Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

that she will
Old 05-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I know but he really hates him, lol. I don't know that controlling her life would make Rumple hate him. That was pretty much the norm in those days. As were arranged marriages. I guess because they don't really have him say why he hates him it just makes me wonder why his hate for him is so strong. I guess it could be because of the kidnapping and memory wipe. But, I love him, but Rumple has done far worse. And REgina has actually done worse to Belle and Rumple doesn't beat her with a cane, LOL.

He seemed to kind of relish the idea of beating him again. And I just wasn't sure why. It would have helped if we had actually had them interacting the past few years other than at the wedding when they didn't actually interact. I don't like that so much of this stuff we just have to guess at.

But I hate that they write Maurice this way. He was so adorable in the movie. I wonder if they are writing this that we should not like him or they think he's just being an over protective father?
I honestly think it was an empty threat. I don't think Rumple would hurt him because he is Belle's father. In Skin Deep, he thought Moe was responsible for her death and I think he was mad at himself more than Moe for letting her go. I think all that pain and grief built up and he lost it. He didn't do anything to Moe in the EF it might have been because of the deal he made Belle, but he did attack Gaston despite it.

Now Rumple knows it was a lie but he also knows from past experience how controlling Moe is with Belle and how his love has conditions. Maybe he hoped that deep down, Moe truly loves his daughter and hoped the kiss would work. He is desperate and not thinking straight so he threatens Moe not thinking that they may go against tlk or maybe he can't imagine that no matter how bad a parent is, a parent will still truly love their child.

The only women he has hurt were the maid and Zelena and only because they were a threat to him. He mostly goes after men brutally. As to Regina, he sent a wraith after her because Belle didn't want him to kill her. Again because Regina tortured and imprisoned Belle.

Rumple only reacts to threats against him and /or his loved ones.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

indeed he does

Quote:
one suitcase to rule them all ≧◡≦
source
Old 05-13-2016, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

when a suitcase is actually bigger than the person using it

RoseBennett
Old 05-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

poor Belle had to climb to shut the thing!
Old 05-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

So adorable!

icon by me
Old 05-14-2016, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

And then when she actually left SB, even if for a very short while, she had a small one

RoseBennett
Old 05-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Belle getting too excited to kiss Rumple + Rumple not being ready to stop kissing Belle
source
Old 05-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

That love and passion..

Poor Rumple in the 4th gif, though.

icon by me
Old 05-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I was thinking about why Gaston came to the Dark Castle. Belle had been there a while by then. OK, maybe it's a long trip when you can't just poof from place to place or take a magic carriage, but let's assume he didn't start out at once.

We all know how Gaston retconned Belle going with Rumple, denying that she knew what she was doing or that she was exercising agency, he calls it kidnapping. This is one reason he can convince himself it's all right to basically break a deal with the Dark One. But why does he do this?

Gaston told Belle why he wanted to marry her in Her Handsome Hero.

Quote:
Has your father told you the good news? Our kingdoms will unite, and we will defeat this threat. And you will one day be sovereign over a land far greater than has ever existed. We will rule side-by-side... if you will be my queen.
By the way, Belle's kingdom is under attack by Ogres because of Gaston, and he talks about the 'good news.' I also think Gaston's definition of ruling side-by-side means Belle would get to smile and wave at the crowd while Gaston ran things.

By uniting their kingdoms, they will create "a land far greater than has ever existed." I can't help wondering if Gaston exaggerates, has no sense of geography, or has limited knowledge of past lands--or if he's got expansionist tendencies.

Whatever the case may be, our would-be Alexander the Great needs Belle's kingdom as part of his plans. At this point, I have to wonder if Gaston and exit strategy when he was in Maurice's castle at the beginning of Skin Deep. Grab Belle, leave Maurice and his people to get slaughtered, come back and take over when everyone's dead and the Ogres have wandered back home.

But, although the Ogres are gone, so's Belle. If the next-in-line to the throne isn't a single woman, Gaston has a problem. Or it may be that Maurice isn't wild about declaring his second-cousin-once-removed the new heir while Belle's still alive.

Again, whatever it is, let's just assume Gaston is not going to be getting Avonlea if he doesn't get Belle.

So, after a bit of thought, off he trots, thinking he can treat a small, scaly guy the same way he did a juvenile Ogre.

Surprise! This non-human has bite! So, of course, Gaston blamed Belle.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Gaston's problem was his hubris and inflated ego. He was vainglorious to say the least. To think he could just walk up to the Dark Castle, demand Belle back and think Rumple would just capitulate without a struggle is ludicrous. He didn't even have an army to back him up. I guess his sheer force of will was supposed to cower the greatest magician known. I would have loved to seen the scene go a little differently.

Knock knock knock. Rumple opens door.

Gaston: I'm a Gaston..yadda yadda yadd...my love yadda yadda yadda...
Rumple: Belle, it's for you.
Belle: What the....
Gaston: I've come to save you.
Belle: I don't need saving. Slams door in Gaston's face.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Well this is it, see you on the flip side!!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I think Gaston's problem was his hubris and inflated ego. He was vainglorious to say the least. To think he could just walk up to the Dark Castle, demand Belle back and think Rumple would just capitulate without a struggle is ludicrous. He didn't even have an army to back him up. I guess his sheer force of will was supposed to cower the greatest magician known. I would have loved to seen the scene go a little differently.

Knock knock knock. Rumple opens door.

Gaston: I'm a Gaston..yadda yadda yadd...my love yadda yadda yadda...
Rumple: Belle, it's for you.
Belle: What the....
Gaston: I've come to save you.
Belle: I don't need saving. Slams door in Gaston's face.
Honestly, I think an army would've been useless against Rumple. He's too powerful. Belle would've received a rose garden instead of a single flower. But otherwise ITA!

icon by me
Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh my heart! How frantic he was when he thought he lost Belle!!! But he has her back now and I can't wait for him to wake her up!!!!

and he was going to wake her up in that hotel room and show her the world!!! THIS is what I'm focusing on during the break!!! SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see that inspiring a fanfic or two
Old 05-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x