Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)
I´m not gonna comment every episode but the part where Regina takes Snow´s heart? Yes, Regina could have killed Snow on that moment but she didn´t.
The only thing that stopped her though was seeing the darkness stain, otherwise she probably would have done it That kinda disapointed me cause it was like she took a step forward in getting it right when she burned the curse but then went on to still want to kill MM either way noting that she doesn't learn from her mistakes. The show is getting way too depressing, it feels like all the characters were happier under the curse cause they all get crap since episode 10. Regina was framed, Belle lost her memory, Snow lost someone and allowed darkness in, she lost her identity in the process and Regina lost her mother, and don't even get me started on Henry. I am starting to wish Rumple sends him through a portal and never to be heard from again. And way too much offscreen info, obviously Emma learned how everything went down and Neal learned about Regina offscreen. Like I wasn't hoping to see that onscreen

The one positive thing I love about the episode, Lana's acting (along with Ginny's) in that last scene. How amazing was that
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Frivolous Whim

I'm a little confused because i could have sworn that we already saw this last week or the week before? Oh yeah sorry, it's the repetitive nature of this show, my bad .

http://elara.tumblr.com/post/45627888810
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.

Last edited by Sandrinha; 03-18-2013 at 12:11 AM
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

I wanted to give Regina a huge hug and shake her at the same time with this last episode. She has so much love to give, but she doesn't really know how to handle it properly. She has gone a bit overboard with both Owen and Henry.

I do hope we get to see how Henry's adoption came about. Considering Henry was born in Arizona (I think), how did he get picked to be Regina's son if she lived in a cursed town that was protected from the world? Perhaps some scenes when Henry was much younger, that would be great to see.

When Regina woke up and each day was the same, all I could think of was Groundhog's Day. Those first seventeen years before Henry, must have been very lonely and boring for Regina. It seems she got cursed along with the rest of them. The only difference is she was aware of the curse trapping her for all time.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
It seems she got cursed along with the rest of them. The only difference is she was aware of the curse trapping her for all time.
Well she could leave unlike the other characters. Jefferson was trapped like that though (not being able to leave and seeing groundhog day all the time).
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Well she could leave unlike the other characters. Jefferson was trapped like that though (not being able to leave and seeing groundhog day all the time).
Oh she could leave, I thought she was trapped with all of them. It really was a horrible curse.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Quote:
It seems she got cursed along with the rest of them. The only difference is she was aware of the curse trapping her for all time.
I think her curse was worse. Like you said, being trapped in a loop-like life, aware of what is happening around her must have been awful.
Not even the curse worked for her

Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOK (View Post)
I think her curse was worse. Like you said, being trapped in a loop-like life, aware of what is happening around her must have been awful.
Not even the curse worked for her
Exactly one of the great things about life. Is that it's always changing and evolving, never stopping even when you want it to. Which is why people must treasure it every second they can. She might not have been repeating the same day over and over. But nothing changed, she was in a rut and she had no one to share it with. And even if she had a child like Henry, he would grow up. And at some point if he hadn't gone stir crazy being the only human growing and changing. Or worse resenting her for keeping him there. He would want to leave Storybrooke and see the world. Leaving her behind, to be alone again in a town that never changes. I'm beginning to think her curse was worse. At least they didn't know that they were cursed.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always liked Regina but damn this has to be by far one of the best Regina episodes ever!

I loved her in past Storybrooke and present day.

Present day she was a sad and lonely and desperate woman.

And past Storybrooke was just heartbreaking. It felt like those Christmas type movies where a kid wishes it was Christmas everyday and then it becomes repetative.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Total Fan

Ok review coming up

I must admit I was really dreading this episode for a number of reasons but I actually really enjoyed it. Probably the first episode that didn't make me super frustrated and angry for the first time in a while (probably since "the cricket game".

First of all I am going to talk about Snow and Regina. Lana and Ginnifer were really fantastic in all their scenes. But particularly that last scene on the porch. Fantastic stuff from both ladies and I am hoping they have plenty of scenes before the season ends. Powerful stuff. I am not sure where they are going with this particular storyline but I am excited to find out. Give me all the Regina/Snow scenes

Next on to the Regina/Owen scenes. God I loved this little interaction. The first scene in the diner was priceless. Regina's reaction to him was hilarious and the part where he was sitting in her seat LOL. She was like a big child. Also I could relate so much haha. The scene where they were baking the apple turnover was so cute. It really made me want to see a scene like this with her and Henry. I also loved him giving her the bracelet and the little smile she gave him made me sad. But of course the happy didn't last long as I knew it wouldn't. That scene at the town line was heartbreaking. Lana was great. I felt so sorry for Owen though. I was sure that Regina was going to let Kurt go

The scenes with Rumple were fantastic as usual and Lana and Robert play so well off each other. More of this please. I loved the scene in Regina's vault. Perfect acting and I felt so bad for Regina when she was crying over Cora, messed up and all as their relationship was.

The rest of the flashbacks in SB were fantastic too. I liked seeing Graham back although I thought he would be in it a bit more. Also my Regina/Archie shipper heart was happy seeing them interact even if it was only for a second and pretty much the same thing day after day. I loved the part where Regina was smiling at him and was so distracted that she bumped into MM, great stuff.

Now on to Henry/Regina. Honestly I was terrified about what this episode was going to bring in relation to them but I was happy with what we got. It was sooo much better than I thought it was going to be. I need to stop reading too much into spoiler pics and interviews because they are usually not what they seem. I loved the scene with Henry sticking up for Regina to Emma, Gold and Charming. It's nice to see him saying he doesn't want them to kill her. Kudos to him. I was so happy about that. The writing for him can be so all over the place so it's nice to see he is still showing some hope for her. I also loved that they are kinda making Henry realize that not everything is black and white. Some good character development there for him. The scene at the well was great. I just love Lana and Jared together end of story. They bring so much to this relationship. I hope we get plenty more scenes before the end of the season. I honestly thought that this scene was going to be the final nail in the coffin for their relationship but it actually restored my hope for them. Yes I am back to being positive for the future of their relationship LOL. Henry saying he didn't want her to cast the love curse because he didn't want it to be like that for them made me smile. I liked that he didn't pile all the blame for how messed up everything is, on Regina. It's a bit scary when an 11 year old is the voice of reason in this situation. Also I was kinda proud of Regina when she burned up the love curse. Lana said in an interview recently that Regina is learning from Henry and I think this moment proved it. That she can't force Henry to love her the way she wants him to. It has to work itself out. Also Henry's "thank you" was great.

Final note. It's strange because I really thought that Regina was going to be "darker" in the SB flashbacks considering the curse was only just started. Yes I realize she had her moments especially in relation to Graham but I just thought that she would be more menacing considering her state of mind when she cast the curse. It was just interesting that we got all of those moments with Owen and Kurt in this episode. Also still LOL'ing at her reaction to Owen dissing her lasagne. That was hilarious.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, I guess it did help that I had absolutely zero expectations of any kind this week. There was a whole damn lot about this episode that I liked.

I enjoyed the 1983 flashbacks tremendously even though they did remind me a bit of why I liked season 1 Storybrooke a bit better than the season 2 town. It sounds strange, even to me, but those few short flashback scenes featuring the cursed town made Storybrooke feel more "alive". Supporting characters like Marco, Archie, or Gus the mechanic popped up again and we just got to see the day to day life in Storybrooke from Granny and Ruby working at the Diner to MM teaching at the school... We see so little of these things anymore in season 2 Storybrooke even though they made a point of everyone trying to go back to "normal" every day life at the end of 2x02.

Regina waking up in Storybrooke for the first time was one of my favorite things ever. Like a child on Christmas morning! Lana did a great job with that, but also with the montage that established that the essence of every day in Storybrooke was maybe not exactly the same, but at least very close to that and Regina therefore quickly realized that this is not a happy ending for her. My heart absolutely melted for her during that kitchen scene with little Owen. The kid actor was wonderful and Lana and he worked so well together. They went from super adorable to heartbreaking and back again in the same scene.

I honestly don't know how you can not feel at least a little for Regina when she is so starved for love and only longs for someone to love who loves her in return. Yes, she needs to learn a few things about healthy ways of expressing love, but I think this episode showed quite nicely that deep down Regina knows that you can't make someone love you. You can't force it and forcing someone to stay with you doesn't make them love you. I tend to believe that if Kurt hadn't seen her with Graham's heart she would have let them both go, but after everything went so terribly wrong in her office she probably felt she had to keep Kurt in Storybrooke and keep him away from everyone in town, too. Doesn't make it any less wrong, of course, that Greg/Owen had to grow up without his father.

To be honest I'm not quite sure why Regina could use magic to control Graham's heart and build up that invisible wall around Storybrooke when the curse had sent them to a land without magic, but maybe there was just a residue of magic left around town for the first week or so. Would have been nice to see the moment when Regina suddenly couldn't use magic anymore, though. I also think the Graham thing was blown way out of proportion in the media/twitter fuss before the episode aired. He had, what, 3 minutes of screentime? And while using someone's heart to control them is certainly wrong in general and trying to keep Kurt and Owen in Storybrooke was not right either having the sheriff arrest Kurt for drunk driving is nowhere even close to as "no real chance for redemption" evil as Jamie Dornan made it sound in his interviews. Honestly, I expected god-knows-what from that scene based on his interviews...

Present day Regina mourning her mother just about killed him, especially the scene that had her going through Cora's stuff. The locket... Her "thank you, Mommy"... I'm gonna get a bit more into the Regina and Henry stuff in their thread.

I'm not quite sure yet what to make of the ending (there were some things about that scene with Snow that I didn't quite buy), but Lana and Ginny were absolutely brilliant and I love all of the layers and conflicting emotions Regina showed in that moment. If ABC wants to submit Lana for an Emmy again this year, they're gonna have a hard time picking only one episode for sure, but this one would be a good choice.

There were some things I wasn't too crazy about, partly because I have such a hard time caring about anything that involves Neal (don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm just very 'blah' about him) and the fact that they apparently just skipped the moments in which he and Regina find out about the role each of them plays in Henry's life didn't help... and I'm really not crazy about season 2 Emma, but overall I definitely enjoyed the episode.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Lana Parrilla tweeting with the fans!

God save our Evil Queen (” @LanaParrilla hard at work!!! “)
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for bringing that pic over. Way too cute with the glasses, Lana.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

I already gave me review but here´s a few things that i forgot.

I feel bad for saying this but at this point, i think Henry knows he´s Regina´s weakness and he´s using that. I mean, everytime something goes wrong, he calls her mom and tells her to trust him and them, goes with the Charming´s.

I agree with you, i always thought that Henry was part of Regina´s hapiness but how since the kid is only using her?

I loved Ginny and Lana scenes but about Snow, i don´t care much. Yeah, she has darkness in her heart but like someone already said here, she also has a family. Regina went to the dark side alone and still doesn´t haves anyone to help her. Snow has her family and even the fairies with their magic by her side.

The episode was really great but once again, Regina was seeing like the villain. I´m not saying she made a good choice by trying to force Owen to stay with her but what does that has to do with Henry?

I still have hope, even if it´s just a little, that Neal and Regina are going to have a talk and i hope Emma isn´t present because that wouldn´t do any good. Neal needs to talk with the woman that was there for his son, the woman who raised him. I would be so happy if we got an episode where Regina wants to be with Henry and Emma says no but Neal says yes because he´s Henry´s father.

We could have a scene where Neal and Regina talk no only about Henry but the fact that his father was responsable for what Regina has became. But do you really think the writers are going to give us that? Nope because they don´t care about adoption on the show. Sometiems i even wonder why they put the subject adoption on the show anyway, since they don´t seem to respect it.

Thanks for that picture Neverlight . Lana looks so cute .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Absolute Fan

;blooodlust.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lovely gif and also sad .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide