Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Oh I picked up infinity symbol and Fr element right away. I had to check the other one later, when Cece mentioned parachuting Rabbi at the end it made sense

I looked in to Elizabeth Taylor and Jackie O weddings as well. He used Elizabeth's wedding to Eddie as it seems and he was the Jewish one. So it made sense. He used all iconic names and iconic weddings. He must see Cece as Jackie and himself as John too Groomzilla Schmidty is so cute!!!

I love our lofties so much! They are truly a family

Nick won another weird friend who he cannot speak with I died laughing really!
Which one? Was there a third? I'm confused. Anyway...

He really was funny. It may have been my fav scene. Defiantly the funniest one.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Which one? Was there a third? I'm confused. Anyway...

He really was funny. It may have been my fav scene. Defiantly the funniest one.
Well in a venn diagram he used intersections had 3 things: Fr, infinity, and a man parachuting from the plane (more like just jumping)

Hey where are yo ugoing. come back

I loved the episode as a whole. It was amazing imo
Old 01-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reviews

Quote:
The wait is finally over… Schmidt’s laugh-out-loud lines, Jess’ all-around quirkiness, and Winston’s straight-up weirdness are all back in the season 5 premiere of New Girl.

The series returned with a noticeable change, obviously: no Coach. But some things have changed for the better, like how Cece and Schmidt are, you know, engaged — and moving forward with their wedding plans. Although the couple have had a long road of ons and offs, it looks like they’re FINALLY on for real.

But they do have another obstacle to overcome, and this is where the meat of the episode lies: Jess, Cece’s newly minted maid of honor, flies in Cece’s mom, Big Mama P (Anna George), for an engagement party. Trouble is Cece never told her mom she got engaged. Yeah, not good, but not that surprising.

Without further ado, here are the ‘loft’-iest moments from the season 5 premiere…

Coach is gone, but not forgotten. It’s been eight months since we saw Coach move away (Regis Philbin crepe pan in tow), but without him, the crew thrived, hitting notes funny, heartbreaking, and sweet. And Winston even read a text from the ex-roommate saying he’ll be at the wedding… perhaps something to look forward to?

Just a groom and his best man getting their groove on. There’s nothing like a song-and-dance number to kick off a season premiere, am I right? This one features Schmidt and Nick backed by the Bollywood dance troupe, “Mahatmoves Ghandi.” As Jess tells it, Big Mama P was a Bollywood dancer herself and Mr. P’s parents didn’t approve of her, but they gave their blessing when they saw her perform. So when Big Mama P arrives and is clearly unhappy about Schmidt, Jess convinces Schmidt to similarly win her over with “the power of dance.” Sadly, it didn’t quite work out…

Blessings for Cece and Schmidt? The reason Cece never told her mom about her engagement was because she thought she wouldn’t give her blessing. Cece explained that Schmidt is not who even she imagined for herself. “I never thought I would fall for the slim, hip ghost of Tom Cruise,” she says, adding that she really loves him, but mom still could not be swayed. So Jess — who fell down a flight of stairs earlier in the episode, and seriously injured herself — forced herself to stand up to say they have her blessing, and she was joined by Nick and Winston. The cherry on top of an already very sweet moment? “We’ll get her on board,” Schmidt says. “I promise.”

Winston’s pranks. Tired of being recognized as “the Carport Hero” — a nickname he acquired after saving a kid trapped underneath a car — Winston decides that he will get in touch with his inner “Prank Sinatra” to change up his image. Jess tries to dissuade him because his pranks go either way too far — flashback to him registering Nick as a sex offender — or not nearly far enough — flashback to him sneaking a blueberry into Schmidt’s breakfast — but he is determined. He finally struck when Big Mama P was leaving the party. “Hey, Mrs. Parekh, check your shoes,” he says, which she does and finds a feather in her heels. He snickers, and exclaims, “Tickle foot!” The verdict: Too small (but from where I’m sitting, hilarious).

The (evolution of the) wedding vision board. At the beginning of the episode, Schmidt is totally swept up in wedding planning, like with his very thought-out inspiration board. “As you can see from my preliminary vision board, our wedding will borrow equally from the holy trinity of Liz Taylor, Jackie O, and The Power Gays,” he says. But by episode’s end, Schmidt has a change of heart about his plans for their impending nuptials. “I’ve revised my vision,” he says. “I’ve pared it down to only the things that matter.” So he altered the board to include photos of the loft gang.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Schmidt getting down on one knee to ask Nick to be his best man with a ring that has “BM” on it, and Nick messing with him by telling him he feels “blindsided” and that he’s not up for it (he is, of course)
  • The bridal party accessories (and the many more to come)
  • Nick picking a random woman up from the airport whom he believes to be Cece’s mom
  • Schmidt’s groomsmen (Nelson Franklin, Rob Riggle, and Fred Melamed)
  • Winston reminiscing on his badger prank at Cece’s previous wedding
  • Jess on the scooter

New Girl season 5 premiere: The top 5 moments from Big Mama P | EW.com

Late but here is a preview of the episode

Quote:
“BIG MAMA P”

Jess plans an elaborate engagement party for Schmidt and Cece…not knowing Cece’s mom is unaware she is engaged on the season 5 premiere of ‘New Girl’ on Tuesday, Jan 5 at 8/7c on FOX.

Well, New Girl fans. It’s been a long wait, and the season 5 premiere is right around the corner. I was just as excited as any of you to see the start of the new season unfold, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It picked up pretty much where we left off in the season finale and we are now getting into the fun of what is going to be Schmidt and Cece’s wedding planning adventures. So let’s get into what you can look forward to in this episode.

As I’m sure you’ve all seen from the previews that were released, we have a lot of great moments in this episode. Between Schmidt proposing to Nick to be his best man, to Jess and Schmidt secretly flying Cece’s mom in (who has no idea she’s even engaged), to the Bollywood-esque dance number that Schmidt and Nick are apart of, there is certainly never a dull moment.

However, there are still some things you have yet to see that I’m sure many will enjoy, including the return of Prank Sinatra as well as Nick hilariously messing up his first task as Best Man.

While there are some dramatic moments in the episode between Cece and her mom, the laughs we look forward to in each episode are still as present as ever. Be sure to tune into the premiere of New Girl on Tuesday, Jan 5 at 8/7c on FOX.
x

Last edited by lessismore; 01-10-2016 at 03:29 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A New Episode of "New Girl" Aired a Couple Days Ago, Featuring Our Very Own @dylan_shepherd_ !!! We Are So Proud of Him and How Strong Minded He Was to Be Able to Shoot this Only Two Days After He Came Home From the Hospital! Great Job Dylan!!! Let's Keep it Going!!! #soulfreshfam #soulfreshfam2016 #newgirl @newgirlonfox - x
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

That's so cool. He did a great job also.

Last edited by lessismore; 01-25-2016 at 03:22 AM Reason: Edited img tags
Old 01-16-2016, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IA he was cute
Old 01-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I LOVED this premiere SO much!!!
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
I LOVED this premiere SO much!!!
So glad to hear! I loved it so much too
Old 02-07-2016, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Still laughing

You wanna mama-bird me the cookie?!
Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

How can you not laugh when Winston laughs? It really is contagious!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How can you not laugh when Winston laughs? It really is contagious!
Both his laughing and crying are too precious! I die!

Schmidt's face!!!
Old 02-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Both his laughing and crying are too precious! I die!

Schmidt's face!!!
I don't find the crying precious, but I do find his laughter and smile too cute for words!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't find the crying precious, but I do find his laughter and smile too cute for words!

His everything is precious to me haha. I love his crying in the bathroom as well as after Coach So cuuteeeeeeeeeee. and in Menzies!

It cracks me up haha!

I just saw this. Some say his crying is originated after this man

Last edited by lessismore; 02-08-2016 at 05:09 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tickle foot!
Old 10-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

An amazing episode! Schmidt dancing for Cece, awwwww Winnie's pranks Nick and not Cece's mom

♥Furguson
AliceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread