Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

What episode are you on?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately there weren't too many ST scenes.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Hopefully the 2nd half of the season has more of them.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

I hope so too! They have so much potential, it would be a shame to waste it.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Agree
Old 12-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I really hope the promo is misleading. Emma has hardly looked at Neal since they were reunited. If would be depressing if she continues to ignore him in the next episode.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

We need at least one good scene with them.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Yes
Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

I hope we won't have to wait until the hiatus is over to get a good scene with them.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I hope not either
Old 12-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
I'm looking forward to read your thoughts on their scenes.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
What episode are you on?
I just finished "Dark Hollow." I have three more to go before I'm caught up!

My thoughts on DH (apologies if all of this has already been said)

* I was happily surprised that at the start of the episode Emma was ready to leave with Neal for "shadow duty" before Hook (apparently scared to leave them alone together?) jumped in as third wheel.

* If, at the time the episode aired, there was a debate about Hook's motivation in telling Neal that he and Emma kissed, put me in the "Hook did to to cause trouble" camp. Nothing will make me believe that he genuinely cared about Neal's feelings in that scene, or that he ever thought Neal already knew (as he told Emma). And "dalliance"? Please. It was one kiss.

* I also didn't appreciate Hook outright telling Emma that she has to make a choice while she's in the middle of trying to rescue her son, and then later in the episode making her even more uncomfortable when he told her that he and Neal weren't fighting over the lighter (as if Emma wasn't smart enough to have figured that out on her own without Hook spelling it out for her like she's two). He's so damn pushy/insecure.

* The things that Snow and Charming were saying to each other during their argument felt an awful lot like things Emma and Neal could have said to each other after Neal left Emma. It's not a perfect parallel, but the core of the argument -- trusting in love and believing in each other (Emma/Snow) versus leaving the other "for her own good" so she can go on to have a different/better life (Neal/Charming) -- is the same in both cases.

* Another thing I noticed: after the lighter incident, Neal was the first/only one to actually apologize.

* When Emma said "if I have to choose someone," her eyes lingered on Neal. Not a big deal, but noticeable.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the other three episodes tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree.

Always good to have Snowing/ST parallels.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

There can never be enough ST/Snowing parallels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)

* If, at the time the episode aired, there was a debate about Hook's motivation in telling Neal that he and Emma kissed, put me in the "Hook did to to cause trouble" camp. Nothing will make me believe that he genuinely cared about Neal's feelings in that scene, or that he ever thought Neal already knew (as he told Emma). And "dalliance"? Please. It was one kiss.
I completely agree. He had no reason to talk about the kiss, but if he absolutely wanted to do it, he should have talked with Emma first and asked her permission. It should have been her decision, not Hooks.

Quote:
* I also didn't appreciate Hook outright telling Emma that she has to make a choice while she's in the middle of trying to rescue her son, and then later in the episode making her even more uncomfortable when he told her that he and Neal weren't fighting over the lighter (as if Emma wasn't smart enough to have figured that out on her own without Hook spelling it out for her like she's two). He's so damn pushy/insecure..
I hate triangles no matter what, but the timing in this specific case couldn't have been worse. I just don't get what the writers were thinking. Emma was desperately trying to find and rescue her son. Nothing else should have mattered.

Quote:
* The things that Snow and Charming were saying to each other during their argument felt an awful lot like things Emma and Neal could have said to each other after Neal left Emma. It's not a perfect parallel, but the core of the argument -- trusting in love and believing in each other (Emma/Snow) versus leaving the other "for her own good" so she can go on to have a different/better life (Neal/Charming) -- is the same in both cases.
I never thought about that, but you're right. Charming wanted the best for Snow, just like Neal wanted the best for Emma. The difference is that Snow had the chance to make her own decision about what she wanted her future to be like. Sadly Emma never had that chance. August made this decision for her.

Quote:
* Another thing I noticed: after the lighter incident, Neal was the first/only one to actually apologize.
Neals behavious since he joined Emma in Neverland couldn't have been better. It's obvious that he's putting her feeling above his own and it makes me a little sad that Emma doesn't seem to notice that at all.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Absolutely agree