Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
After seeing the previews I'm not a fan of the "romance" between Jeff and Daphne. I tried to keep an open mind, but I'm not liking it. On the other hand I am enjoying the restaurant storyline. I love that Daphne is overcoming it and the scene she had with Kathryn. I did like the small moments with the other kitchen member.
Agreed.

Previews can sometimes be hyped up or misleading to make you think something but I don't now, I'm still thinking 'forbidden romance' here. And I don't mean the tortured true love, misunderstood, Romeo and Juliet kind of forbidden romance because of circumstances, I mean the 'bad boy' type of forbidden romance here. That's just my impression, maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but the previews thus far are turning me off to it.

On the other hand, I too, liked the restaurant storyline for Daphne. I'm glad she is broadened her interest in cooking and taking that places. Hope to see more of her dream pursued but I wonder what a relationship with Jeff will do, meaning what kind of damage will it cause down the road.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

To be honest, I haven't been on board since I heard about it a while ago. I don't like him, I don't like the age difference either. I know I may sound prudish, but I'm sorry. Daphne is still sixteen. He's much older. We don't know how much, but it just rubs me wrong.

Add to that he seems like a major dirtbag and yeah, Daphne can do better me thinks. Heather, I'm totally having LUX flashbacks.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
To be honest, I haven't been on board since I heard about it a while ago. I don't like him, I don't like the age difference either. I know I may sound prudish, but I'm sorry. Daphne is still sixteen. He's much older. We don't know how much, but it just rubs me wrong.

Add to that he seems like a major dirtbag and yeah, Daphne can do better me thinks. Heather, I'm totally having LUX flashbacks.
Oh gosh, Lux completely just entered my mind too. I don't think it's prudish at all, even in Lux, didn't like it at all, but at least the teacher was presented as a half-way decent guy who was getting too involved with a relationship that he shouldn't have and knew it but this guy?! Ugh! The age difference on top of being a jerk?!

What really saddened me is that I could have sworn I heard Daphne argue to either Regina, or someone else, in one of the previews that she cares about him even more than the cooking job at the restaurant.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not alone guys I also had Life Unexpected flashback and I wasn't a fan of that storyline on that show either. Nope not prudish at all. It doesn't help that they are going with that "Bad Boy" forbidden angle he's also her boss. It comes off a bit creepy!

She did say that Heather and that sadden me that she would say something like that about him and her job. I guess that shows how young she really is.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I wasn't TOO fond of Jeff in the first episode but I'm keeping an open mind. I look forward to Jeff and Daphne getting closer. It may be a questionable relationship but it's tv land people, so I'm sitting back and enjoying lol
Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Supreme Fan

It kind of puts Daphne in the category of "sleeping with the boss" ... not sure I want her going that route.

Still lamenting Travis, LOL . Liked him for Daphne when I knew Wilke was going away.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
It kind of puts Daphne in the category of "sleeping with the boss" ... not sure I want her going that route.

Still lamenting Travis, LOL . Liked him for Daphne when I knew Wilke was going away.
Judging from the promos, it does look like she ends up sleeping with Jeff down the road. If she does, oh well, it'll be a lesson for her, just like Emmett is learning a lesson as well.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I guess... just don't see it as a lesson to be learned, that's all. Oh well.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Addicted Fan

i don't think this jeff thing is supposed to be a romance that we are meant to root for. i am personally interested in watching it play out though.

and due to the age difference i can see daphne getting her heart broken because she's more serious about it than he is.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to see this show back

I always liked Toby/Daphne's intereactions from the start of this show when they were introduced and so on, long may it continue

I think getting Daphne out there in the working enviroment is a good direction for her and so on, so its interesting seeing her in the kitchen and so on, and to be honest i am also not feeling this Jeff/Daphne angle, yeah he was being mean but i think there might be something behind why he is the way he is esp when he launched into telling her life is not like that blah blah lol.

Also i think i might like her with her fellow other chef guy played by Manish Dayal (what was his character name?), good to see some friendship forming there, it will be nice to see Daphne having another friend who gets along with and so on. I am hoping i can ship Daphne with a guy coz i havent been able to with any of her previous guys
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Addicted Fan

There is a lesson in this Jeff thing, no doubt. Not to get involved with your boss. Don't mix business with pleasure and Daphne clearly will be doing that. Not to mention, the age difference.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Usually i am all for forbidden relationships lol and opposite attracts, but i am not feeling Jeff/Daphne, maybe i think its coz we another guy in the restaurant who has become friends with her, and so on and is concerned for her, he noticed her right away
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Supreme Fan

I liked that she made a friend in the kitchen. Not romantic yet, but he was a nice guy.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they build on that, the friendship - coz he might be the appropriate right guy then the boss lol
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me. I love daphne. I don't like the looks of next weeks promo.