Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Got it

So close...

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

So close to reach the 100th! Just a touch away!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
I agree. The fans were expecting to see a real relationship develop onscreen in S2, one with moments of love, passion, tenderness, anger, sorrow, hope, happiness, disappointment, romance etc., but instead got a series of dramatic events. I believe that these intimate moments resonate with the audience far more than any action scene or stunt or special effect that they can dream up. In a Jane Espenson interview about TMD, she said this: "The hardest scene to write was probably the scene with the most action in it. Action can be really fun to write, but I was having so much fun with the talking scenes, I didn't want to let people stop to fight!" I agree wholeheartedly with her from the perspective of the viewer. The talking scenes are so compelling that I really don't want to be pulled away from them to see action just for action's sake. Unfortuately, that happened a lot this past season...

Looking forward to S3 - I think it will address a lot of these issues.
Yes, so much. Don't get me wrong: the writers, IMO, GET Rumbelle. If they didn't, they could never, ever depict such an extraordinary, epic love. It's a testament to the writing and mostly Bobby and Emilie (actually 99%, lol) that despite the flaws in the actual stories, what they were trying to convey in terms of their love WAS conveyed. I know all acting partners work together to bring their couples to life, but it is very clear that Bobby and Emilie do more than that. They take Rumbelle and their characters very seriously and every moment between these two, even the smallest, has import - even if it's just them holding hands. The script can't possibly ever do justice to what actors can do.......I think also there is no doubt that their real life friendship shines through. I really wish, after the show ends, that they could work together again on another project because they work together as if they've done it for years and their chemistry would be incredible no matter what characters they'd be portraying.

Another yes for IMMORTAL BELOVEDS.

Quote:
Very frustrating! I can't imagine that they'll separate them again after they reunite in S3. I just hope the reunion comes sooner than later. I also hope that once they are back together we get a lot of scenes with them. And... they owe us a lot of kisses (at the least). I really can't wait another whole season to see a kiss
Rumbelle has been separated for about 97% of their relationship - and that's more than enough. I am praying we do NOT have to wait half or more of S3 to see them..Anyway, as much as I adored their two reunions, this next and final one (yes, please, no more) MUST be an extended one. Don't go to Gold's shop, go to his house....THEIR house. They've never been able to just kiss for the hell of it........the only times we've gotten kissing have been in highly emotionally charged circumstances......and they've never really been able to enjoy it because of the surrounding drama. I'm sorry, but a love scene is a must. Denying fans that is almost cruel......and stop trying to make them Snowing, lol. They are NOT Snowing, they are intense and mature and passionate; they are constantly yearning and needing and desiring each other.

This manip is STUNNING! What I wouldn’t give to see this in FTL, sigh.. I don’t see why we can’t flashback to Rumbelle dreaming and fantasizing about each other; that would work………and it’s my head canon anywa

Quote:
He is so ________ confused BOTH TIMES. He hears and recognises the words and yet his brain is just come again…??? Yes, she wants you Rumplestiltskin - it doesn’t matter what people do to interfere (or how much they try to alter/change her and her actions) this is a woman who knows what she wants: YOU.

Another reason why Belle is the ____ best; she can just knock him on his ass without effort. His being reduced to an extremely confused puppy of a man is just perfection and a joy to watch
http://notthehurricanedrunk.tumblr.c...re-and-im-glad

The problem with Lacey is that she, at least initially wanted him for his power and dark side only……and while I do think she grew to care for him, she never lost that love of those things. When she walked away from him at the diner, she said she wasn’t Belle - and he said “no, you’re not”. Now if Lacey truly is Belle down deep, with her darker characteristics brought out, then Gold should have sort of known that…….but maybe he couldn’t accept it because he thinks Belle only loves his nice side, his good side? That’s how badly he’s damaged because Belle fell in love with him in FTL when she’d seen him at his worst; she was able to distinguish between how he acted and what he was. That’s an enormous difference- and at that time, she wasn’t even aware that he was cursed.

Belle brings Gold to his knees emotionally because he just loves her with an pure intensity and devotion such as few men could ever feel or have ever felt. He doesn’t just need her because she brings out the good in him, he needs her in every way - emotionally and physically. When she’s gone, he feels it physically - and frankly, so does she. The beautiful thing is that Belle loves him with the same fervor and devotion and so there is no imbalance of “power” because it wouldn’t ever occur to Belle to think she could use his love, desire and need for her to her advantage.

I think there is something touching about seeing a powerful man (a man period, given that back in FTL and even in modern times, men are not supposed to be overly emotional) feel such love and yearning for a woman.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 05-31-2013 at 11:24 AM
Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Holy crap!

Also, last minute fic rec!

How to Save A Life (AU, TW: Zombies + all that a zombie apocalypse brings.)

Bring on the big 100!

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

we can still keep it Immortal Beloveds and squeeze in the other for just the 100th. I dont know.. Pom, what was the title again?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
think there is something touching about seeing a powerful man (a man period, given that back in FTL and even in modern times, men are not supposed to be overly emotional) feel such love and yearning for a woman
I have always loved that kind of story. The powerful man who is reduced to a puppy dog over the love of a good woman. So romantic.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Originally it's this:

{The Book Worm & The Spinner}- 100 threads of hamburger dates, chipped cups, enchanted roses, phone calls and libraries.

But we wanna keep Immortal Beloveds so it's this:
{Immortal Beloveds} B&R #100: 100 threads of hamburger dates, chipped cups, enchanted roses, phone calls and libraries.

I love that fic! And Jiorjiina, you never fail to make me laugh. EVER!

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Glad I didn't miss the unveiling
Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Im dying inside

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I can't wait to see the OP!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Yes, so much. Don't get me wrong: the writers, IMO, GET Rumbelle. If they didn't, they could never, ever depict such an extraordinary, epic love. It's a testament to the writing and mostly Bobby and Emilie (actually 99%, lol) that despite the flaws in the actual stories, what they were trying to convey in terms of their love WAS conveyed. I know all acting partners work together to bring their couples to life, but it is very clear that Bobby and Emilie do more than that. They take Rumbelle and their characters very seriously and every moment between these two, even the smallest, has import - even if it's just them holding hands. The script can't possibly ever do justice to what actors can do.......I think also there is no doubt that their real life friendship shines through
Oh, I agree. The writers do get Rumbelle, but, like you, I think a huge part of the Rumbelle phenomena is due to Bobby and Emilie's chemistry, personal commitment to these characters and their remarkable acting ability. I do not believe that any other actors would have been able to convey what they have with the limited screen time that they've shared. If I remember correctly, there was a huge fan outcry before SD from many who did not want Rumple to play the part of the beast. Let's face it, without Bobby's Rumple, the B&B story would most likely have been a one shot deal. Nobody expected Rumbelle to take off the way it did. And I credit Bobby and Emilie for making this all happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I think there is something touching about seeing a powerful man (a man period, given that back in FTL and even in modern times, men are not supposed to be overly emotional) feel such love and yearning for a woman.
It is so incredibly moving to me and so sexy.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
Nobody expected Rumbelle to take off the way it did. And I credit Bobby and Emilie for making this all happen.
It was like a shipper rocket blasting into shipper orbit
Old 05-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll have to go with that reference too.. Good news, y'all.

I have control of the laptop. muahaha i finally manage to get a computer

mad skills, yo

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

good stuff
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan