Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

maybe I read your mind

Ooh I wanna see that too. I always want him to save her.. Well he did save her from falling.. But u know... Protect her

I'll add that on. I gtg now but I'll add anything to the list after u guys post.

Have a goodnight everyone

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

http://corseque.tumblr.com/post/47162078660

Oh my god, I love this SO much. I want to see Rumbelle having a conversation, just about something that no one else in FTL or SB would - current events, history, anything. They could have an intellectual debate and it would be interesting because they each would have their own take on things. I would love to see Gold and Belle researching some matter or the other together and, if they go to Neverland, to use their knowledge of the jungle or other habitat to find Neal
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomc (View Post)
maybe I read your mind

Ooh I wanna see that too. I always want him to save her.. Well he did save her from falling.. But u know... Protect her
Maybe you did .

Exactly. Catching her was sweet, and I loved that scene, but actually having him save her from something like the Beast saved his Belle from the wolves is what I would love to see. He already is protective of her so it is likely. It does not have to be wolves, just something that can be a parallel to that scene.

GoodNight Pom .
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

^Love that photoset so much. Now this just proves to me more that they belong with each other.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

There's a photo on the ONCE FB page that they ask you to click if you think Rumbelle belongs together (it's a spoilery photo, so I can't post here).

Um, I think they are popular, lol : 100, 000 likes and counting!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack! The Disney movie is a big reason why I'm such a fan of RumBelle in the first place! It has been my all time favorite Disney movie since I was a kid- I've seen it so many times I could recite it practically word for word. When the Broadway musical came out, my mom bought me the cast recording, and I listened to it literally every morning getting ready for school during a good chunk of my freshman year.
I wrote a paper on the song "Home" for an English assignment in college.

I've used the screenname AngieBelle since I was about 15 because I adore Belle so much. (I'm 31 now.)

I love all the references to the Disney film that there are in OuaT....the named characters- Gaston and Maurice, Rumple gives Belle the library, Rumple tells Belle that there was an old woman selling flowers ("an old begger woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold"), Rumple tells Belle he will show her to her room (although in the Disney movie, he actually leads her *out* of the dungeon, not to it. "My room? But I thought..." "You wanna stay in the tower?") and -of course- the chipped cup.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

The parallels are so great to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarღRose (View Post)

Exactly. Catching her was sweet, and I loved that scene, but actually having him save her from something like the Beast saved his Belle from the wolves is what I would love to see. He already is protective of her so it is likely. It does not have to be wolves, just something that can be a parallel to that scene.
Would to see that
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
There's a photo on the ONCE FB page that they ask you to click if you think Rumbelle belongs together (it's a spoilery photo, so I can't post here).

Um, I think they are popular, lol : 100, 000 likes and counting!
That's wonderful. I noticed someone said in the comments that normally 20,000 likes for something is great. Loved most of the comments too, which were overwhelmingly pro Rumbelle.

I have to ask though I see people sometimes talking about the age difference. Is that really a big deal? There's a 20 year age difference in the actors but that's not abnormal for alot of couples, plus she is not a teenager. I hate, hate, hate when people call him "an old man." ARe they serious? 51? Anyway, I don't even really think about their age difference. It hasn't been an issue on the show at all. I just think these two are perfectly matched.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
That's wonderful. I noticed someone said in the comments that normally 20,000 likes for something is great. Loved most of the comments too, which were overwhelmingly pro Rumbelle.

I have to ask though I see people sometimes talking about the age difference. Is that really a big deal? There's a 20 year age difference in the actors but that's not abnormal for alot of couples, plus she is not a teenager. I hate, hate, hate when people call him "an old man." ARe they serious? 51? Anyway, I don't even really think about their age difference. It hasn't been an issue on the show at all. I just think these two are perfectly matched.
I haven't read the comments........

No, the age difference is not any sort of deal at all....and for those who have an issue with it, they will either need to deal with it or stop shipping Rumbelle. For one thing, Gold is older than anyone - only Hook comes close. If they have an issue with Rumbelle, they should also have an issue with Hook/Emma or Hook and anyone else. For another thing, Bobby is 51, about to turn 52, not 82 - and Emilie is not a child, she's 31. It's insulting to Bobby to call him old - in fact, I'm absolutely disgusted by it. I'll bet almost 100% of those comments come from immature teenagers who are grossed out by anyone older than 20 - and it makes me sick. Getting older beats the alternative and maybe when they get older, IF they do, they will appreciate it.

At any age, people are deserving of love and it's no one's business to decide who should or shouldn't be together. Again, if they don't like the age difference, they don't have to ship Rumbelle....but if they are going to ship it, they'd better darn well get used to it. It's not an issue on the show nor will it ever be. Bobby and Emilie are close - so are these people going to say that their behavior at Paley was disgusting because there is too much of a gap for them to be so affectionate with each other?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

I always laugh to myself when I see this... if we want to get technical, the man is 300+ years old so there'll always be a huge age difference between him and anyone else- lol!. But, when I'm just operating on normal gut reaction, I don't get it at all. Granted, she's younger than he is, but the whole point of Skin Deep and their relationship is that what really counts is what's inside (not age or looks or any other superficial quality). People claim to be Beauty & the Beast fans, and yet they miss that whole point.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, a lot of people miss the point. It is not about age or anything like that, it is what is in the inside. She does not even see Rumple as the monster everyone else does, nor does she see what he is like on the outside. She sees the man he used to be and can be again. It is not about age or anything like that, it just about love. They are two people who clearly love each other for who they truly are, and they actually see each other for who they are. Yes Belle can see the good in him, but she also sees his flaws. That is all part of what makes for a good relationship.

If she were a child then yes the age gap would be questionable, especially if he was actually an old man. But that is not the case so people who say that should look deeper than just age differences. Rumple should not be left all alone just because the only person who would be around his age is probably Hook either.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I haven't read the comments........

No, the age difference is not any sort of deal at all....and for those who have an issue with it, they will either need to deal with it or stop shipping Rumbelle. For one thing, Gold is older than anyone - only Hook comes close. If they have an issue with Rumbelle, they should also have an issue with Hook/Emma or Hook and anyone else. For another thing, Bobby is 51, about to turn 52, not 82 - and Emilie is not a child, she's 31. It's insulting to Bobby to call him old - in fact, I'm absolutely disgusted by it. I'll bet almost 100% of those comments come from immature teenagers who are grossed out by anyone older than 20 - and it makes me sick. Getting older beats the alternative and maybe when they get older, IF they do, they will appreciate it.

At any age, people are deserving of love and it's no one's business to decide who should or shouldn't be together. Again, if they don't like the age difference, they don't have to ship Rumbelle....but if they are going to ship it, they'd better darn well get used to it. It's not an issue on the show nor will it ever be. Bobby and Emilie are close - so are these people going to say that their behavior at Paley was disgusting because there is too much of a gap for them to be so affectionate with each other?
To be fair, I think people saying this don't ship them but yeah, I don't get it.

I am always astonished at anyone who is ridiculous enough to call a 51 year old man old. ARe they serious? And yeah, it probably is teenagers.

I'm glad the show never brings up the age difference. I have never had a problem with age differences as long as they're both adults. And Emilie is certainly not a child. Maybe I'm biased but I just think they are perfect together, have amazing chemistry and just belong together as Gold and Belle. Obviously, alot of other people agree with me.

But overwhelmingly, on Facebook there is great love for them. I've noticed that before. I actually think they are more popular than Snow/Charming, no offense to them. I like them too.

But what's really amazing is the lack of screentime and they are still so popular.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Passionate Fan

It seems like everyone would love to see a B&TB parallel. I'll add that to the wish list

As for the age difference, it depends on the person but you're right.. I confirm it. It is mostly teenagers. A lot of my friends comment on the age gap. I guess they're just not used to things like that. Idk I mean I'm prob the youngest here but I don't have problem with it. I love Rumbelle and I don't have any problem whatsoever with it. I'm in love with Bobby
But you gotta understand too... Teenagers are teenagers... Once they get older, they'll eventually realize that age isn't issue

Or you can have the odd one out like me

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

I am only twenty (almost twenty one) so you are not that much younger than me Pom and I see nothing wrong with it. I do not even notice the age difference. I had someone older than me comment on it though.

(Okay I know I am on too late if you are now awake and online again . I am going to bed now though.)
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

I love all the Beauty and Beast parallels. Of all the Disney fairytales, this is the one they have followed most closely from the movie to the show.

When he "gave" her the library in SB? Swoon.

Yeah, this is obviously the Disney version and not the fairytale. They don't overdo it. They just add a hint back to the movie every now and then, and I love it. It's been very well done, imo.