old 10-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

That's too bad that you haven't been inspired, but I've been in the same boat lately.

I'm thinking about making another vid - but I'm trying to think of a song to use. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

It's tough right now. I'm kinda in rut. I heard something about SAB that might inspire me again- possibly anyway. I'd say more, but I don't want to get too spoilery here.

And tbh, I've really gotten back into Galeniss and THG (despite how terrible Mockingjay is). I've kinda got a one track mind when it comes to fanfic. Right now I'm on a Galeniss reading spree.

Romance song or angst song?

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 10-24-2013 at 06:27 PM
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm thinking more romance, I'm in desperate need of motivation!

So, I guess you're a big Galeness fan! I was always more of a Peeta/Katniss fan. I was into THG when it came out, but I've kind of lost interest in the mean time, but I'm sure that it'll come back when the next movie comes out.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Huge Galeniss fan actually. *dies of Galeniss feels*

I'm mostly just a fan of the 1st book and part of the 2nd. I loath the 3rd though. It's actually kind of weird, but I really, really care for the HG fanfics that people write- more that the actual books and movies themselves. Usually I'm really into all aspects of something. It's a strange experience.

I never really liked Peeta tbh and I never cared for Peenis (and that has got to be the worst otp name even haha). But I tend to lean more towards 'gritty' characters. Gale, Ty, etc. So that's probably the first reason I didn't get into Peeta. *shrugs*
I fell for Galeniss right at the "Remember, I-" moment. I was doomed from the start.

Hmm... romance song. *checks iPod* Promise This by Adele? It's actually fairly upbeat for an Adele song. I don't actually listen to a lot of traditional romantic music. Mostly angsty-romance music.

I wonder if trying to write a different fanfic in the meantime might inspire me more and get me back into LaK. I still have 'Promise Me You'll Stay' on my computer and that's featured 6 months after the summer ended. It's in Bay's perspective too.

I wish there were more SAB spoilers. There's already so much out for the Fosters. Spoilers can be inspiring even if they don't lean my way.

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 10-25-2013 at 06:16 PM
Old 10-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm usually the same way when I really ship a couple. I'll read the fics, etc. I think with THG, it's just more casual. I'm a fan of Peeta/Katniss, but not to the extent that I'll post on shipper threads or read fics or anything else. And I agree about the Peenis name - that is the worst!

Right now I'm listening to different songs, trying to find inspiration - but my motivation still hasn't come back. I'm thinking that I'll just force myself to pick a song and work from there. Maybe.

I'll listen to Promise This to see if it helps with my issue any! I hope that it does!

I hope that you find inspiration for your fics soon - I've really enjoyed them so far.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I was sort of like that back when I use to ship Bemmett for a couple of months (before the whole Ty email mess and cheating drama)- just kinda shipping them but without passion.

I think the reason I'm fanfic crazed with THG is because I've never experienced a book (or show or movie) where: My top favourite character disappears, my second favourite character undergoes a massive personality change (will there ever be a consistently strong female lead character?), and my third favourite character is brutally killed. And not to mention I don't like the endgame for Katniss. Fanfic helps rectify that so I don't suffer in pain. *secretly crying on the inside*

Glad you've enjoyed them. I like writing them too even if I am lacking inspiration at the current moment. I think part of the reason I haven't really been writing (other than lack of inspiration and Galesniss) is that school is both overwhelming and very dull at the moment. Hate social statistics and classical theology with the passion of 100000 fiery, burning suns. :grr:

I hope you become inspired to make a new video. Perhaps it'll help me out.

Random note: I've decided to keep 'Hands of Time' as a one-shot. I could never really figure out how to properly show Ty coming back with another dose of PTSD and have that issue resolved in one chapter. It would feel rushed and choppy. It works well as a one-shot anyway.

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 10-27-2013 at 12:26 AM
Old 10-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I know all about fanfic helping the pain for some of my couples!

That sucks about school. Hopefully those classes become a little bit more interesting for you in the future. I always hated going to classes that I didn't enjoy.

As for Hands of Time, I agree that it worked as a one shot. It would be better to leave it as a one-shot than to struggle with a second part which wouldn't do the fic the proper justice.

As for the music video, I did finish one today. I was originally aiming for a happy, romantic vid, however that's not where my inspiration headed, unfortunately. Inspiration hit for me when I was listening to the song "Let her go" - so that's what I did. Warning - angsty and it doesn't have the happiest ending.

Here's the vid!

Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really obsessed with fanfiction- often to the point that it's scary. I remember reading Harry/Hermione stuff way back when things weren't exactly going my way (curse you HBP!!).

I don't see them becoming more interesting. Statistics maybe, but certainly not for theology. I wouldn't be doing them if they weren't required for my major. It's too bad my GPA has to suffer though. I can easily study and do well in very difficult classes that I find interesting. I can't study or do well no matter how hard I try in easy classes that I'm totally uninterested in. And that equals a terribad GPA.
Random, but why is it that when I do really well, my GPA barely increases and when I do poorly, it falls faster than a cement block dumped into the ocean? It's not fair!

I think if I'd actually made it into a two-shot, it really would've killed it. I honestly had no idea what to do with Ty. I had Bay figured out (Ty and his comrades inspiring her to do artistic outreach programs for veterans). But I just couldn't figure out how to bring Ty back- how much to have him struggle with PTSD and if he wanted to reenlist or not, etc.

Lovely video! It's angsty but that's how they ended. So it works really well.

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 11-02-2013 at 12:35 AM
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Harry/Hermione! I remember those days - I was a big fan of those two as well as read tons of their fanfiction!

That sucks about your classes, I guess that it's one of those things that you just have to survive. I always found that in school too - if I was interested in a subject it didn't matter the level of difficulty, I always did well since I was interested in learning it. Are those classes of yours for the full year or only half-year?

I'm glad you liked the vid! I originally wanted to do a happier vid, but when I had inspiration strike, I just went with it. I was just happy to get any type of inspiration at all!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe that there's another Harmony shipper on here! I was alone in liking them back in the day.
Then again most of, if not all, my ships are like that. Galeniss isn't hugely popular, Ty/Bay is nowhere close to Bemmett, Puckleberry was never huge. I think my only popular ship is Brallie as of right now.

Technically half year but they have corresponding courses that pretty much make them full year. My classical theology course has a required matching course and it's modern theology (which I'm sure I'll hate less). My statistics course is mostly uni-variate and the next one is exclusively bi-variate.
I still don't see the point of classical theology. I can see the point of statistics and how it applies to other classes. But CT... not so much.

I feel ya- anything out is better than nothing at all. But at least you got something out. I had to put LaK on hold. I probably won't work on it until my finals are done. I might post a one-shot for B/T (or Galeniss) but that's all for now. I'm just really worn down.

GHWC has been updated! Perhaps the cute little update will inspire others to get some B/T stuff out while I'm out of commission.

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 11-04-2013 at 02:55 PM
Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

How are the hopes up among B/T shippers? Do you still think Ty will come back eventually?

I am going to watch Beauty and the Beast tonight just go get a glimpse of Nlair.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing the video
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh he'll be back. In what form is anyone's guess though. Hopefully it's not in a flag covered coffin.

My hopes... are kind of in the middle right now. I think I'd need to see the first few episodes of the season before getting my hopes up (or crushed).