Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I think they are the same age as Emma and they are probably a couple years between they met and Emma's birth. One of the cut lines from broken actually had Emma stating that her parents were the same age as her.
Oh right, I must have missed that. Some years have definitely passed in-between everything then. Thanks!

Going along with KOUAT since I find the scene cuter when they actually are kissing, the bit before less so.

#20- 2
Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

#20 - 2
#10 - 1

Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Oh right, I must have missed that.

well of course since it was cut

#10 - 1
#20 - 3
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOK (View Post)
I try not to think about that. Just when I think I've figured the family tree, some new information is thrown and I'm once again wondering.
I don't think the family tree can take any more revelations, heh! It does mean all the core characters now have some sort of family relationship with each other - Regina, Snow, Charming, Emma, Henry, Rumpel (+Neal). As Charming pointed out, that would be some dinner will those gathered.

Quote:
I like the conflict between staying or leaving, although I am not a fan of the way the writers are making David sound when it comes to his family.
Oh, that line in 2x13 about Emma being fine? See, I didn't read that as being about leaving. He's picking up on Snow being worried about Emma being away with Gold, so their conversation subtly changes topic and he's more trying to reassure her wherever Emma and Henry are right then, they're safe.

But I would like to see him give some thought about whether or not Emma would like to go to FTL and maybe even approach her about it. Really need some bonding scenes with those two.

Either way, I don't think David would leave his family. He worked so hard to get them back, that shows his devotion to them right there.

Quote:
I would die if they have another baby, honestly. I think it can bring great drama, whenever it happens, especially with Emma. It better happen before the show ends
In some earlier threads, we were discussing the possibility of another baby. I think one possibility we discussed was that if Ginny becomes pregnant during the show's run (not impossible given she's said she wants kid and she is in a serious relationship) the show might write it in and then we might even get flashbacks to Snow pregnant with Emma in FTL. But only time will tell. I would certainly like to see it on the show at some point, as I mentioned. Both for the drama and because Snow and Charming lost 28 years and the chance to raise their child.

#10 - 1
#20 - 3
#23 - 1

Last edited by Miss Cam; 02-26-2013 at 05:27 PM
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

I am always in shock on how many people misunderstand that line, he was talking about the Gold trip not leaving Emma behind and not caring. From the very beginning they showed Charming as willing to die for Emma. Family has always been Charming's top priority and why his mother gave up her life so her son could have his dream of having one.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Just having Regina and Rumpel in the same family is horrible enough, add Cora and you have a disaster waiting to happen So much fun! (although I didn't love the idea of Neal being Henry's father but that is for another time)

I'm sure Emma would go for Henry, and that kid wants to go so badly

When I saw the scene, I was a little confused, but like you said, I don't think he would live. Everyone went crazy over it, I just think it was bad writing, or editing. I mean, that's the man who almost died saving his daughter, am I supposed to believe he would just leave her behind?

Quote:
In some earlier threads, we were discussing the possibility of another baby. I think one possibility we discussed was that if Ginny becomes pregnant during the show's run (not impossible given she's said she wants kid and she is in a serious relationship) the show might write it in and then we might even get flashbacks to Snow pregnant with Emma in FTL. But only time will tell.
I haven't thought about it that way and I almost asked you who she is dating God, I'm so dense sometimes I think it could happen, especially if it does in real life (although not always). I just want it to be well written, and not having them rush into it.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#10 - 1
#20 - 4
#23 - 1
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

When I saw the scene, I was a little confused, but like you said, I don't think he would live. Everyone went crazy over it, I just think it was bad writing, or editing. I mean, that's the man who almost died saving his daughter, am I supposed to believe he would just leave her behind?
Who is everyone? Other boards? I don't think it was bad writing, Charming was trying to reassure Snow about Emma cause she was worried about her and he was right Emma can take care of herself, she is very much like her daddy . I love that while Charming has spent little time with her, he knows and trust how she strong she is. I think he is a proud dad. Man I wish she would call him that just once
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Quote:
Who is everyone? Other boards?
yes, it was awful

Quote:
I don't think it was bad writing, Charming was trying to reassure Snow about Emma cause she was worried about her and he was right
I get that, I do. He was trying to get his wife not to worry too much but they went from discussing leaving SB and Snow saying she wouldn't leave Emma to him saying she can take care of herself. I know there were two different conversations, but a lot of people didn't get it that way. That is why I say it could've been bad writing, them wanting to move to Emma and Gold in the plane, and needing a transition scene, but not clearing out David was not referring to leaving his daughter behind and going back to FTL That is how I saw a lot of people take it, and by a lot I mean A LOT

Quote:
Man I wish she would call him that just once
I wish they could have at least one scene together. We are reaching the end of the season and there has been no one-on-one time between them

Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just having Regina and Rumpel in the same family is horrible enough, add Cora and you have a disaster waiting to happen So much fun! (although I didn't love the idea of Neal being Henry's father but that is for another time)
I've decided to see how it plays out before I decide if I like it or not. If it adds some interesting tension and is used to flesh the characters out, then I will be in favour. Snow and Charming's reaction to it was pretty funny, so +1 on that.

Quote:
I'm sure Emma would go for Henry, and that kid wants to go so badly
Oh yeah, there's Henry to consider as well - I think you're right, he's so keen on wanting to be a hero and do all that he might want to go. But he is very young and has a very romantic view of it so Emma might take that into account.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the show may force the choice of staying vs leaving on them.

Quote:
I mean, that's the man who almost died saving his daughter, am I supposed to believe he would just leave her behind?
Like jb said, I think a lot of people just kissed that the conversation changed topic - maybe the writing could have made it clearer. As you said, this is a guy who would die for his daughter and loves his family (he wouldn't want to leave Henry either) so even if he wants to go back to FTL he's not going without them. But that doesn't mean he won't continue to try to convince Snow&Emma it's the right thing, because I think he really believes it is.

Quote:
I haven't thought about it that way and I almost asked you who she is dating God, I'm so dense sometimes I think it could happen, especially if it does in real life (although not always). I just want it to be well written, and not having them rush into it.
I totally had a moment when I first got into this show this fall of 'wait wait, Josh and Ginny dating for real? Snow and Charming actually together?'

But yeah, if it does happen (which is an if) I hope it's well-written and gives us a lot of emotional drama and great acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Emma can take care of herself, she is very much like her daddy . I love that while Charming has spent little time with her, he knows and trust how she strong she is. I think he is a proud dad. Man I wish she would call him that just once
Word. I want Emma-Charming bonding something fierce. They need to have an adventure together or something so they can actually get some time together just them. But I do love that Charming has so much trust in her and is taking a more careful approach with her, given she only knew him as David Nolan.

ETA: Hey Tara! Sorry I missed you in my wall of a post here.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Quote:
Snow and Charming's reaction to it was pretty funny, so +1 on that.
I love their reaction! David looked mortified

Quote:
But he is very young and has a very romantic view of it so Emma might take that into account.
But he can be very persistent (nagging is the right word)

I am sure David is not going to drop the subject so easily - or at least I hope he doesn't. The poor man is probably just bored out of his mind in SB

Quote:
But yeah, if it does happen (which is an if) I hope it's well-written and gives us a lot of emotional drama and great acting.
This!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I still can't wait to see how their relationship with Rumpel changes after this revelation about Henry being related to both of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
yes, it was awful

I get that, I do. He was trying to get his wife not to worry too much but they went from discussing leaving SB and Snow saying she wouldn't leave Emma to him saying she can take care of herself. I know there were two different conversations, but a lot of people didn't get it that way. That is why I say it could've been bad writing, them wanting to move to Emma and Gold in the plane, and needing a transition scene, but not clearing out David was not referring to leaving his daughter behind and going back to FTL That is how I saw a lot of people take it, and by a lot I mean A LOT

I wish they could have at least one scene together. We are reaching the end of the season and there has been no one-on-one time between them
I am shocked to be honest. I think here on FF only one or two posters took it that way from what I saw on the episode thread. To me the lines were pretty clear ''you are worried about her?'' ''Aren't you?'' ''Of course but Emma, Emma can take care of herself and I'm sure wherever she and Henry are they are safe''. How can it not be about the trip? No offense to those who didn't get that but sometimes I think people worry to much.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Quote:
I still can't wait to see how their relationship with Rumpel changes after this revelation about Henry being related to both of them.
Snow and Rumple have always had a very interesting relationship, and with Gold asking dating advise to David, I can only imagine it is going to be hilarious

Quote:
No offense to those who didn't get that but sometimes I think people worry to much.
I think people just like conflict, and if they are not a fan of the character for whatever reason, they try to find flaws everywhere they turn