Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Poor unfortunate souls. In pain, in need.
This one longs to rule the ocean, that one wants the spotted pups. Will they triumph? Wait and see.
Poor unfortunate souls. It's sad but true.
They come flocking to the Author crying "Happy endings please!" and does he help them? Well would you?

I could not help myself.
^^^this is AMAZING well done

also, I will be back tomorrow with a proper, eloquent response once I’ve put my thoughts together from this mid-finale
Old 12-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you all. My head is full of stuff like this.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I hated this episode but (mostly) in a good way.

I hope Gold still has his credit cards, but he was looking a bit shaggy (for him, no tie and I saw one lock of hair out of place) and he was taking public transportation.

What kills me is that the gauntlet led Belle to his power, not her.

Slight complaint about how quickly the Charmings jumped on the Gold-is-bad bandwagon. I mean, that was before they knew something was up. Marian, fresh from almost be executed by Regina, gets a Regina's-changed speech. Anna, after making a vague statement that Gold isn't that nice, gets everyone's agreement. But, if they'd stood around discussing it, Rumple would have succeeded and Hook would have died.

And . . . the sorcerer is the author. Please, turn this person into a snail post haste.

Cruella's look might work in New York but why was she dressed that way in the Enchanted Forest?

I will beg to differ with Belle over the gauntlet's meaning, however. Just because he got it back didn't mean he knew he would get it back when he traded it for her.

And I now have no issues with Rumple setting up Maleficent to be killed.

Interesting that he implied all three are his past students. And what are they doing in our world instead of in Storybrooke?

Side thing: Regina saved Marion twice? Before crossing the town line, I mean? She saved her from Ingrid's curse (the rather pointless curse that did nothing except give Regina and Robin a chance to snuggle in a crypt [on the list of possible date spots, that one is not a highly preferred one]). But, which one am I forgetting?
Old 12-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode was a bit light weight. Actually, I could say the same for most of Season 4A. The Rumpel/Regina conversation was a highlight . . . along with Regina and Robin's good-bye.

Quote:
Marian, fresh from almost be executed by Regina, gets a Regina's-changed speech.

You are aware that Regina had first saved her back in the third episode of this season . . . right? She saved Marian from being stomped on by Elsa's snow monster.

Why on earth is Cruella on this show? Can someone please explain her presence on this show . . . especially in the Enchanted Forest sequence?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)

I hope Gold still has his credit cards, but he was looking a bit shaggy (for him, no tie and I saw one lock of hair out of place) and he was taking public transportation.

Slight complaint about how quickly the Charmings jumped on the Gold-is-bad bandwagon. I mean, that was before they knew something was up. Marian, fresh from almost be executed by Regina, gets a Regina's-changed speech. Anna, after making a vague statement that Gold isn't that nice, gets everyone's agreement. But, if they'd stood around discussing it, Rumple would have succeeded and Hook would have died.

And . . . the sorcerer is the author. Please, turn this person into a snail post haste.

Cruella's look might work in New York but why was she dressed that way in the Enchanted Forest?

I will beg to differ with Belle over the gauntlet's meaning, however. Just because he got it back didn't mean he knew he would get it back when he traded it for her.

Interesting that he implied all three are his past students. And what are they doing in our world instead of in Storybrooke?

Side thing: Regina saved Marion twice? Before crossing the town line, I mean? She saved her from Ingrid's curse (the rather pointless curse that did nothing except give Regina and Robin a chance to snuggle in a crypt [on the list of possible date spots, that one is not a highly preferred one]). But, which one am I forgetting?
Regina saved Marion from the Snow monster in 4.01
Old 12-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Regina saved Marion from the Snow monster in 4.01
Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

This is probably the best episode of the season for me. Of course the brief flashbacks with the QoD were great, though I do not approve of the implication that all 3 were his students once upon a time. It's just to much to have them be related to both he and Regina someway. Ursulas little tentacle was interesting and surprising though it basically confirms this is her true form and she isn't a over the top bigger half Octopus woman.

But I am interested in seeing where they locate Maleficent since she "died" in Storybrooke. Is that suddenly going to be rectoned to Rumple secretly saving her and placing her outside Storybrooke?

I usually despise Belle, but when she confronts Rumple, it's the first time I've genuinely liked her. While the scene was dramatic, I wish they had stepped it up just one more level when Rumple is crossing the town line. Since he is magical it would've been really nice to see the magic kind of being ripped from him and see him reverting back and forth from Rumple to Gold.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)

The dagger is not his true love and I hope Belle realizes that. He told her that the gauntlet leads to their weakness and USUALLY that is the one they love. Belle is Rumple's strength not his weakness. His weakness is his dagger and curse so that is why it led her to it.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

So the Queens of Darkness had a plan back in the enchanted forest 30 years ago. Which obviously didn't succeed. Nice potential for an arc with the story taking place in the fairytale land that was.

Color me intrigued.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

OMG What a mid season finale , it was an rollercoaster

- So the final parting gift from the Snow Queen was to change the magic of the town line..
- FTL Rumbelle, FTL Rumbelle, oh how I missed you so , I do love their banter, can we just have a spin off of them
- So the mansion was the Sorcerer’s house….still wondering if Belle found it be accident or something was at work there
- Marion is ok now…..oh no she isn’t……
- Belle and the puppy, aww and now she’s kidnapped again!!, aww Rumple shouting ‘Belle’
- Rumple waking Belle up
- Finally we get a lovely Henry and Belle scene, took long enough , loved when Henry called her Grandma, and she said ‘Belle is fine’ 
- Great Rumple/Regina scene, finally got one of those too , must admit one of my fave scenes of their’s and waited too long for a scenes with them
- Ahh the 3 witches have made their entrance, was at Rumple when he commented to Cruella about ‘whiffing desperation and gin’
- So long Robin and family, nice knowing ya, even though you were slightly annoying me this season
- Finally the Frozen characters have gone!!, they took way to much screentime which was wrong, went completely overboard on it..
- Belle has the DAGGER!!
- OMG the Rumbelle scene at the town line, oh MYYYY , such an emotional powerhouse of a scene, Robert and Emilie just hit out of the park, they ruled this finale…
- So Henry found a secret library and found out the Sorcerer is the author…now who the dickens is the sorcerer
- The end scene, Rumple a shell of a man and now getting the witches together…..he’s in a black dark power hole and he can’t get out

WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL MARCH
Old 12-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

The sorcerer/author is Walt...lol
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 AM
New Fan

Color me under-whelmed..... Blah.

And really, if the only reason they had Charming and Snow White in the episode was so they could claim everyone was involved, they shouldn't have bothered. What did they have, 2 lines between the two of them?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I, too, was disappointed in the lack of Snow/Charming but I guess their intense, passionate kiss/scene the other week was meant to make up for how little they’d be in this episode

Anyway, the parallel of the two “villain-based” key ships (OQ & Rumbelle) both seemingly ending last night--Rumbelle because of Rumple’s selfishness (i.e. belle realizing his true love is his dagger) VS Regina’s selflessness in letting Robin go--was very well done and heartbreaking IMO and sets up the premise of the season’s second half pretty well.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOXO...ME (View Post)
The sorcerer/author is Walt...lol
Disney?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was completely disappointed with the episode.

There were only two things I really enjoyed.

1.) Seeing Emma happy.

2.) Emma being in on Henry and Regina's Operation Mongoose.

~*~*~

I can't say I enjoyed Elsa leaving because I loved her and Emma. They were awesome friends and I'm gonna miss that.

Belle- finally she wasn't so annoying. About time she saw how bad her beast was. It was getting on my nerves that she was so blind to it.

No surprise that Regina let Robin go. It was obvious that something would happen to tear them apart so I wasn't impressed.

Not enough Charming family stuff.

~*~*~

The QoD story does have me slightly interested even though they've never been my favorite villains.

Part of me is really hoping that Cruela has a connection to Emma. I've formed the theory that she is Emma's childhood acquaintance- the one that lied to Emma and the one Emma left behind after wiping away the star marker tattoo. If that turned out to be the case I would so love it! (She would seem the most obvious because she isn't as "enchanting" as the others).

~*~*~

I miss what the show used to be back in S1 and 2. LOL then why do I keep watching

Oh yeah because I can't let go of Emma and her family.
Emma♥Neal