Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going to be upset if Tank never returns. He grew on me. If he was to return, I don't want Bay to continue to coddle him though. They work well together and you know, I wouldn't be against a return to that romance until Bay and Emmett returned. They do really care about each other in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I'm going to be upset if Tank never returns. He grew on me. If he was to return, I don't want Bay to continue to coddle him though. They work well together and you know, I wouldn't be against a return to that romance until Bay and Emmett returned. They do really care about each other in my opinion.
I just hate how the writers dealt with Tank.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I just hate how the writers dealt with Tank.
Me, too.

Quote:
I don't think the writers will put Bay & Tank in another romance together. Bay may not believe that Tank raped her, but she does seem to feel that he at least unknowingly took advantage of her. In real life, I could see Bay falling into a relationship with Tank after that, but on the show, I doubt the writers would want to go there. The writers seem to feel as though they walk a fine line with this situation. I don't think the writers are brave enough to go into the messiness of Bay choosing a relationship with Tank, after all that happened between them.

Plus, if Bay did start a relationship with Tank, in Emmett's absence, then Emmett would believe that Bay really wanted a relationship with Tank all along. Heck, I think I would believe that, too, if it was to happen.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Me, too.

I don't think the writers will put Bay & Tank in another romance together. Bay may not believe that Tank raped her, but she does seem to feel that he at least unknowingly took advantage of her. In real life, I could see Bay falling into a relationship with Tank after that, but on the show, I doubt the writers would want to go there. The writers seem to feel as though they walk a fine line with this situation. I don't think the writers are brave enough to go into the messiness of Bay choosing a relationship with Tank, after all that happened between them.

Plus, if Bay did start a relationship with Tank, in Emmett's absence, then Emmett would believe that Bay really wanted a relationship with Tank all along. Heck, I think I would believe that, too, if it was to happen.
Well, Emmett has been keen on trying something new with Skye, I support Bay and Tank trying again for a romance with them. Bemmett won't be back for right now, and I really do love Tank, he really cares about Bay, he'd never willingly hurt her and Bay knows that.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, Emmett has been keen on trying something new with Skye, I support Bay and Tank trying again for a romance with them. Bemmett won't be back for right now, and I really do love Tank, he really cares about Bay, he'd never willingly hurt her and Bay knows that.
Absolutely!

Before I wrote my last post, I went back and re-watched the scene where Bay talks to the investigator at UMKC. Bay specifically tells the investigator that Tank would never knowingly hurt her.

I'm like you in that I would rather see Bay with Tank than Travis. At least Tank has no reason to be loyal to Emmett. Travis's betrayal of his best friend is more than I can stomach. It turns me off of Travis's character.

The writers have several women's groups to keep happy, though, women's groups that helped them, when they wrote the story arc surrounding consent. For the show to promote a relationship between Bay & Tank now, after everything that has happened, it would be messy. Real life is messy like that, and these things do happen, but I do not believe the writers are prepared to go there. It would require a lot of depth and care on their part, and I do not believe that the writers have time for that.

Plus, if Bay & Tank FINALLY have that relationship together that Tank has always wanted, and then, Bay goes back to Emmett, Tank is going to feel it is a slap in the face.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Absolutely!

Before I wrote my last post, I went back and re-watched the scene where Bay talks to the investigator at UMKC. Bay specifically tells the investigator that Tank would never knowingly hurt her.

I'm like you in that I would rather see Bay with Tank than Travis. At least Tank has no reason to be loyal to Emmett. Travis's betrayal of his best friend is more than I can stomach. It turns me off of Travis's character.

The writers have several women's groups to keep happy, though, women's groups that helped them, when they wrote the story arc surrounding consent. For the show to promote a relationship between Bay & Tank now, after everything that has happened, it would be messy. Real life is messy like that, and these things do happen, but I do not believe the writers are prepared to go there. It would require a lot of depth and care on their part, and I do not believe that the writers have time for that.

Plus, if Bay & Tank FINALLY have that relationship together that Tank has always wanted, and then, Bay goes back to Emmett, Tank is going to feel it is a slap in the face.
I personally hope they go there. Tank has a gentle side to him and he really wanted Bay to fully give him a chance. I personally think Bay would be at better place to give him a chance but knowing the writers, it wont happen. They never give us what we want most of the time. And by the time they do, we're no longer ready for it.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well if Tank does return let hope the writing becomes a bit better/
Old 12-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

And I'll forever think this as regards to Bay.. It may not her job to save Tank but it IS her job to make this whole violated situation right. Her telling an investigator that was wrong. She knows Tank wouldn't willingly harm her so once again, do the right thing.. Protect the person you care about reputation!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And I'll forever think this as regards to Bay.. It may not her job to save Tank but it IS her job to make this whole violated situation right. Her telling an investigator that was wrong. She knows Tank wouldn't willingly harm her so once again, do the right thing.. Protect the person you care about reputation!
If you go back and watch the scene where Bay talks to the investigator, she tells the woman everything you are wanting her to say now. The problem is that a political machine has lobbied for laws that put males at an unfair disadvantage in our society. The people behind this political machine probably have good intentions. I believe that they want to protect females. But that doesn't help, or even matter, if what they've enacted is unfair to males, and it is.

Here are Bay's exact words to the investigator at UMKC. The part in bold seems exactly like what you are wishing for Bay to say to the investigator, and she has already said it.

I'm like you, though, Sadie. I am thinking that there is still a way Bay could have phrased things to keep the school from expelling Tank. It is more than obvious that Bay does not feel Tank deserved to be expelled. Bay feels she did something just as wrong as Tank.

What could Bay change about her words to protect Tank from suffering an unfair punishment, while still being honest?

I do not agree that it should be the guy's responsibility to refrain. In my opinion, that responsibility should rest equally with both parties.

Yes, if someone is incapacitated, then it falls on the other person to refrain.

But neither Bay nor Tank were incapacitated that night, so to me, it fell on both of them to indicate "no" if either of them decided they were not interested in having sex at some point in the evening. Otherwise, how could either party know?

Both of them were indicating a big "yes" during the intercourse itself.

It's unfair that society says a male has to determine whether or not a female is too drunk to consent, when she is talking, participating, and consenting with her actions.

Here's what Bay said to the investigator:
INVESTIGATOR: What is the truth, in your mind?

BAY: The truth is I made some bad choices. I drank too much. I said some things that I shouldn't have said. I didn't look out for myself.

INVESTIGATOR: You make it sound like you were in that room alone.

BAY: No, um Tank was there too, and, uh he also made some bad choices. Really bad choices. But what I'm saying is there's enough blame to go around. You can't just hang one guy for it.

INVESTIGATOR: We're not looking to hang anyone. That's not what this process is about.

BAY: You're looking to pin responsibility on somebody, but it's messy. Tank is a good guy and he would never do anything to intentionally hurt me. But I do think that in this instance, he, um, I think what he did was wrong.

INVESTIGATOR: What was wrong?

BAY: We drank too much. I was a part of that. But in in looking back, he should have walked away. Us sleeping together should have never happened.

INVESTIGATOR: I want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that you regret having sex with Tank, or that it was not consensual?

BAY: I'm saying something happened and I wasn't okay with it. But we've both already suffered enough. Gossip, the humiliation, coming here. We've been through enough. Please don't put us through any more.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

If we see Tank again, what would people hope for his character?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If we see Tank again, what would people hope for his character?
I am not sure.. you know figure out what he wants with his life. it just seems like he struggled with that trying to please his father.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I am not sure.. you know figure out what he wants with his life. it just seems like he struggled with that trying to please his father.
It would be nice to know he isn't going to kill himself.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

It would be nice to know he isn't going to kill himself.
I hope not
Old 03-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love to be added. I've loved Tank ever since he appeared on the show, and it was a surprise to see Max because he also appeared in Glee. I love his character in this show much more though

I love how sweet he was to Bay, he seemed to genuinely care for her. I really liked when he came to her aid when she fell and got her hand cut at Toby's party

Also just a side-note about Max, did anyone ever see his appearance on Dr. Phil? yes I'm a loser who watches Dr, Phil but it was pretty good. He came on there to promote his role in Glee because the topic was bullying. He played a huge bully in Glee, and Max even told off a guest on the show but I don't remember it word for word. I may try to find it on youtube
Old 03-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I'd love to be added. I've loved Tank ever since he appeared on the show, and it was a surprise to see Max because he also appeared in Glee. I love his character in this show much more though I love how sweet he was to Bay, he seemed to genuinely care for her. I really liked when he came to her aid when she fell and got her hand cut at Toby's party Also just a side-note about Max, did anyone ever see his appearance on Dr. Phil? yes I'm a loser who watches Dr, Phil but it was pretty good. He came on there to promote his role in Glee because the topic was bullying. He played a huge bully in Glee, and Max even told off a guest on the show but I don't remember it word for word. I may try to find it on youtube

Cool may have to see it