Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclemes (View Post)
Hook is devoted to Emma and he wants Emma to be his home.
This is what he is to Emma, devoted to her and she needs that in her life, when she thinks all men let her down but Hook hasnt once

And the theme of home was touched upon this episode and yes is his home is Emma, its in the person not place

I think the Jolly Roger is going to come into play here somehow, coz he is gone to find her his ship but somehow that ship is double meaning to Emma etc

As i said Henry laid down Hook's arc, when talking about Walsh, when really it was a clear hint to Hook, he wants to be us, he wants us to be his home etc
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
As i said Henry laid down Hook's arc, when talking about Walsh, when really it was a clear hint to Hook, he wants to be us, he wants us to be his home etc
I think it's interesting that, during that conversation, they reminded the audience yet again of what Neal did to her. That helped reiterate the fact that the only man in Emma's life that has not abandoned her, or let her down, is Hook.

He was tempted once to set sail and leave her behind. For about 30 seconds. But he turned around and came back. Something Neal should have done for her, but didn't.

Hook has never failed her.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm only playing devil's advocate here, cause I'm most definitely a CS shipper and all round Hooker, but he did let her down once, and in a very big way. He left her in Rumples cell and walked away with Cora. Yes, one could argue that he was hurt and it was Emma's actions (leaving him chained with the giant) that made him do this, or possibly his fear of Cora's repercussions or his vengeance was so strong he had to go with his most viable option at the moment- Cora, but at that time, he did chose vengeance over Emma.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy911 (View Post)
I'm only playing devil's advocate here, cause I'm most definitely a CS shipper and all round Hooker, but he did let her down once, and in a very big way. He left her in Rumples cell and walked away with Cora. Yes, one could argue that he was hurt and it was Emma's actions (leaving him chained with the giant) that made him do this, or possibly his fear of Cora's repercussions or his vengeance was so strong he had to go with his most viable option at the moment- Cora, but at that time, he did chose vengeance over Emma.
I think when most people talk about how the men in her life have let her down, they're referring to men that she was in a relationship with - people she counted on that disappointed her.

Hook did leave Emma in the cell, but I don't think she really expected him to let them out. She knew that she was the one that had betrayed their alliance, so I don't think she was surprised by his actions. I think she had to give it a shot (in trying to talk him out of it), but I don't she was really surprised that he didn't turn against someone like Cora in that moment. She wasn't really counting on him then.

I think this is also why it's so important that Hook came back with the bean last season. In the moment when she realized it was gone, she felt very betrayed. The look on her face when he comes back and she sees that ship tells the whole story for me (and the breathless "Hook" ). She can't believe someone has come back and chosen not to leave her at a time when she was counting on them.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

The Rumpel cell scene was something that happened due to Emma's decision to leave him on the beanstalk, but what we got out of it was that Hook wouldnt have abandoned her in the first place up there, it hadnt even crossed his mind until Emma couldnt take the chance

Hook was still revenge focused i mean thats was his whole point to getting to SB, but he wouldnt have LEFT Emma on the beanstalk... that is what needs to be taken out of this scenerio and the fact that Hook did choose Emma to side with until the beanstalk moment hance we got Cora telling him and the audience he chose her and the consequences.... etc (we also saw the attraction and how Hook was enjoying himself around Emma, and taking his time etc... thats why until he met Emma, something sparked in him but we needed to get him to the point of letting go of revenge to fully see Hook and Killian Jones)

Emma understood why he did what he did, that isnt letting Emma down... thats understanding they are on two different sides, they werent in a relationship, they werent friends, they werent anything... so letting down and expectation was not there (also Hook understood that Emma left him on the beanstalk due to her past etc)

Now if Hook had let Emma down in Neverland, then yes that is something we can call out, coz he made the chose to be on their side, and on their team... and work with them, then his letting down would of counted big time but before that NO. Hook didnt let her down, and he did everything right in Neverland for her, for her father and so on (and we know at the end of season 2, he let revenge go coz he got to the point its an end not a beginning etc)

Emma gave him a chance to be part of something, he turned around and came back, that was the whole point, he had to go to come back - he was the first person ever to come back, also even Henry in a way

Last edited by Lennie1984; 03-14-2014 at 07:38 AM
Old 03-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think the Jolly Roger is going to come into play here somehow, coz he is gone to find her his ship but somehow that ship is double meaning to Emma etc
Well if it's not clear enough, heehee:

X
Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Passage to Emma

His ship is enchanted as well, i think Charming has this hope on his face
Old 03-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't get why Red is in this gif?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I don't get why Red is in this gif?
Charming is talking to her in the gif above. Here's a link to the scene - 1x13 Charming looks for Snow & runs into Red - YouTube
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yep Charming is talking to Red about finding Snow....
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Disagree, I think Emma let herself down in that scenario. She made the choice for both of them when she chained him up and walked away. Hook was completely genuine when he told her "actually, no", he wouldn't have abandoned her on the beanstalk. She abandoned him. And due to that, his trust in her (something that was once magical, full of hope) was finished.

She shot herself in the foot, and yet he still gave her another chance.

Quote:
The Rumpel cell scene was something that happened due to Emma's decision to leave him on the beanstalk, but what we got out of it was that Hook wouldnt have abandoned her in the first place up there, it hadnt even crossed his mind until Emma couldnt take the chance

Hook was still revenge focused i mean thats was his whole point to getting to SB, but he wouldnt have LEFT Emma on the beanstalk... that is what needs to be taken out of this scenerio and the fact that Hook did choose Emma to side with until the beanstalk moment hance we got Cora telling him and the audience he chose her and the consequences.... etc (we also saw the attraction and how Hook was enjoying himself around Emma, and taking his time etc... thats why until he met Emma, something sparked in him but we needed to get him to the point of letting go of revenge to fully see Hook and Killian Jones)

Emma understood why he did what he did, that isnt letting Emma down... thats understanding they are on two different sides, they werent in a relationship, they werent friends, they werent anything... so letting down and expectation was not there (also Hook understood that Emma left him on the beanstalk due to her past etc)

Now if Hook had let Emma down in Neverland, then yes that is something we can call out, coz he made the chose to be on their side, and on their team... and work with them, then his letting down would of counted big time but before that NO. Hook didnt let her down, and he did everything right in Neverland for her, for her father and so on (and we know at the end of season 2, he let revenge go coz he got to the point its an end not a beginning etc)

Emma gave him a chance to be part of something, he turned around and came back, that was the whole point, he had to go to come back - he was the first person ever to come back, also even Henry in a way
You said it all better.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 03-14-2014 at 08:58 AM
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks

We have to the see that Emma's present was paralleling to her past, that what Neal did in leaving her, whiche he did (he even hinted before hand he would leave to go coz the FBI are onto him) he left Emma, just like that. Whilst the point was to show Hook wouldnt have done that, and he didnt and wouldnt have at all
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, Lennie, Randysgirl and IceKat, you have explained it perfectly.

By the way, it's a very different situation because they weren't in a relationship back then, they weren't in love, they were enemies trying to work together, so...
Old 03-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

It just cant be counted into saying Hook left her back then, because at that point it didnt matter and Emma is not scarred or hurt by it, she is not in a relationship with him back then. You cant even say Neal left her in prison and Hook left her in a cell be the same thing, there is a big difference
Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Vote Emma and Hook - round 3

Zimbio TV Couples March Madness Challenge 2014 - Zimbio