Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
See. and I don't buy that the curse changed who they are. It may have taken away some of their better qualities but they still recognized that their behaviour (with the affair) was wrong.

I don't even fault MM/Snow for having that ONS with Whale. She was lonely, she loved a married man, so she wanted comfort - nothing wrong with it, so own up to it. It's the "the curse made me do it" which is bothering me because no, even as "normal people" instead of being their FTL-characters they had free will in what they were doing. If not, how can you explain per example that David actually resisted Regina's attempt to seduce him? If the curse gives Regina the power over them, he would have slept with her that night - he didn't, he did the right thing.
The curse was starting to break little by little and by the end of the season Charming was starting to come through David just like MM started to get Snow's edge back. That is why Regina's tree was dying in episode 21, because Emma staying was affecting the curse and its effect of people. The curse didn't change their sense of right and wrong, it changed their personalities. Charming was the brave, honorable, honest, forthright person. David because that was his curse couldn't be those things, it was fighting to get out. I am sure I could link to interviews from the past season where the creators and Josh explains it better than I am right now at 2 am if what I am saying is not making things as clear as I am trying to explain them now if it helped in any way.

And that the thing MM was a single woman having a one night stand over a heartbreak, this wasn't Snow cheating her husband. Free will implies that you are in control of your own thought process. I think the commun definition is the power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances and in this case it was the curse. To me saying they are responsible is like saying ok you are brainwashed into forgetting your family and magically take away the qualities that define you so if you cheated on your husband or wife that you forgot because of the brainwash it's your own fault. How can it be when you didn't even know who they were let alone who you were? That's not free will to me.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ We wrote about the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
That was the point of the curse, it took away who they were, it didn't change their hearts but changed their personalities and altered their decision making process. So in that sense it does have nothing to do with them as their ftl personality, it wasn't the actions of Charming and Snow, it was those of David and Mary Margaret so if they let themselves get affected by everything they did as other people it's just giving Regina and the curse still power over them. It's not to say they won't be shown to feel guilt or hurt in later episodes but for now there was more pressing matter to them like their daughter. The curse was like brainwashing, something their true selves had no control over and I think it's actually strong of them as a couple to not to let it affect them any more than it already has. That said I would not be surprised at all if in the coming episodes if we see them express guilt especially Charming who was curse into being the anti-Charming and hurting Snow's other persona over and over. But I hope if they do go there that it doesn't go overboard because it wasn't them.
Yeah, I agree with this! They didn't remember who they were. Charming/David were married to Kathryn/Abigail in Storybrooke and he slept with her. Mary Margaret was heartbroken and slept with Whale. They were not them self at the moment. I won't blame either of them, because they were cursed.

And I believe that the longer Emma stayed in Storybrooke the curse got weaker! That was made David stop Regina. And for another example. the scene with MM when she hit Jefferson out of a window, I really think that MM would never have done that in the beginning of season.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
^ We wrote about the same thing

Yeah, I agree with this! They didn't remember who they were. Charming/David were married to Kathryn/Abigail in Storybrooke and he slept with her. Mary Margaret was heartbroken and slept with Whale. They were not them self at the moment. I won't blame either of them, because they were cursed.

And I believe that the longer Emma stayed in Storybrooke the curse got weaker! That was made David stop Regina. And for another example. the scene with MM when she hit Jefferson out of a window, I really think that MM would never have done that in the beginning of season.
that window scene was awesome, her mother instinct coming through while MM having no idea where it came from. I am sure Emma saw in this episode (Broken) exactly where it came from. The way she was with that fire in the jail scene to send the thing temporarily away, the way she was with that broom and her pouring alcool on the fence, it was like she had done that all her life.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I loved to see that

Me and my wild boy
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett
I'm hoping Jimminy/Archie gets into this, if Regina can't find the strength to. I don't think he means too manipulate her; Henry's generally a good kid, but he's a kid whose just been given a great amount of power in his role in breaking the curse. Henry needs to be reminded that he's still a kid and that as a good mother, Regina deserves some respect. The adults of Storybrooke will deal with the Evil Queen, not the ten year olds.
Regina as a good mother is highly questionable. I think she did her best, but that doesn't make her a good mother.

However, moving on, I think Henry losing a lot of power is exactly what's going to happen now the curse is broken. His power was based on his knowledge of the curse and the information from his book. Henry was the only one to truly believe in the curse (Rumple, Regina and August all knew it was true, Henry only had faith), so he was the main motivator in getting it broken. His book had all of the stories up to the moment the curse struck, so he was the one with the knowledge.

Now, of course, the curse is broken and everyone knows who they are again. The book doesn't cover this, and stories in our world don't end as predictably as they do in FTL (true love and happy ever after, etc). Henry is about to go from being the boy who knew everything and how to fix it, to just being a ten year old boy again. He doesn't know how things are going to end, and there is no guarantee that things will end happily. I don't think he's quite realised it yet, but things were actually a lot easier for him during the curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
that window scene was awesome, her mother instinct coming through while MM having no idea where it came from. I am sure Emma saw in this episode (Broken) exactly where it came from. The way she was with that fire in the jail scene to send the thing temporarily, the way she was with that broom and her pouring alcohol on the fence, it was like she had done that all her life.
I loved the thing in the jail. I laughed so hard.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the gif!

Me and my wild boy
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Regina as a good mother is highly questionable. I think she did her best, but that doesn't make her a good mother.
Well, since Henry turned out to be a brave kid, with a very clear sense of right and wrong and IMO, those are things that aren't in your genetics but they are learned, I'd say she was a good mother to him until he grew more and more aware that something isn't right in Storybrook. I think after that their relationship was getting worse and worse and she tried everything to keep him unaware, creating a vicious circle of lies, half-truth and betrayal. But that wasn't because she didn't love him. If anything, I think she loved him too much and couldn't bear to lose him. And she knew she would lose him if she got exposed.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
Well, since Henry turned out to be a brave kid, with a very clear sense of right and wrong and IMO, those are things that aren't in your genetics but they are learned, I'd say she was a good mother to him until he grew more and more aware that something isn't right in Storybrook. I think after that their relationship was getting worse and worse and she tried everything to keep him unaware, creating a vicious circle of lies, half-truth and betrayal. But that wasn't because she didn't love him. If anything, I think she loved him too much and couldn't bear to lose him. And she knew she would lose him if she got exposed.
I'm not saying Regina doesn't love him. I think she really does. But Henry also turned out to be a kid who lies to Regina about where he is, skips school frequently and without compunction, doesn't listen to what Regina or Emma tell him even when it's for his own safety and stole his teachers credit card to use fraudulently online.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other with Henry. I like him very much, but he's a very troubled little boy. And that doesn't come from nowhere.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

And still he is the hero, one of the good guys for doing whatever it takes to bring EVIL down. You can't have it both ways - blaming solely Regina for his troubled ways but cheering on him for what he does because it's the right thing to do. Which brings us back to the good guys who make their own rules.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Also Henry grew up believing Regina didn't love him.

'She doesn't love me, she only pretends do, you don't know what it's like with her, my life sucks'

Those feelings had to come from somewhere, I do believe Regina loves him, but I think a part of her is afraid of getting too close, to show him how much she loves him.

She killed her father in cold blood for her own ends and in sake of revenge, the man she loved was killed in front of her. I'm guessing she is afraid to love wholeheartedly.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
'She doesn't love me, she only pretends do, you don't know what it's like with her, my life sucks'.

Those feelings had to come from somewhere, I do believe Regina loves him, but I think a part of her is afraid of getting too close, to show him how much she loves him.
My problem with this is that I didn't get to see how she just pretends to love him. What I got to see was a mother who gets rejected by her son every time she tries to get close to him and who doesn't know anymore how to approach him. What I got to see is a woman who would do anything (and yes, that includes bad things) to keep him with her.

As long as the show doesn't show me how Henry and Regina lived before their problems started I won't believe that she was a bad mother to him.

IMO, kids think and say "My life sucks. My parents don't love me." pretty often when there are thing they don't like, may it be cleaning your room or doing your homework regulary. Do I believe that Regina is a strikt mother? Yes, I do because for her much of her life is about control. But Henry? He gets away with things with her I would never have gotten away with as a kid. My mother would have grounded me forever.

Add to all of this his (correct) believe that she is the EVIL QUEEN and the black/white opinion that EVIl is not capable of love and you have a situation where Regina can do what she wants, her son won't believe her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
She killed her father in cold blood for her own ends and in sake of revenge, the man she loved was killed in front of her. I'm guessing she is afraid to love wholeheartedly.
She killed her father yes, but "cold blooded" wouldn't be the words I choose for this scene. Graham was a cold blooded murder but her father was a sacrifice she believed she had do make and IMO she paid dearly for it. We all know that Henry didn't got named after her father per accident. Part of her wants to reverse what she did by making Henry the center of her world but I also think that he serves as a constant reminder of one of her darkest hours and I can't imagine what having this memory (along with the memory of Daniel's death) on your mind for 28 years does to a person.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

What did it mean when Emma touched Regina and the magic hat started to work? Does that mean that Emma is magical?

Icon: lolo13
Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BeckS~ (View Post)
What did it mean when Emma touched Regina and the magic hat started to work? Does that mean that Emma is magical?
That's our best guess. She is True Love Personified, or something like that
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
That's our best guess. She is True Love Personified, or something like that
WOW! That's going to make for some epic storylines!!

Icon: lolo13
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ack I was hoping to have done this on the week of day after, but I'm never good with these kind of things. So I'm going to make it really simple.

Things I loved about the episode: Clan Charming. Everything with them I loved. The reunion was perfect. It made me cry. The team work was great. When Charming learned his girls where gone that broke my heart too. They all did a wonderful job conveying the emotions of these situation. You could really believe that Charming and Snow where Emma's Father/Mother and Emma was their daughter. "Grandpa" so cute. Also loved the reunion with the dwarves, Granny, and Red.

Things I didn't care for: I wasn't a fan of much of the FTL scenes with Mulan, Phillip, and Aurora. I will keep an open mind about them, but they didn't leave a good impression. Didn't care for the Rumple/Belle scenes either.