View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:34 AM
nike75
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
'She doesn't love me, she only pretends do, you don't know what it's like with her, my life sucks'.

Those feelings had to come from somewhere, I do believe Regina loves him, but I think a part of her is afraid of getting too close, to show him how much she loves him.
My problem with this is that I didn't get to see how she just pretends to love him. What I got to see was a mother who gets rejected by her son every time she tries to get close to him and who doesn't know anymore how to approach him. What I got to see is a woman who would do anything (and yes, that includes bad things) to keep him with her.

As long as the show doesn't show me how Henry and Regina lived before their problems started I won't believe that she was a bad mother to him.

IMO, kids think and say "My life sucks. My parents don't love me." pretty often when there are thing they don't like, may it be cleaning your room or doing your homework regulary. Do I believe that Regina is a strikt mother? Yes, I do because for her much of her life is about control. But Henry? He gets away with things with her I would never have gotten away with as a kid. My mother would have grounded me forever.

Add to all of this his (correct) believe that she is the EVIL QUEEN and the black/white opinion that EVIl is not capable of love and you have a situation where Regina can do what she wants, her son won't believe her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
She killed her father in cold blood for her own ends and in sake of revenge, the man she loved was killed in front of her. I'm guessing she is afraid to love wholeheartedly.
She killed her father yes, but "cold blooded" wouldn't be the words I choose for this scene. Graham was a cold blooded murder but her father was a sacrifice she believed she had do make and IMO she paid dearly for it. We all know that Henry didn't got named after her father per accident. Part of her wants to reverse what she did by making Henry the center of her world but I also think that he serves as a constant reminder of one of her darkest hours and I can't imagine what having this memory (along with the memory of Daniel's death) on your mind for 28 years does to a person.