Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Yes. I like that very much too!
They must talk more about Cora when they know Cora is in Storybrooke too. They must work together against Cora too!
Agreed, forming a united front against Cora will be important, especially for Henry's sake. Otherwise, if Cora senses weakness there, she'll step right in and use it against all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
You all make some great points there!

I loved how early on Emma questioned how Regina got that way. And now Emma knows about Daniel too so Emma really understands better as to why Regina became the way she did so she's most likely going to be more sympathetic toward her and I'm sure like Henry she will have some kind of hope, even if it's dimmer than Henry's, that Regina can change.
Emma is operating with more of the facts, and while Regina has done things that aren't right, I think it's going to give Emma better insight into what makes Regina tick and why she operates the way she does. In this sense, it can help her understand how to approach Regina differently so perhaps Regina isn't feeling so threatened when it comes to 'losing' Henry.

Emma is the Savior for a reason - I think this goes beyond just the official breaking of the Dark Curse. I also believe it implies more, that she is meant to possibly reach other characters who were consumed by the darkness, and help bring them back to the right path, to help them find it within themselves again before they got so lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
That's what I'm hoping for as well. And I tend to think it may be a bit easier now for Regina and Emma to work something out between the two of them. Henry's less extreme in his reactions and wants both of them in his life. As long as both of his mothers respect his wishes it should be okay.

And while I understand that they're in a new and difficult situation, being reunited with their child long after Emma stopped being a child, I hope Snow and Charming respect that this is really something Emma and Regina should decide together as well. I'm sure Emma appreciates their help and input, but at the end of the day she's an adult and she and Regina are Henry's mothers, so...

But I really do believe Cora and trying to find a way to form alliances against her to keep Henry safe will be at the core of Regina and Emma's interaction for the second half of the season and I'm looking forward to that.
Agreed.

Besides, I think Snow's issues with Regina run far deeper then Emma's do, so in that sense, I think it might be easier for Emma to reach out and give Regina a chance. Snow might need more time, considering her entire past in FTL with Regina. It could very well be that because Emma was the intended Savior, fate made it so that Regina would become the adoptive mother of the child she gave away in order for Emma to be able to reach her one day. Emma and Regina now have to interact and form some kind of a mutual alliance, at least when it comes to Henry.

And you're right, I think we'll see more of this happening when it comes to standing up against Cora. I think Regina will have her weak moments when it comes to her mother, but I think ultimately, she'll prevail and stand by Emma when it comes to keeping Henry safe.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-27-2012 at 02:46 PM
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Absolute Fan

sliced
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Absolute Fan

whenever and wherever you want
Old 12-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Absolute Fan

A Land Without Magic was such a good episode for them. Pretty much everything I love about the dynamic between Emma and Regina was right there throughout the entire episode. I really can't wait for them to team up again in the future.

By the way, do you guys think we could change the "Nemeses" part of the title to "It's complicated" (or something along those lines) with the next thread? I thought it would be quite fitting since Lana and Jen both used this phrase to describe the relationship between their characters lately and Regina and Emma really are more than nemeses at this point, I would think.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
By the way, do you guys think we could change the "Nemeses" part of the title to "It's complicated" (or something along those lines) with the next thread? I thought it would be quite fitting since Lana and Jen both used this phrase to describe the relationship between their characters lately and Regina and Emma really are more than nemeses at this point, I would think.
I like it!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Giving this thread a little bump since the promo promised some Regina and Emma material in this week's new episode.

A small reminder of how their last moment of real interaction prior to the break went down:

Source
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.

You know I absolutely love Emma's back and forth when it comes to Regina. And vice versa. Sometimes Emma is being civil and other times they're at each other's throats. Same could be said for Regina, though it's always a lot harder for her.

Before that scene, Emma had much distain for Regina when she was talking to Snow, saying that Regina was to blame for all of the mess. And then she returns, Regina saves them, and Emma gives her the benefit of the doubt and even thanks her.

I don't care what others say about Emma or how she treats Regina, I love that!
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes. It is what I like about the relationship of Emma with Regina too.
I hope they can one day have a good relationship where they can be equal mothers for Henry.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Gif from Welcome Back
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice.

Ron - yeah, I think Regina and Emma's future relationship will be very much a balancing act. I think besides Archie, Emma might be the next one more open to believing that Regina's change of heart is sincere. She had the perfect opportunity to just let Emma and Snow go, to die, and it technically would have passed for a 'just' reason - keeping Cora out of Storybrooke to the benefit of all. But she didn't do that. I think like Lana herself has said ... she played it like Regina was sincere and happy to have her back. There's no agenda there, she knows that if she wants Henry to remain in her life, she's going to have to come to terms with Emma as Henry's other mother.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that Lana said that, about Regina being genuinely happy for Emma's return.

I honestly don't think Regina can ever change completely. I mean she is the evil queen and what's a story without the evil queen? But I do like the fact that she is attempting to try.

Regina could've listened to Gold, she could've listened and let Emma die so that she could be the only mother in her son's life but instead she listened to Henry and her own conscience and saved Emma. Though that was hard for her, at the same time she knew that the only way she could earn her son was not by magic but by faith and by accepting that Henry wants his birth mother in his life.

Emma told Regina back in season 1 that the world where she was no longer in his life was gone and however temporary despite the accident that sent her to FTL, Regina could've left her there but she didn't.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I liked the quote from Lana Parrilla too. About the scene at the well.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SwanQueen tension is back!!! I don't ship them but I've always loved how they go head to head and this was the best scene yet!

Definately tops among my top favorites next to Emma grabbing Regina and tossing her around in the janitor's closet

source
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Even through they had that fight in the episode, I still hope they share joint custody of Henry in the future and Emma realizes that Regina is much as a mother to Henry as she is. Also I hope Emma tells Regina that she is grateful to her for raising Henry.