Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
If Emma and Regina were lesbians and chose each other romantically, I'd agree, but Emma gave Henry up for a closed adoption. Regina never agreed to let Emma into her child's life. Emma didn't care and Regina just rolled over because she's 'good'. Giving up your human rights to raise your own child is sick, not 'good'.
Are you serious with this? There are millions upon thousands of legitimate reasons why someone as young and unsupported as Emma was when she gave up Henry would relinquish their rights to their child. There's nothing wrong or "sick" about placing a baby for adoption if it's the right thing to do.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 09-04-2015, 03:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Whatever the case here is aeverett, this is not a character bashing thread, it's a thread to show support over the relationship between Henry and Regina as mother and son and as comrades. I may have some strong opinions regarding Emma's tactics as a mother, however I really do not appreciate it turning this place into one in which Robin, Emma and Zelena are critisized this way. This is not the right thread for this kind of talk....

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 09-04-2015, 04:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
Are you serious with this? There are millions upon thousands of legitimate reasons why someone as young and unsupported as Emma was when she gave up Henry would relinquish their rights to their child. There's nothing wrong or "sick" about placing a baby for adoption if it's the right thing to do.
No, not Emma's rights. Emma chose the open adoption. I'm talking about Regina being denied her right to parent the child she legally adopted in a closed adoption chosen by the birth mother. Regina had the right to raise Henry the way she saw fit. If Emma believed Henry was in danger, than she could have reported the situation to social services. By taking Henry around Storybrooke against Regina's wishes and conspiring with Storybrooke citizens to hide their activities together, she was violating her part of the adoption agreement and denying Regina's right to parent. Regina accepting this violation is what is sick. Yes, she loves Henry and wants him to be happy, but there is a difference between doing evil and standing up for your self. Considering the life she'd lived and the parents she had, it's understandable that she wouldn't get that, but it is still sick.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Whatever the case here is aeverett, this is not a character bashing thread, it's a thread to show support over the relationship between Henry and Regina as mother and son and as comrades. I may have some strong opinions regarding Emma's tactics as a mother, however I really do not appreciate it turning this place into one in which Robin, Emma and Zelena are critisized this way. This is not the right thread for this kind of talk....
I'm not bashing the characters. I'm bashing the writers and producers who have damaged Regina's storyline, including future potential storylines with Henry.

And it is relevant. These characters are all involved in Regina and Henry's relationship in one way or another. What they do to Regina impacts how she and Henry interact. When bad writing harms one character, it harms all those in his/her orbit. We saw Regina pull away from Henry after 'Marian' came back. Emma's treatment of Regina as a mother greatly impacts Henry and Regina's relationship. It's all connected. I would not have brought it up if it were not relevant to how Henry and Regina relate to each other and their potential for the future.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
I'm not bashing the characters. I'm bashing the writers and producers who have damaged Regina's storyline, including future potential storylines with Henry.
has very strict rules against bashing of real life people on all boards, and the Once board has an anti-bashing policy for all character threads. While it is fine to express unhappiness over characterizations of fan favorites, discussions need to be civil and respectful in tone.

This thread is primarily for the appreciation of Regina & Henry's relationship, not solely critical of other characters. The calling of Robin "a wuss", negative attacks targeting other characters, and harsh anti-adoption sentiments are over the line.

Feel free to contact either of the Moderators if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

CityGal (miss you girl!)

Now, a little bit of self promotion but I thought I should put this out here as well, since it's heavily Regina/Henry related. My Operation Mongoose fanvideo has been nominated in the Once Upon A Fan annual awards for best fanvideo. If you'd like to help you can vote for it here. It'd really mean A LOT!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 09-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

What CityGal said. While bringing up issues is fine, it shouldn't cross the line into anti-character posts and bashing. This board is simply not the place for that.

Also, please remember that double posting is also not allowed. If you have something to add, please edit your post or wait for someone else to post before making a new one.

Thanks!

x
Old 09-11-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 09-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Pretty gifset
Old 09-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Now, a little bit of self promotion but I thought I should put this out here as well, since it's heavily Regina/Henry related. My Operation Mongoose fanvideo has been nominated in the Once Upon A Fan annual awards for best fanvideo. If you'd like to help you can vote for it here. It'd really mean A LOT!
You definitely got my vote. It's a fabulous vid and very much deserves to win. *fingerscrossed*
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 09-14-2015, 02:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you Rina!!! We got into the semi-final round, so I hope we make it to the final one. They'll let us know this Friday, so you can keep voting till then! hehe!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 09-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Hug-a-thon
Old 09-15-2015, 05:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
CityGal (miss you girl!)

I will vote for you too!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
CityGal (miss you girl!)

That's great news! Hope it gets to the finals!

RoseBennett