Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What About Fred? [5x02] - Episode Discussion - Original Air Date Jan 12th, 2016 on FOX 8/7c

What About Fred? [5x02]
Episode Discussion

PROMO CLIPS

Get Smitten!!

Preview

Generic Jake!!!

Sneak Peek: He's Got It from "What About Fred?"

No Mercy from "What About Fred?"

Park Day! from "What About Fred?"

TV Legends to Guest Star on New Girl

EPISODE SUMMARY

Jumping back into the dating pool, Jess finds herself dating a dud (guest star Taran Killam), but falls in love with his perfect parents (guest stars Henry Winkler and Julie Haggerty). Meanwhile, Nick (Jake Johnson) and Schmidt have very different ideas about how to run the bar.

PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS

EPISODE REVIEW
Quote:
This week’s New Girl finds Jess jumping back into the dating pool…and falling in love, but with an unexpected twist. When she’s set up with Fred (guest star Taran Killam) she meets his parents (guest stars Henry Winkler and Julie Haggerty) and quickly finds herself wanting to spend as much time as possible with them, but not so much Fred.

Back at the loft, Winston is dealing with his own “hairy” situation but is soon caught up in Jess’ problems once he meets Fred’s parents. I absolutely loved this storyline because it ended up giving us many great Jess & Winston moments, which I personally don’t think we always get enough of.

Meanwhile, Nick and Schmidt have very different ideas about running the bar. Schmidt tries to whip Nick into shape as a manager, but Nick’s new attitude has definite consequences.

Some highlights of the episode are seeing Cece and Schmidt try to separate their love life from the business of the bar, as well as seeing Jess and Winston work towards a common goal. Bonus: If you’re a fan of Taran Killam on SNL (as I am), he is as funny as ever in this episode.

Be sure to tune into New Girl on Tuesday, Jan 12 at 8/7c on FOX.

As always, you can send me any questions about the episode you have, and I will answer them as long as they’re not too spoiler-y!
x

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!

Last edited by lessismore; 01-14-2016 at 08:07 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the thread, CK. I'm so excited for this episode! NG really has got it's feel back, and if it's anything like the first, I'll be pleased.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia in wonderland (View Post)
Thanks for the thread, CK. I'm so excited for this episode! NG really has got it's feel back, and if it's anything like the first, I'll be pleased.
My pleasure!

I am so excited too!!!! I loved the premiere as a whole and cannot wait for more! I am hopeful for more Schmece scenes and it is a Schnick episode and Nasim is back too!! Also Jess falling in love with her date's parents is soooooo Jess to me Amazing news for Winston and Jess scenes! Love them so much together as well

I won't be watching the episode when it airs this time. I hope I can watch ASAP.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I hope you can too! I always love hearing your thoughts.

So excited for Nasim to be back, that's my girl.

Really looking forward to seeing Cece and Schmidt handle being engaged AND working in the bar together. Technically, doesn't that make Schmidt her boss?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hope you can too! I always love hearing your thoughts.

So excited for Nasim to be back, that's my girl.

Really looking forward to seeing Cece and Schmidt handle being engaged AND working in the bar together. Technically, doesn't that make Schmidt her boss?
I love hearing your thoughts too!!! I love that Nasim is back and seems like we wil lsee her even more!! Your gurl

Yes technically Schmidt is Cece's boss Doesn't that remind you the story in "control" episode in season 1?

Schmidt: Cece wait... wait... Seems like I have no control in this relationship and I am fine with it.
Cece: Good! (leans in for more kissing...)
Schmidt: But you are the one who broke in at 3 am for a little bit Schmidt. So who is in control?
Cece: Shut. Up!

I LOVE THAT SCENE!!!!!!!!

Preview:

Quote:
When your blind date’s most scintillating conversation concludes with “I love all parts of pizzas,” you are in trouble indeed.

Jess learns that lesson the hard way in this Tuesday’s New Girl (Fox, 8/7c), and the fact that Saturday Night Live‘s Taran Killam plays her snoozy suitor is cold comfort — as you’ll see in the following exclusive sneak peek.

The upside? Killam’s Fred has really cool parents, played by Henry Winkler (Happy Days) and Julie Hagerty (Airplane). And by the end of the video, they have a very interesting proposition for Ms. Day.

TVLine
Generic Jake!!! I love Generic Jake!!

Schmidt is behind the bar after Cece quits imo

Promo:

Oh Jess

Last edited by lessismore; 01-12-2016 at 02:34 PM
Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Can they PLEASSSSEE do Generic Jake every week until the season five finale?! Haha.

Very excited! I uploaded a Schmidt/Cece scene to my Insta. Didn't watch the next of the sneak peeks because I don't want to be as spoiled as I was during Big Mama P.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAc9jHJH...ceceandschmidt
Old 01-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Can they PLEASSSSEE do Generic Jake every week until the season five finale?! Haha.

Very excited! I uploaded a Schmidt/Cece scene to my Insta. Didn't watch the next of the sneak peeks because I don't want to be as spoiled as I was during Big Mama P.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAc9jHJH...ceceandschmidt
Is there another sneak peek??????? SCHMECEEEEEEEEEE SNEAK PEEK???????? AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Loved it!!

Sneak Peek: He's Got It from "What About Fred?"

No Mercy from "What About Fred?"

Park Day! from "What About Fred?"

Last edited by lessismore; 01-12-2016 at 03:18 PM
Old 01-13-2016, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed the show tonight. I especially liked how Cece and Schmidt supported each other even though they were on different sides of the issue. I sorta agree with Schmidt, you can't be the friend and boss. The employees need to respect and listen to the boss. I don't think you need to be a jerk though.

Question, if they only own 10% and that's what they said last season, why are they in charge?
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the episode! My favourite part was probably Nick saying he should get a kiss too for his idea

Also, how amazing are those generic Jake videos?
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello my dearies!!! I am so happy you watched and enjoyed the episode! I could just watched it and I loved it! Schnick and Schmece Winston and Furguson and Jess!!! I loved them!

I agree Kat. I loved that too! I loved the most where Schmidt said "Can we take a moment to appreciate Cece? I mean the effect she has on people is incredible. I can't believe... She is marrying me... I mean... like wwhaaaaattt?"

They were so adorbs!!!! finally they are a couple! We are in Schmece Heaven!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww #dead x

I also loved Schnick scenes!!! Yeah him wanting kiss for the idea was pretty hilarious!!! I loved it!!! He used to push Schmidt when he wanted to kiss him and now he wants the kiss!!!

AWWWWWWW x

Last edited by lessismore; 01-13-2016 at 07:32 AM
Old 01-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

I liked how Fred's parents mirrored Schmidt and Cece in mannerisms and in support of each other. They are a glimpse into Cece and Schmidt's future and I like it! I also liked that she called him babe! Called it!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I liked how Fred's parents mirrored Schmidt and Cece in mannerisms and in support of each other. They are a glimpse into Cece and Schmidt's future and I like it! I also liked that she called him babe! Called it!
You are a queen! I knew you could catch that!!!!!!!!! Also yeah I loveeeeeee all the honeys, baes, babes flying all around hahaha I am sooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think it also parallels what NJ would be in the future too. As if they go on that route He was a writer that's why I explicitly say that. She was into art. They found common ground with their likes. OMG Fred was so boring. How the hell they had such a boring kiddo! First I thought he was retarded and I was kinda offended that they mock him but I think he was just plain boring and kinda dumb... What did you think about that?

But Schmece my Schmece awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sorry bae. You know we gotta keep separated.
Totally get it. Love you bae.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
You are a queen! I knew you could catch that!!!!!!!!! Also yeah I loveeeeeee all the honeys, baes, babes flying all around hahaha I am sooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think it also parallels what NJ would be in the future too. As if they go on that route He was a writer that's why I explicitly say that. She was into art. They found common ground with their likes. OMG Fred was so boring. How the hell they had such a boring kiddo! First I thought he was retarded and I was kinda offended that they mock him but I think he was just plain boring and kinda dumb... What did you think about that?

But Schmece my Schmece awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sorry bae. You know we gotta keep separated.
Totally get it. Love you bae.

So, I take it to mean that you caught it as well?

I really needed some Cece and Schmidt coupling after my night. I didn't think he was slow or that they were mocking him. So, I wasn't offended at all. He was boring but I'm sure that to someone he won't be. We all eventually find someone that gets our brand of weird, or in his case boring. To someone who is into model trains, I bet he wouldn't be so boring.

I loved seeing Naseem again! She is so much fun.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
So, I take it to mean that you caught it as well?

I really needed some Cece and Schmidt coupling after my night. I didn't think he was slow or that they were mocking him. So, I wasn't offended at all. He was boring but I'm sure that to someone he won't be. We all eventually find someone that gets our brand of weird, or in his case boring. To someone who is into model trains, I bet he wouldn't be so boring.

I loved seeing Naseem again! She is so much fun.
OFC! I was thinking of it might have been about NJ before watching the episode but when we got the similar Schmece scene just before!!!!!! #DEAD

I am sure Schmece's kiddo will be a lot more fun tho hahaha

Exactly!!! There are people who loves model trains (Sheldon would go crazy hahaha) but to Jess he was boring. He was kinda dumb because of the dance thing but it was fun to watch.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good reviews!

“What About Fred” · New Girl · TV Review Henry Winkler and Julie Hagerty steal scenes, hearts on New Girl · TV Club · The A.V. Club

I loved this review because I also think when Jess is single she is more relatable to many more women. Watching her journey through bad dates and findign love and losing it over and over ı think defines many women's love life in contemporary world. Flip and Nancy do not happen so often anymore. What do you guys think?

Reply   Post New Thread