Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely a very good Daphne episode.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely loved all of Daphne's scenes.

Loved her scenes with Regina they have such a wonderful mother/daughter bond. Liked how Regina was adament that Daphne was staying with her either way and their talk was so touching. Regina being worried that her not being able to sign was hurting their relationship was so real and very moving.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree it was a great episode for Daphne/Katie. She really hit out of the park.

The whole perfect comment is definitely going to play in how Daphne acts in the future.

It was nice of Jeff to check on her, but I'm still not feeling it. The scene with Manish's character was nice.

It's very in character for Daphne to hold her feelings in side and try to make everything work and make others happy only for her feelings to blow up at some point. I'm glad that Regina acknowledges this in the bedroom scene. Also glad that she realized that Daphne had a right to be upset. As sweet of her to do what she did for Bay she seemed to have forgotten how this would effect Daphne so I was happy it was brought up.

I love how layered Daphne is as a character and I'm liking the storylines she's getting so far.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Definitely a very good Daphne episode.
Agree w/ you on this..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it struck a nerve, being called perfect. I can relate. I hate when people tell me I'm such a goody goody, and it's like, okay, what should I do? Should I go out and get drunk just to appease you?

I think there's just a natural tendency to not want to be yourself and to be "bad" in a way, and let's face it, when you're 17, those tendencies are heightened. One thing I enjoy about SAB is that it really doesn't focus that much on teens and sex. It's more subtle in that respect. Like even if they are having it, there's not this need to publicize it, but I still think Daphne's a virgin and this could be her first sexual relationship, and with a much older guy, well, yeah. We know how this will go.

I always enjoy Regina and Daphne scenes. I agree that Regina (not that she meant to) probably wanted to do this so bad for Bay that she sort of neglected Daphne in that respect. I think it's also because she was able to really show Daphne in all the years she raised her how much she loved her, but the relationship with Bay is new, but you could see Regina felt badly about it, and also not being able to sign. Not that it's her fault; her health is more important and she needs it for her business, but ASL is Daphne's language and you could see how they were both affected by it.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hate when people tell me I'm such a goody goody, and it's like, okay, what should I do? Should I go out and get drunk just to appease you?
I Know Right?! It's almost like you're being attacked for being that way, it actually annoys me.

In Daphne's case, it's like she's going to fall into her own self-fulling prophecy: her need to get that stress of having to be perfect off her back.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I agree w/ both of you even I don't know why people think that she would be goody-goody, but she handled it so well by keep it to herself, but in no matter what, I think that she have a good head on her shoulder, but hopefully that won't mess up later on..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I Know Right?! It's almost like you're being attacked for being that way, it actually annoys me.

In Daphne's case, it's like she's going to fall into her own self-fulling prophecy: her need to get that stress of having to be perfect off her back.
Yeah, I hate it. It makes me feel like I should have been more wild or something, which is why I see where Daphne is coming from. The image of perfection is not something one wants to uphold, nor is it easy. I mean, the girl is human.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yeah, I hate it. It makes me feel like I should have been more wild or something, which is why I see where Daphne is coming from. The image of perfection is not something one wants to uphold, nor is it easy. I mean, the girl is human.
Exactly, it makes someone feel like they really don't fit in. It's why I can relate to Daphne as well.

I think we got to see more of that last night as well when Daphne wanted to change her style of 'dress.' She wants to garner some of that attention, attention that makes her feel important or like the one that stands out, but obviously it didn't work, nor should it. Because Daphne is Daphne and hopefully at the end of all this, she'll learn that being herself is what ultimately counts.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

I hope that she can being herself which that's important than trying to be someone else that aren't working for her..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Exactly, it makes someone feel like they really don't fit in. It's why I can relate to Daphne as well.

I think we got to see more of that last night as well when Daphne wanted to change her style of 'dress.' She wants to garner some of that attention, attention that makes her feel important or like the one that stands out, but obviously it didn't work, nor should it. Because Daphne is Daphne and hopefully at the end of all this, she'll learn that being herself is what ultimately counts.
I agree.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

I have no problem with Melody and Jeff hooking up....... i guess coz its just two ppl hooking up for fun, both liked each other and responded to that, and also Melody wants fun

But i still dont feel much for Jeff/Daphne, i very much like her interactions with Scuba (i assume thats his nickname lol), hopefully we might get more scenes with them, now that she is upgraded to something else then washing dishes

And Daphne is great as she is, she doesnt need to change........ she needs an guy who will accept her as a whole and make her feel safe and secure, and wonderful
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yes, exactly. In the end it may be the hardest lesson to learn but you people who matter don't mind who you are and people who mind ultimately don't matter. I know I tried to be someone I wasn't to appease others and made myself uncomfortable in the process, and it's not fun at all.

Daphne needs to be Daphne. It's a shame too, because Scuba -- the guy in the kitchen -- seems to like her.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Scuba seems to like her how she is..... he noticed her the first time she came in, and their friendship is just there
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
I have no problem with Melody and Jeff hooking up....... i guess coz its just two ppl hooking up for fun, both liked each other and responded to that, and also Melody wants fun

But i still dont feel much for Jeff/Daphne, i very much like her interactions with Scuba (i assume thats his nickname lol), hopefully we might get more scenes with them, now that she is upgraded to something else then washing dishes

And Daphne is great as she is, she doesnt need to change........ she needs an guy who will accept her as a whole and make her feel safe and secure, and wonderful
My feeling exactly.