Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Me too and I'm glad that they do the B&TB parallel. I'm never a big fan of Disney growing up because its not so popular in my country. But since I moved here I've become a fan. How can I not? I live in the home of Disneyland.

I just wanna see a snow ball fight when he gives her the library that's one of my personal fav scene

Oh wow, Aurora you're up late.. I never see you online when I'm on in the morning. Go to bed, girl. have a goodnight.

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Back to the age difference... it's not so much the age that makes the difference, but rather the level of maturity. Belle may be younger in age than Rumple, but she is not intimidated or controlled by him. He does not assume the role of svengali to her. In fact, she shows herself to be strong, independent and not afraid to stand up to him, her father or Gaston from the very beginning. She's the one who pursues Rumple while he nervously retreats (Ha!) in Skin Deep. She's the one who returns to his castle after he lets her go. She's the one who initiates true love's kiss. ... and she's the one who continues to fight for him in both FTL and SB in spite of everything she knows about him. She's his equal and counterpart... truly the beauty to his beast.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
Back to the age difference... it's not so much the age that makes the difference, but rather the level of maturity. Belle may be younger in age than Rumple, but she is not intimidated or controlled by him. He does not assume the role of svengali to her. In fact, she shows herself to be strong, independent and not afraid to stand up to him, her father or Gaston from the very beginning. She's the one who pursues Rumple while he nervously retreats (Ha!) in Skin Deep. She's the one who returns to his castle after he lets her go. She's the one who initiates true love's kiss. ... and she's the one who continues to fight for him in both FTL and SB in spite of everything she knows about him. She's his equal and counterpart... truly the beauty to his beast.
this is beautifully said. I love how she's so strong and independent. She stood up to the Dark One and turned him into a puppy in love I love how strong she is. This is why she's his true love, truly his equal. She loves him despite his past and all the wrongs he did. She's truly amazing

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Actually, it looks like Bae might also be close to his father's age, say 314 to Rumple's 345 (those are ballpark guesses).

I always liked the story of Beauty and the Beast even before I saw the movie. I think it was because it was the only fairy tale I heard as a little kid where the heroine played an active part in the plot.

Although, when I told the story of Snow White, I always emphasized the fact that, while the Evil Queen saw making Snow White one of the servants as demeaning and likely to ruin her looks with hard labor, Snow White saw it as an opportunity to learn useful job skills. She puts these to good use when she goes in and convinces the dwarves that 1) they need a housekeeper, and 2) she is the woman for the job.

But, read Robin McKinley's Beauty. It's even better than the Disney movie (although no wolf attack).

Anyhow, there's a long tradition of stories with centuries old types that just have to ignore age differences if there's going to be any dating at all. I vote with those who point out that the interaction between Belle and Rumple is one of equals. If he's tried to use his greater age and experience to his advantage, it hasn't worked.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
Yep, all this. This is why Rumbelle has inspired such passion and devotion.........well that and the intense, incredible sexual chemistry between Bobby and Emilie. How some people think Belle is weak or suffering from Stockholm Syndrome is beyond me given what we've seen on screen, but hey, some people will always see what they want to see

I adore how Rumple looks at her for approval……the Dark One laughs at his own joke, but he cares what Belle thinks. He never cared what anyone else thought of his quips or commentes, but Belle? It’s important to him. He isn’t facing her and he makes the point of gauging her reaction because he hopes she’ll find him funny…..and she does. I think he felt ok with this based on her reaction to his “skin the children” joke from their first day. Sure she was nervous and scared, but she was not repulsed, and when he said it was just a quip, she didn’t react like “how can you make a joke about that?”.

They haven’t been on screen enough for us to see any kind of every day relationship between Rumbelle and that’s a shame; it’s in everyday situations where most humor crops up. I hope very much to see little jokes between these two; as with their physical desire to be with each other and their passion, the humor is a big part of their relationship

Last edited by Betsybelle; 04-05-2013 at 11:08 AM
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarღRose (View Post)
I agree, a lot of people miss the point. It is not about age or anything like that, it is what is in the inside. She does not even see Rumple as the monster everyone else does, nor does she see what he is like on the outside. She sees the man he used to be and can be again. It is not about age or anything like that, it just about love. They are two people who clearly love each other for who they truly are, and they actually see each other for who they are. Yes Belle can see the good in him, but she also sees his flaws. That is all part of what makes for a good relationship.

AMEN to that!!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

do i know you?

Source: artWork009

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Love that art!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Passionate Fan

The Antlers - Kettering

Source: tricks and treachery
Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Passionate Fan

love the gif and art

thank you for sharing

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

Love all the gif sets!

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys.. I'm just trying to figure out what we want to use for our OP so that i can outline it. Here are all Ilda's wonderful arts and i want you guys to pick out which one you guys want to use in the OP

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

The arts in here .

I agree with everything put in here about their ages .

I really like this one or this one.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

hey KOUAT How're you doing? don't see you in awhile

i love when Rum look back at her for approval too, its like he wants her to laugh at his joke. its so cute and she chuckles, then he smiled

aww it was perfect! i love their banters and i want to see more of their interactions

thank you for helping out with the OP guys

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!