Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)

I...I...think I kinda ship Bae & Morraine. (And I think that I'm sooo alone with this, lol. Whatever. To me they're cute together, an innocent childhood crush. Remember "Desperate Souls"? Little Bae was all stirred up after Herder and his soldiers took her to the war. Sigh. )
I thought they were so cute!!!! I got a little shipper vibe from there
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 05-21-2012, 03:01 AM
New Fan

YAY! Baelfire thread! Please add me too! I just love his big brown eyes! I do hope Dylan will survive his puberty, just like Freddie Highmore!

As I read more and more theories, I am now almost convinced that Baelfire is Henry's father. That would be a great GREAT twist, that the Charming family will be connected to Rumplestiltskin.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Please add me to the list.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also it is revealed that August is working for Baelfire and that is how he found out about Henry.
Really? Why can't I remember? I swear I want Baelfire to be Henry's father so badly I can't believe I've missed this hint! When is it said?

Icon
Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Really? Why can't I remember? I swear I want Baelfire to be Henry's father so badly I can't believe I've missed this hint! When is it said?
That's just a theory.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Loyal Fan

We were discussing Bae last night in the Rumbelle thread. Every male that comes on this show from now on our first thoughts will be "OMG, that's Baelfire." Doesn't matter the age, we're all gonna be nuts.

Please, please, please, Bae, be the one who impregnated Emma 10 years ago. I need Rumple to be Henry's grandpa!

You can add me to the list, please. The boy who plays him was a cutie. Can't wait for the adult version.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Supreme Fan

LIST UPDATED! Welcome newbies!
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I wish I could come up with a way for Morraine and Baelfire to be a couple, but it all falls apart on trying to get her to our world centuries before Rumple figured out how to do it.

And there's the ongoing problem that I want Bae to be Henry's father, too.

Attention, OuaT Writers:

We know you like to mess with us but, just because everyone's thought of an idea DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T USE IT!!!!!

Just saying.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
Please add me to the list.
Welcome!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I am so glad this thread exists. Rumpel and Bae's story is by far my favorite on the show and I absolutely love Bae. Dylan Schmid is such a little cutie, and honestly, his acting is SO natural. It's rare to get kid actors who really are that talented. Does anyone know how old he is in real life? You can read every emotion on Bae's face and his love for his father gets me every time.

I've read theories that maybe Rumpel will end up getting Bae back as his fourteen year old boy. I'm so torn because half of me wants that to happen so we can see Dylan playing him again! But the other part of me wants him to end up being Henry's father. And if that's the case, Emma did say Henry's father was a jerk. It would be interesting to see that sweet, little Bae all grown up and far less sweet than he was as a kid. I'm sure his father leaving him would have some effects on him and would have changed him quite a bit. I really want to see that personality change but I want him to be GOOD, of course. Emma did say he was no hero though. But we'll see.

Ahh whenever he comes back though, it's going to be so good!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I wish I could come up with a way for Morraine and Baelfire to be a couple, but it all falls apart on trying to get her to our world centuries before Rumple figured out how to do it.

And there's the ongoing problem that I want Bae to be Henry's father, too.
Oh, my!

You SO read my thoughts! I think Morraine and Baelfire being a couple would actually fit into a scenario where Emma's true love is not Henry's father. I mean, I might be wrong, but I believe Emma's true love is Graham.

I can live with the idea of Baelfire and Emma being together for some time, but things not working out because... well... they were just not meant to be. Their true loves were other people (Emma = Graham, Baelfire = Morraine).

Something bad must have happened, of course - otherwise, Emma wouldn't consider him a jerk. I just hope it's not that bad. I don't like the idea of him being married to someone else, either... (Emma hinted at it in one of the episodes; cannot really recall which).

As to the whole timeline problem, my only hope is... magic. Both Morraine and Baelfire are references to the "Wheel of Time", in which Moraine is one of the very few people who hold magic powerful enough to conjure Balefire - a powerful spell that can cross space and time. Just a coincidence? Maybe yes, maybe not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EClare_x3 (View Post)
It would be interesting to see that sweet, little Bae all grown up and far less sweet than he was as a kid. I'm sure his father leaving him would have some effects on him and would have changed him quite a bit. I really want to see that personality change but I want him to be GOOD, of course. Emma did say he was no hero though. But we'll see.
As a matter of fact, I can picture grown-up Bae being sort of... deranged. I don't know... I DO get the feeling that magic bean landed him in a whole lotta trouble. Plus the fact his father chose magic over him... That kid must have become bitter at some point.

And the fake reunion between August/Gold seems to be a warning. It was as if the writers were saying, "and this is how things would be if Bae were willing to forgive his Papa - now let's see what happens if he is not."

For that reason, I expect to see Baelfire return as somewhat of a badass who will unleash chaos in SB/FTL. However, if he were indeed Henry's father, that would be an important element for his redemption, so to speak. I don't honestly think his father's plea for forgiveness will be enough to bring him back to the light side of the Force.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightEvans (View Post)
And the fake reunion between August/Gold seems to be a warning. It was as if the writers were saying, "and this is how things would be if Bae were willing to forgive his Papa - now let's see what happens if he is not."
EXACTLY. Those were my thoughts. Yeah, they most likely won't be giving them a happy reunion. . .

Quote:
For that reason, I expect to see Baelfire return as somewhat of a badass who will unleash chaos in SB/FTL. However, if he were indeed Henry's father, that would be an important element for his redemption, so to speak. I don't honestly think his father's plea for forgiveness will be enough to bring him back to the light side of the Force.
Agreed. The more I think about, the more I think that's the route they will go. Again, it kind of breaks my heart to think about Bae turning out to be this sort of deranged adult but it would be SO interesting. I think I'll be satisfied no matter what they decide to do with his character. I just hope they pick someone good to play the adult version of him.

It will be interesting though to see how Rumpel will react to this new angry, jerk Bae so different than his little boy? Assuming that is the way Bae turns out. Especially since Rumpel was the one who was losing his humanity and becoming more twisted and evil in fairy tale land but his son was still this noble, innocent child. And how he asked August to be the better man, like he's always done. I wonder how Rumpel will take to Bae as an adult.

I'm so curious about how the reunion will take place. Will Bae recognize his father instantly, will Rumpel go off and find him, will they bump into each other first not knowing who the other is (similar to the August situation)? So many questions. They'll probably hold off on their reunion until the finale of season 2 though or something.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Passionate Fan

For fourteen year old Bae (or thereabouts) appearing, I like the idea of Bae having landed in our world and being in for whatever kind of nightmares you can imagine - when Gold shows up and promptly canes (but doesn't kill) whoever was about to inflict whatever nightmare experience on Bae.

He can't kill the villain because sparing him let's Bae know his dad isn't the same snail stomper he was in SB.

Hmm, I'm saying "he" because a big guy beating up a kid is generally scarier and easier to build up outrage towards . . . but it would really mess up Gold's life if the evil person to get ahold of Bae was Regina (in which case, I'm OK with him turning her into a snail and putting her on a high sodium diet or anything else cruel and unusual that takes his fancy).
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Can I be added?