Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

I love the photos. I must be in the minority but I love Mary Margaret's wardrobe. It is so classic and timeless.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I love the photos. I must be in the minority but I love Mary Margaret's wardrobe. It is so classic and timeless.
True, I did like Season 1 and the last half of Season 2, but her clothes in season 3 were just, I don't know. I get she was pregnant, but they could have done better. Plus she got stuck in the same clothes for 9 episodes twice. Though I know Ginny said they wanted to do an homage to Rosemary's Baby for 3B, but they could have found cuter jackets at least.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

I will say that I do not like that one light pink or tan coat. But I loved the light blue one from season 1 and welcome to storybrooke. And I loved the plaid one from tiny.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I will say that I do not like that one light pink or tan coat. But I loved the light blue one from season 1 and welcome to storybrooke. And I loved the plaid one from tiny.
Yeah my favorite was the plaid one from Tiny which I think she wore a couple times. I really liked the cut of it, because it flared at the bottom giving an illusion of a skirt. She also had a brown jacket which I think she wore in the first few episodes of Season 1. But I absolutely hated the red coat.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Her wardrobe in Storybrooke is a bit hit and miss for me, I have to say She's had some lovely looks and some that didn't work that well. But I hope now that she's had her baby we might get some cute outfits on her again
Old 06-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like in s1 she was a teacher and you have to dress conservatively. Plus I think Regina watched over the dress code. she did have a hint of style in her outfits.
I actually had the same red coat she walked on the beach with Charming
Old 06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

SOURCE

I found this, it seems to be mainly season 1. Though I think the best Snow wardrobe for me was probably episode 1x06 The Shepherd
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

After the powder blue coat, my next favorite is the picnic outfit from 1.11 or the street kissing outfit from 1.10.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

My favorite is the dress she wore was when Charming (Pre Cursed David) went to her classroom and asked to meet her where she saved him. But I did like her outfit from the picnic, I think she looks better in jeans than when they put her in those other pants like in 1x21.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting that collage - some outfits I rather liked, and some I wasn't as enamored with, heh.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

some outfits are amazing. And Ginny is such a beautiful lady you think they'd emphasize that. But some outfits look a bit dowdy.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I completely agree, Ginny is pretty but they really dress her in some frumpy stuff. They look so out of date and just depressing. What is weird is that her cursed MM was suppose to be depressed yet she wore cute clothes, now after the break of the curse her clothes just seem so ill fitting and sad. Maybe it was a choice to go along with the storyline of the dark heart stuff, because after that her clothes have just been, I don't know, depressing

Actually I feel like the Snow/MM in season 3 seemed sad and depressed, like she was holding back a lot. They have made her too passive, like she'll just go along with things to not have arguments or discords. I really wished they would have delved a little more in her psyche especially with the wanting a baby to having one. She was only shown to support Emma (lost girl), Regina (New York Serenade, Save Henry & Bleeding Through) and Charming (Dark Hallow and The Tower). I mean Emma just pushed Snow all season, Regina didn't even apologize for killing her father, separating her from her family for 28 yrs and so on, and I never saw Charming really ask her how she was doing. I mean this poor woman lost her girl twice and then wakes up pregnant, not only that after the breaking of the curse, they don't show her dealing with having to kill Charming. I wasn't surprised that she would latch on to Zelena because no one was there for her dealing with this pregnancy. Snow/MM seems like a shell of her past self, but even when she was in Post FTL she seemed more like herself.

SOURCE
Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

I get what you are saying, but I didn't really see it as that bad. She was so much less depressed in season 3 compared to late season 2. I think most of it had to do with Emma pushing her away. And we didn't see a conversation with Charming asking how she was doing, but he was constantly giving her reassuring touches and shoulder squeezes. I think the writers did neglect meaningful reassurance conversations except for Snow and Regina in 3.18.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Fan

That GIF set makes me realize that the part in her hair looks so much better on the left! Shallow note of the day.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
That GIF set makes me realize that the part in her hair looks so much better on the left! Shallow note of the day.
I've noticed that too, if you notice Ginny herself combs her hair that way in candids or pictures she has her hair combed to the left. But for some odd reason they comb it to the right and yeah

Quote:
I get what you are saying, but I didn't really see it as that bad. She was so much less depressed in season 3 compared to late season 2. I think most of it had to do with Emma pushing her away. And we didn't see a conversation with Charming asking how she was doing, but he was constantly giving her reassuring touches and shoulder squeezes. I think the writers did neglect meaningful reassurance conversations except for Snow and Regina in 3.18.
Thanks, I was afraid I'd be alone in my debate, . I can see that but in season 2 we were told that she was depressed and she acted by trying to commit suicide. Though I wonder if Emma or Henry even now about that. Maybe depress isn't the correct word, but there was this sadness/vulnerability with the way Ginny played Snow/MM, especially in 3B. I love that Charming would protect her, but I would have loved to see someone ask her how she was doing. We never really got her dealing with the pregnancy, other than Zelena telling Charming that Snow had expressed that she wasn't feeling all that great. Charming's reaction tells you that they hadn't talked about it, I could see Snow saying everything is great just to stay cheery and optimistic when inside she is actually scared. Even when Zelena took the baby Emma never went to check on her, they never even showed Emma ask about MM. In an ironic sort of way I saw Regina more concerned about MM. I guess the difference is that we were told what MM was feeling, doing versus to S3 where it is interpretation and how she was shown.

I guess these are things that have bugged me about this season and especially in 3B, I still loved all the Snowing stuff we got and Charming got some great moments, but Snow didn't get/do anything on her own. Red was gone, Emma was either physically or mentally away, Charming was physically/emotionally there but I feel like Snow was turned into the supporter/cheerleader for everyone else.