Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ this!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 12-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

and that's why she deserves some happy time
Old 12-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Absolute Fan

She deserves it so much. She can never catch a break. I hope they can find a way to break the spell of shattered sight quickly!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Extreme Fan

They said Emma and Elsa have to break it because they're immune, but I would like it better if the surprising development is someone who is under the curse is strong enough to break it.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Loyal Fan

So If anyone is interested, here is some twitter discussion with Jane Espenson why Regina thinks that only Robin and Henry believe in her. I think some of fans's comments are rather hars but I think some of those Jane's comments are interesting.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Extreme Fan

She's awesome for answering those tweets. That coul have gotten ugly really fast
Old 12-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

But I really wish the writing was better, more consistent, more focused on the characters, their developments, I want to understand why the characters say what they say, do what they do, I don't want to constantly speculate why the hell they are suddenly doing or saying this or that. Like why Rumple does what he does, why is he willing to kill Emma for example, the woman his son loved, if he just few episode ago swore that he will spend his life repaying his son?
And why the hell Robin did not react at all at the fact Regina killed his wife in the past?
And why we did not see or hear about the fact Henry moved in with Regina again on the show and had to find out from writers twitter?

I think the show has great characters, great history between all those characters, such a potential but it's wasted alot of time.

On more positive note - I loved Regina's sass last episode, her scene with Henry (although I did not understand why she talked about operation Mongoose in that particular moment) and when she told Robin he really really should be afraid of her... Lana's acting was amazing. I think Regina must be even more terrified than others because she knows what she is capable of, knows what worst of herself can look like. And she's fought that much to put it behind her... Also the fact the the peopel she loves could see her like this.

x

Last edited by Lenka5; 12-02-2014 at 08:11 AM
Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
But I really wish the writing was better, more consistent, more focused on the characters, their developments, I want to understand why the characters say what they say, do what they do, I don't want to constantly speculate why the hell they are suddenly doing or saying this or that.
I agree, they leave a lot of that for us to figure out on our own. The show has become much more plot driven and less character driven. I think S1 & 2 were much better for character development but since they have begun these 11 episode arcs where they bring in a new villian for each arc, they rush to get the story wrapped up and chracter development suffers because of it. Only my opinion of course.

Quote:
On more positive note - I loved Regina's sass last episode, her scene with Henry (although I did not understand why she talked about operation Mongoose in that particular moment) and when she told Robin he really really should be afraid of her... Lana's acting was amazing. I think Regina must be even more terrified than others because she knows what she is capable of, knows what worst of herself can look like. And she's fought that much to put it behind her... Also the fact the the peopel she loves could see her like this.
I also wondered why she was bringing up operation mogoose at that moment. It really didn't fit with everything else happening in that scene. I thought Lana was amazing, you could see how afraid Regina was in those last scenes with Henry and Robin. It speaks so much for her character development that she said she was not sealing herself in her vault to keep people out, but to keep herself in. She's not worried that people might come after her, she's worried she might go after then.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I think season 1 was them most consistent season and the character's action made the biggest sense. I liked some development in season 2, especially in the first half but I think season 2 already suffered from being plot driven and I hated alot of things in the second half. Season 3 again was very plot driven but I think there was some good development but also big inconsistency (like Emma's and Regina's relationship in the second half imo).
Seaon 4 is absolutely the worst imo.

While their 11 episode arcs could be part of the problem, I think if the writers really focused, knew where they want the characters and their relationship to go and truly thought things trough, it would be alot of better.
I think also the big problem with forth season is that they brought millions of new characters for Frozen arcs that ate most of the screentime so "our" characters were basicaly guest stars on their own show. Focus was mostly on Frozen, so other characters, their POVs and everything suffered. I Just hope the writers aren't that bored with the original characters because I hate to see something like that happening again.

Last edited by Lenka5; 12-02-2014 at 12:25 PM
Old 12-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
So If anyone is interested, here is some twitter discussion with Jane Espenson why Regina thinks that only Robin and Henry believe in her. I think some of fans's comments are rather hars but I think some of those Jane's comments are interesting.
Very interesting. Thanks for this! I agree with Jane. I thought she explained her reasoning behind that line perfectly.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Extreme Fan

I gotta say, I was getting afraid for Regina at that point

"you really, really should be...." That line gave me chills! Like...she's going beyond EQ...... like......EQ 4.0 or something.....
Old 12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Regina herself knows how bad she got as the EQ, but quite possibly the curse will bring out an even stronger version of it. If that's true, then yeah, I'd worry too!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah and also at least when she was the Evil Queen she had control over what she is doing.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I forgot about that..... this spell chucks control out the winow

................... next week will be intense
Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

About Regina bringing up operation Mongoose in that moment, I think it was a moment of guilty reflection, as a parent, because she worked so hard to be the good mother that Henry needed and operation Mongoose was a chance to really bond together. Yet I think she felt she put that and Henry on the back burner because her focus went into sorting out her feelings with Robin Hood. So she needed to confess that to her son unsure of what this curse would lead to in the end. That is how I interpreted it anyway.

The rest I completely agree with regarding the character development versus the plot driven focus that has arisen. Also, the overuse of Frozen and its characters definitely blotted out our main characters.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.