Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Not that it makes it any better but at least now we can move on from this show .
Old 03-31-2014, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki33 (View Post)
Not that it makes it any better but at least now we can move on from this show .
I don't get it. What got you interested in it in the first place?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll still be sticking around for this show. Ships have always been second place for me. Sadly SwanFire is just another casualty in the many ships I've had over the years.

I'll definately be writing more fanfics though!

Sorry I haven't updated my current story- school is just kicking my ass atm so I haven't had the time
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

so Neal died. I'm sorry, but how does anyone even watch this show anymore? What hideous fan-pandering... Yes let's kill a character that basically has connections to the most important leads on the show...

This show is worse than Glee at this point to me.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Welcome to the thread butterflygirl Anna will add you when she comes on.

Still hoping he's not dead for good.

I'm not watching the show again.

You're right Tammi. It is horrible and fan-pandering. I'd expect this from a show about teenagers or a CW show.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I don't get it. What got you interested in it in the first place?
Loved the first season I really liked Emma and Graham was mad when they killed off Graham but still watched but it wasn't the same I watched for Emma .Then when the second season came around I fell in love with the character of Neal and ST which got me back to really loving the show again now he is dead and they will ruin Emma by putting her with Hook I will not stay around for that nor should other Neal and ST fans .
Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
You're right Tammi. It is horrible and fan-pandering. I'd expect this from a show about teenagers or a CW show.
tbh when I look back, its not like this show was ever super high quality anyway. But still, this is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't watch CW shows, and I'm starting to hate basically all ABC shows as well (other than Nashville, only one with real character development imo).
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
For me SwanFire was always in second when it came to my reasons for watching the show so I'm sticking around.

But seriously- when news of the death came it was so obvious that it would be Neal. Let's face it they couldn't kill anyone else, Neal was expendable as much as that sucks.

At least we'll have fanfiction so he can still live on. It's not the same and it's still gonna suck but nothing we can do.

I'm not a fan of writers who conform to fandom influence either. That's one of the reasons I hated the show Roswell because that's what they did. They had such great story potential but because it's what the fans complained and bitched about they kept to what the fans wanted and not the story they wanted to tell. It seems that is what these writers have started to do little by little.

I'll still watch but my respect from a writer stand point has just dropped a few points.
I watch because I love the story and the cast, especially Rumple and Belle. Fairy tales have always been old friends of mine and that is why I will continue to watch even after the devastating deaths of Neal and Graham! If they screw up Rumbelle though, I may change my mind because if I am not enjoying a show, I drop it.

I loved Roswell and watched to the end, but I don't see where fan pandering came in? I thought that Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Isabel, Alex, Tess, and Kyle had great chemistry as individual couples and as a group. I blame the network for interfering and ordering the show to be more sci-fi! The first season was perfect despite the stupid destiny storyline that paired the aliens with each other when they didn't work out the first time, and none of them had chemistry beyond friendship with each other! They had more chemistry with their human counterparts! The second season was such a bomb that they tried to go back to what made this a great show and book series, but without Emilie and Colin it fell flat! I enjoy Roswell fanfiction better and I will hopefully continue to read some great Swan Thief and Rumbelle fandom and fast forward through Captain Swan scenes on the show!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
so Neal died. I'm sorry, but how does anyone even watch this show anymore? What hideous fan-pandering... Yes let's kill a character that basically has connections to the most important leads on the show...

This show is worse than Glee at this point to me.
You see this is the part that irritates me to the most. Neal was the reason for the curse to begin with. And nothing is more poetic than the Emma/Neal story: He was the reason the curse was created and she was the reason to break the curse.

I mean heck their swan pendant surived the journey to the EF and back to SB when realistically it shouldn't have. It's the key component to that love.

Screw the fans (sorry) but you just don't get rid of that kind of love story. The second writers start to fan-pander is when I lose an amount of respect and sad to say that that has happened here. I'd expect that with shows like Roswell and The Secret Life of the American Teenager but not this so it's very disappointing.

I'm really hoping in the back of my head that Neal is somehow still alive and this is one of those oh-Neal-is-gone/Neal-is-dead-but-he-always-comes-back sort of things but that's just my grief and slight optimism talking.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-31-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The show was good in S1 but since, it's gotten bad.

That's exactly why there doesn't make sense Ron. I really hope you're right about it being a fake-out.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Fan pandering? Really?

If Adam and Eddy really cared about pleasing a vocal majority of fans Emma and Regina would've hooked up by now.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I think the question us Neal and ST fans have to ask ourselves is are we willing to sit through CS or do we really want to watch a show that we would have to fast forward most of a episode or should we just move on for the show the last one is what I picked .
Old 03-31-2014, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm not watching anymore.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be sticking around. I just won't ship anyone. I came into this show because I really liked Emma so she's the only reason I'll stick around.

I just hope that this show doesn't become another Grey's Anatomy for me- I can't stand it but I can't stop watching either

Blue, will you still at least read fanfics?
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Yeah, Ron I'll still read fanfics. As long as others post here, I'll post here too.