Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It's started already. I'm on the east coast. You?
West coast.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
New Fan

I'd glad Toby validated me about Bay's friend Zarra. Didn't wanna be the only one that thought they had a sort of lesbo vibe going. lol
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Cool.

Well, you have an interesting episode to look forward to.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I seriously lost all memory of the episode when Emmett came on in the promo for next week and kissed Bay.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha Kamali (View Post)
I'd glad Toby validated me about Bay's friend Zarra. Didn't wanna be the only one that thought they had a sort of lesbo vibe going. lol
You weren't the only one. Tumblr was full of Angry Medusa shippers last half.

Quote:
I seriously lost all memory of the episode when Emmett came on in the promo for next week and kissed Bay
Aw.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I kind of liked this one, they even redeemed John at the end, who was really annoting throughout. I'm starting to get annoyed at Regina though, not sure why, I think it's STILL her complete ignoring of Bay. It's like she can't understand why the Kennish's want to know things about Daphne, because she clearly doesn't seem to want to know anything going on in Bay's life.

As an EBay fan, that kiss at the end slightly bummed me, but they threw us a lot of bones too, including using the word EBay!! My fave though was when Bay admitted to knowing the timeline was still there, I'm sure she's driven past to look, and not just because "she was in the neighborhood". I also liked that Emmett told Daphne she didn't need to date a deaf guy.

Is that it for Nicky? Was I the only one who kinda liked her? Though I guess anything was a step up from Simone.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I seriously lost all memory of the episode when Emmett came on in the promo for next week and kissed Bay.
Sadie, that was a pretty powerful moment. I love the talk of the timeline, the way Emmett said no one could pull off cupid but Bay, the fact that all the kids at Carlton called Emmett & Bay eBay last year, and the moment when Bay told Emmett she was really glad that he was at her party.

I, too, like Nikki. I think she and Toby are really sweet, but I could understand her being hurt by Toby hiding her gift, and then, her realizing that they differ on something fundamentally important to Nikki.

One other mile marker--Emmett finally saw Angelo, even if they were not officially introduced.

This episode, for me, though, is all about Emmett & Bay. I love them.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Sadie, that was a pretty powerful moment. I love the talk of the timeline, the way Emmett said no one could pull off cupid but Bay, the fact that all the kids at Carlton called Emmett & Bay eBay last year, and the moment when Bay told Emmett she was really glad that he was at her party.

I, too, like Nikki. I think she and Toby are really sweet, but I could understand her being hurt by Toby hiding her gift, and then, her realizing that they differ on something fundamentally important to Nikki.

One other mile marker--Emmett finally saw Angelo, even if they were not officially introduced.

This episode, for me, though, is all about Emmett & Bay. I love them.
BEAUTIFUL! I loved the Ebay vibes.. How Noah was avoiding Bay because of the epic EBAY romance.. You were right Amy, he had to make a serious move and a kiss is that.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

some of the ep was too meta
the Zarra vibes
"Ebay" it infuriates me when people on a tv show abbreviate couples...like do people really talk like that?
epic? People at Carlton even knew who Bay was? Or people at Buckner know who Emmett is?

Not enough Toby-Bay

Last edited by Wingster; 02-11-2013 at 09:12 PM
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah i wish they had left the zara thing out. it was definitely too meta and it briefly took me out of the scene.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
some of the ep was too meta
the Zarra vibes
"Ebay" it infuriates me when people on a tv show abbreviate couples...like do people really talk like that?
epic? People at Carlton even knew who Bay was? Or people at Buckner know who Emmett is?

Not enough Toby-Bay
I teach middle school and kids so talk like that. Anytime a new couple is formed, the kids nickname them right away.

And yeah, I think people at Carlton knew who Bay was. The Deaf community is pretty tight, and she did go to the prom there. Daphne is a chatterbox. The Deaf kids know all about Bay. Even Natalie knew about her street art at the tolerance retreat. Word gets around...kids seem to have a pipeline to EVERYTHING these days. Maybe they always have.

I liked the Zarra mention. It wasn't too meta to me. Well, it did feel a little like an inside joke between all of us and the writers. But I like that. And with Zarra, that's actually something you might think if your little sister moved in and shared a trailer with her.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kathryn/John - I was so not happy with the way they treated Regina. It reminded me like Regina said how they treated her in the beginning of the show when I really wasn't a fan of them. Also John had no right to sell the truck that was a gift to Daphne without asking her or Regina about it. I'm glad they talked about it later. I felt bad for Regina about her lack of signing.

Noah - I understand why he went at with Travis. He's frustrated and scared. No I don't think it was right for him to say those things, but he did it on purpose. He wanted to get into a fight. He admitted to it.

Noah/Bay - I didn't mind their scene. I think they could have been good friends, but nothing more. He's very much a rebound in my opinion.

Travis/Daphne - There isn't anything between them, but friendship. They're scene are awkward which is sad because I liked their friendship.

Emmett/Bay - I did like their scenes. the whole cupid scene was cute.

Emmett/Daphne - I'm glad they had that conversation about Daphne and dating. She needed to hear that because that's exactly what she is doing with Travis.

Niki/Toby - The reason behind their break up was a real one. She was actually very mature about it in my opinion. Different view points and beliefs have gotten relationships in a lot of trouble even if they love each other, so for her to see that is big of her.

Daphne - This was my favorite storyline for tonight. I felt so bad for her. That cop I so annoyed with him. I was glad she talked to Melody about it. Katie did a wonderful job going through the emotional aftermath of the event. The part where she tried to get back doing the food truck broke my heart. She will not be happy about them selling the truck.

Still not that interested in the baby storyline.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, now that I've had a chance to collect my thoughts.. My thoughts on the Valentine's day episode.

All in all, a VERY good episode..

Kathryn/John - Their co parenting routine is getting old. I'm sorry but they agreed to let Daphne and Regina move in to get to know their kid, not parent them. Kathryn and John are going to have to learn to respect that. I know the switched messed everything up but Kathryn and John are not Daphne's parents, Regina is(She's respected that and not interfered with Bay so they should do the same). Daphne is practically 18 years old, it's a bit too late for the parenting route. They should just accept they have a daughter, get to know her and move on..

Regina - I understand her frustration with Kathryn and John. She is Daphne's mother. They both need to learn to respect that. However, She's really become disconnected to her daughter. I really do believe her slip up with alcohol is to blame, can't put all the blame on the signing.

Adrianna - It was nice to know she was worried about Daphne's well being

Toby and Nikki - I love Toby but his relationship with Nikki was like a gust of wind, we find out they're dating in the second episode and then we get them saying I love you in the 6th episode and then a break up all in the same night over religion. Obviously Nikki isn't gone but I'm tired of the revolving door on his romances.

Daphne - She's been through hell and I feel for her. Truth be told, I think she needs to start doing what makes her happy and not because she feels has to prove something to someone. She's obviously not into Travis, so she should be honest and move on from there. Spare his feelings.

Bay - She's also been through a lot and her views on love are telling. She got her heart broken by someone she truly loved. It's not uncommon for her to have lost faith in love.

Bay and Emmett - First off, I loved all of their scenes and he's blue over not having Bay in his life(He did it for his own good) but it won't stop him from hurting. Their love is VERY telling and no matter how much people hate him for cheating, he's human and made a mistake. He never did it out of spite or because he never loved Bay. He does. They have an EPIC romance and it was such a treat to have a shout out to "EBAY" from the writers. They're SO not over.

Bay and Noah - Her chasing him was unattractive to me. He asked around about Emmett and Bay and how he said he didn't want to be a rebound. I knew the kissing was coming and it didn't bother me. They're not going to last. Sadly, Noah is right to back away and he should follow his gut on that.

Travis and Noah - I know Noah was scared and pissed off over what was happening to him, so for that, I do understand and feel for him. However, him mocking Travis's voice and saying it sounded like a seal was uncalled for. He acted like a jerk in that moment and he did deserve that punch.

Travis - He has some serious anger issues and he needs to work through them.

We got our first scene with Travis and Emmett. I really liked their friendship chemistry.

Angelo/Bay- I know he is trying to do better by Bay but I hope he'll get into his head like one day Kathryn and John will on Daphne, he's not Bay's parent.

Angelo/Lana - I have no interest in this story line and honestly, it's soapy drama to me and I can't wait for it to be over. Bay having a sister is appealing but this whole mess, boring

Emmett - I loved all the Emmett we got.. It's always a treat to see him <3

Natalie and Bay - Interesting scenes we got and also that Natalie is into girls. Nice twist on that one!

Emmett and Daphne - It's nice to know their friendship is still there and how Emmett set Daphne straight. She doesn't have to date him if she doesn't want to.

Melody - I know she has the deaf pride but she's also VERY narrow minded. She still owes Regina an apology. It seems to be a recurring theme with her.

They're obviously building on this hearing/deaf fight coming up..It's going to get ugly.. I bet

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 02-12-2013 at 01:34 AM
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally watched last night ...

*sighs* All right, all in all, I liked it. The pacing was a bit slower, not as much heavy drama, which I liked, needed a small break from some of that.

Okay, I need to point out something regarding Melody and her class. I get respecting who you are, and not making apologies for it, but I didn't like the implied message being sent that 'being deaf is better' or that 'non-hearing community is above the hearing community.' It was getting on my nerves, such a biased perspective being passed around that classroom like that. Ugh, don't know where they are going with that mess, and I didn't like the fight at the end between Travis and Noah but I kind of got Noah's point about how the hearing kids become the butt of jokes but if it's done in reverse, it's some horrible bias and uncalled for?! That is a HUGE double-standard and I don't like it.

Daphne: She's about the only one I understood when feeling challenged about being deaf vs. hearing. And she had that bad experience with the cop interrogating her, coupled with the post-traumatic stess from the mugging, I get her experiencing a bit of an identity crisis right now when it comes to being deaf.

John|Kathryn: John annoyed me the most in this parenting duo when he took it upon himself to sell Daphne's truck without consulting Regina first. It was so hypocritical after laying into Regina for not consulting them about Daphne and the mugging incident. Nothing was even talked over with Daphne, or Angelo for that matter, who actually bought the truck!

Regina is the primary parent of Daphne and that needs to be respected, just like vice versa with Bay. Kathryn came around more at the end, which I was happy to see and at least John took action and got the truck back, acknowledging it wasn't a decision he should have made on his own.

Lana|Angelo: Ugh, lol, shoot me. I don't dislike Lana but this baby drama needs to go pronto. I hate the undertones of a potential pairing being laid out here and I hate even more that Lana might be being used as a plot device to give Angelo a new kid to raise from scratch. I know they are butting heads about the adoption, but does it really make sense to tell Lana I'll just take the kid and you can be in the kids life as little or as much as you like?! Um, wasn't that Bay's point about Angelo not being in the kid's life, why would it be okay for Lana to basically up and disappear then?! That's why I think the adoption is for the best.

Bay|Emmett: That had some cute moments - Bay wanting to invite him to her Anti-Valentine's Day party and him showing up near the end to be supportive of her and her idea. Got to love that.

Noah: I feel bad for him regarding the hearing loss - it's going to be a HUGE life-style change once it's permanent.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, I need to point out something regarding Melody and her class. I get respecting who you are, and not making apologies for it, but I didn't like the implied message being sent that 'being deaf is better' or that 'non-hearing community is above the hearing community.' It was getting on my nerves, such a biased perspective being passed around that classroom like that. Ugh, don't know where they are going with that mess, and I didn't like the fight at the end between Travis and Noah but I kind of got Noah's point about how the hearing kids become the butt of jokes but if it's done in reverse, it's some horrible bias and uncalled for?! That is a HUGE double-standard and I don't like it.
Yes, exactly. It was a scene that definitely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Noah was 100% wrong to say Travis sounded like a seal, but it was like when Bay started dating Emmett and Melody was giving her crap for it. They are trying. It's so difficult to learn a new language and I don't know, if I were Noah, I'd probably feel like why even bother?

Like you said, it is great to have a sense of self and community, and though I'm not an expert in the Deaf community, I know community is a huge theme for them, and that's great. But like you I felt a very weird vibe coming from Melody's discussion, and one that I didn't love. It just....yeah.