Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I was a little confused but it's on youtube right now.
I guess if you watched it enough times you could figure it out.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
yeah, that would make sense - I'm just confused as to how they would be meshing this with Cinderella's tale. I could have sworn they showed Cinderella in her ball gown but who knows.
Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how they mesh the two tales together, if that's what they're doing. But I thought I saw Cinderella in her ball gown, too. I'd have to look at the promo again.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiAjeM3 (View Post)
Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how they mesh the two tales together, if that's what they're doing. But I thought I saw Cinderella in her ball gown, too. I'd have to look at the promo again.
Yeah, I remember the ball gown too. I hope they don't alter the tale of Cinderalla too much with Rumplestiltskin's involvement. Maybe this is how he ends up imprisoned somehow in the past?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ Good question. I'm wondering if his imprisonment might possibly have anything to do with Cinderella's story right now but maybe it's something else we'll find out later on.

Yeah, lol, Eliza - I'm kind concerned about that too. I'm a little startled to be quite frank, what would be worth her own child?!!! That's rather horrible unless she was entrapped in something and thought she could find a way around it because she was desperate. But not desperate to get to the ball or to get a prince.
I absolutely want to see how Rumple was imprisoned too I'm sure we'll have a flashback about that at some moment

Yeah, Heather, isn't it? I mean, at least in the real story she had no choice, she was either dead or either she made the gold In the promo it looks to me like she's just fed up with her life and wants to go to the ball so she doesn't mind giving her futur unborn baby to Rumple
I'm not really liking this, more for Cinderella than for Rumple because I still don't understand why she would make such a stupid deal The Cinderella I know isn't like that

And OMG, you're all right about the pregnancy I think she's also pregnant in the Fairytale land because her Prince tells her something about the baby and Rumple I think
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiAjeM3 (View Post)
And I wonder if Rumple knows everything that went on in the fairytale world and everything that goes on in the real world. It seems like he's playing everyone to his advantage.
I think we'll come to realize that Rumpelstiltskin is the mastermind behind it all. He's the one who told Snow and James that the curse could only be broken by their daughter, Emma. He probably found and brought Henry to Storybrooke as a way to get Emma there. The curse was created by him, and he's that clever that he would certainly rule within it.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Sylph's Kin (View Post)
I think we'll come to realize that Rumpelstiltskin is the mastermind behind it all. He's the one who told Snow and James that the curse could only be broken by their daughter, Emma. He probably found and brought Henry to Storybrooke as a way to get Emma there. The curse was created by him, and he's that clever that he would certainly rule within it.
That makes sense. I think he created this whole curse and is the puppet master behind it all. He's enjoying seeing them like this and he must be having so much fun now that Emma's back.

And, I, too, hope that they don't alter the Cinderella story too much. The original was such a classic.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Most of us know the story, but as a refresher, in the original story recounted by the Brothers Grimm, Rumpelstiltskin, who is described as a strange impish creature, actually comes to the rescue of a miller's daughter who was locked up in a tower by the king and threatened with execution unless she wove straw into gold by morning for three nights in a row. She was put into this situation inadvertently by her father, who was trying to make himself appear more important to the king by bragging/lying that his daughter could spin straw into gold. Rumpelstiltskin does the spinning in exchange for her necklace the first night and her ring the second night. By the third night she has nothing left to exchange, so he extracts a promise of her first born child. She agrees and the king marries her and soon they have a child, which Rumpelstiltskin comes to collect. After some begging he takes pity on her and gives her three days to discover his name, in which case she will be released from the deal. Her messenger discovers Rumpelstiltskin dancing about his campfire and reveals his name in a song he is singing. When the queen tells it to him, he runs away angrily never to return. There are later harsher endings where he stomps his foot so hard in anger that he creates a chasm that he falls into, never to be seen again.

How this clever imp wound up in prison is intriguing, but more so, with all his power and potency, why he can't (or does he choose not to) escape.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, MiAjeM3, I agree, he set the whole thing up for some fun. After all, he gave the queen a chance to keep her baby with his name game. Maybe this is a game between him and Emma that he set up, and she needs to learn his name/who he is to release her people from the curse.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I also don't mind them adding that dimension to Cinderella's story to give her more of a hand in her own fate rather than just being the victim, like they are doing with Snow. The fact is we do all make mistakes, some as grave as trading in her sad rags for glad rags by promising her unborn child. How many of us give away tomorrow's possibilities for something good today? I believe if they don't give us this kind of depth, contention, and even seriously dark nights of the soul, OUAT won't go far. Rumpl provides those opportunities for personal growth by offering deals which one way or another force character development.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Sylph's Kin (View Post)
Yes, MiAjeM3, I agree, he set the whole thing up for some fun. After all, he gave the queen a chance to keep her baby with his name game. Maybe this is a game between him and Emma that he set up, and she needs to learn his name/who he is to release her people from the curse.
Hey, hun! Your posts are very interesting but you should know that we can't double or triple post over here. Just edit your post if you want to add something

About Cinderella, I personnaly prefer her when she can go through all the sacrifices and miseries her step sisters give her. I prefer when she fights against it by staying positive and I prefer seeing good things coming to her by their own because she deserves it and not because she's fed up with the situation. It makes her a better person in my opinion

I kind of like and don't really like the idea of Rumple being behind everything I think he's intelligent enough to controle the other like puppets but at the same time I don't really like the idea of him just waiting to see how people will react. I think he has his own role in this whole story and is not only the man behind the curtain

I think Emma might be one of the only one to be able to rival him though
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem I'm having here is that the tale of the girl, who becomes a future Queen and had to spin the gold and promised her firstborn, is not Cinderella. Why are they passing that character off as Cinderella?!

I mean, i think Cinderella has her own interesting tale, with the wicked stepmother and stepsisters, without having to give her firstborn to Rumpletstiltskin. Even if they weave him into her story somehow, I find it odd to be that for her story, that's all.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure that they story will be the same for Cinderella with a their own spin on it, but I also thnk they will add more to it with Rumpletstiltskin. I don't think it will take away from her orginal story we know. We'll see. I think it could turn out all great.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
I'm definitely curious to see what part he plays in the whole cinderella thing because the promo left me confused. Was Cinderella pregnant in FTL at some point in the promo? I don't recall. The promo's move to fast for me to catch everything
Yeah. XD That confused me, too... ebcause if she was... did that mean she was pregnant for 28 years? XD
Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I'm sure that they story will be the same for Cinderella with a their own spin on it, but I also thnk they will add more to it with Rumpletstiltskin. I don't think it will take away from her orginal story we know. We'll see. I think it could turn out all great.
If it just adds something interesting and doesn't alter the whole concept of Cinderella's story, I'll probably be okay with it. But first I need to see what this whole baby deal is about because that is just ... weird to me still. Going to a ball or meeting a Prince in exhange for her firstborn wouldn't make her very sympathetic to me that's all. I think that's what I'm worried about.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I make an assessment.