So happy the show is back on!

It was a really funny one.

Sorry for the double post.

My LJ

Last edited by lessismore; 01-07-2016 at 04:53 AM Reason: Double post
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad the show is back, I really enjoyed this episode.

Nick picking up the wrong 'mom' from the airport was so funny

I felt so bad for Cece when her mom didn't want to give them her blessing Hopefully she will come around soon.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnColorsღ (View Post)
Sorry for the double post.

I really loved that part. Especially when he made a throat slashing motion and the finger gun. Haha, so funny. Why would you think that would be a good thing to do, Nick?!

I really think Mama P will come around but it will be a while. It will in the meantime bring our couple closer together though.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Awesome episode!! I'm watching it again now
RunawayDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll post my thoughts too, after I've seen it, can't wait!
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought it was pretty good. I liked the throwbacks

- Prank Sinatra
- Bucky
- Robbie
- Cousin Schmidt

Nick picking up the wrong "mum" and threatening to fall in love with her was funny. Mama P's maths to come up with a figure of 45 million more people more eligible than Schmidt, Nick and Winnie pranking Schmidt about the best man and Schmidt having a good number of one-liners.

Good stuff all round
Old 01-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey you guys!!! I am so glad you could watch and enjoy it!!

I wanna post everything here

Those were really highlights Kevin, couldn't agree more! It made me so happy to see the gang back and sticking together! I cried when they all gave their blessing to Schmece. They have my blessing too

Mama P was such a though cookie! I was imagining her though as well but why couldn't she see her daughter's happiness Surely she'll come around

I loved the call backs as well and seeing familiar faces! I adore Robbie and Big Schmidt! They are always welcome imo

Nick kidnapping that Indian woman was so funny!!! Dumb little boy haha

I teared up when Cece cried!! Aww my baby I loved bollywood dance so much even tho we saw it before

Ofc you wouldn't understand that Schmidt!! Hey how was his charts??!!! I died laughing But the second one made me teared up again!! I love these weirdos so much!!!

Such great opener for a season imo!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icomefromalanddownunder (View Post)
I thought it was pretty good. I liked the throwbacks

- Prank Sinatra
- Bucky
- Robbie
- Cousin Schmidt

Nick picking up the wrong "mum" and threatening to fall in love with her was funny. Mama P's maths to come up with a figure of 45 million more people more eligible than Schmidt, Nick and Winnie pranking Schmidt about the best man and Schmidt having a good number of one-liners.

Good stuff all round
I agree. Nick was definatly a highlight for me. The whole car scene was so funny! Especially laser tag.

Mama P was harsh but that was funny. Can't wait to see where the show goes this season. I have to give Winston props, how he got the feather in her shoe and she didn't know, that takes talent. So funny. Our loftmates are back!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I agree. Nick was definatly a highlight for me. The whole car scene was so funny! Especially laser tag.

Mama P was harsh but that was funny. Can't wait to see where the show goes this season. I have to give Winston props, how he got the feather in her shoe and she didn't know, that takes talent. So funny. Our loftmates are back!
Loved it too!!!

And Robbieeeeeeee

I am so happy he was there haha

They mock Nick!!!

OMG HOW I FORGOT TO MENTION!!!

How was Winnie's coach impression????? I loveeeeeeed it! I am so hopeful he will be at the wedding

Last edited by lessismore; 01-07-2016 at 05:10 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Loved it too!!!

And Robbieeeeeeee

I am so happy he was there haha

They mock Nick!!!

OMG HOW I FORGOT TO MENTION!!!

How was Winnie's coach impression????? I loveeeeeeed it! I am so hopeful he will be at the wedding
Me too! He will be there!!! I just know it, I have faith.

So, it Winston groomsman number one, or is the best man GM number one? Cause Winston is on Cece's side? I think they purposely made it unclear. Everyone but Winston had a clear assignment.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me too! He will be there!!! I just know it, I have faith.

So, it Winston groomsman number one, or is the best man GM number one? Cause Winston is on Cece's side? I think they purposely made it unclear. Everyone but Winston had a clear assignment.
They didn't mention but maybe Winnie is GM 1 and Nick is BM Big Schmidt is GM 2, Coach is GM 3, Robby GM 4 and JCVF is GM 5 Or maybe it is how you said
Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

When I watched the episode one thing stood out. On the color wheel, or whatever Schmidt had at the beginning of the episode, there was an Fr in the middle and it made me think of the element on the periodic table. Here are a few things I found. Not sure if they put it there because of the element but I did like looking it up.

Francium is a chemical element with symbol Fr and atomic number 87.
Francium is the most unstable of the naturally occurring elements.
Due to its instability and rarity, there are no commercial applications for francium.

It kind of sounds like their relationship since season one. I also like that it's rare and their love is a rare love. There are no commercial elements for Schmidt and Cece, so it's a good thing they found each other. Their love is unstable so they have to care for it with the utmost tenderness. I know, we don't like to think of them as unstable, but without putting in the work, any relationship can fall apart. All of them can be called unstable. The ones that recognize that, make it because they put in the work and our couple, having gone through things, know that.

Anyway, those are my ramblings for the day. I probably put more thought into it then they did, lol....
Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When I watched the episode one thing stood out. On the color wheel, or whatever Schmidt had at the beginning of the episode, there was an Fr in the middle and it made me think of the element on the periodic table. Here are a few things I found. Not sure if they put it there because of the element but I did like looking it up.

Francium is a chemical element with symbol Fr and atomic number 87.
Francium is the most unstable of the naturally occurring elements.
Due to its instability and rarity, there are no commercial applications for francium.

It kind of sounds like their relationship since season one. I also like that it's rare and their love is a rare love. There are no commercial elements for Schmidt and Cece, so it's a good thing they found each other. Their love is unstable so they have to care for it with the utmost tenderness. I know, we don't like to think of them as unstable, but without putting in the work, any relationship can fall apart. All of them can be called unstable. The ones that recognize that, make it because they put in the work and our couple, having gone through things, know that.

Anyway, those are my ramblings for the day. I probably put more thought into it then they did, lol....
I knew there was a reason why we clicked this much!!!

I was gonna write about it but I couldn't find time. But I am so glad you looked into it as well!

It reminded me of Tinfinity too haha. Schmidt + Nick = Sn = Tin, remember?

So I was thinking about if it would come up from something like that. But I couldn't make any connection to anything. For instance, he could choose Cs (Caesium) as in "Cece and Schmidt", which is the element just comes before Fr on the periodic table. Therefore, I think so as well it is about the characteristics of the Francium element.

And I couldn't have said it better than you, you wrote it so well!!! I loved it!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I knew there was a reason why we clicked this much!!!

I was gonna write about it but I couldn't find time. But I am so glad you looked into it as well!

It reminded me of Tinfinity too haha. Schmidt + Nick = Sn = Tin, remember?

So I was thinking about if it would come up from something like that. But I couldn't make any connection to anything. For instance, he could choose Cs (Caesium) as in "Cece and Schmidt", which is the element just comes before Fr on the periodic table. Therefore, I think so as well it is about the characteristics of the Francium element.

And I couldn't have said it better than you, you wrote it so well!!! I loved it!

You are so kind. It took me a while to figure it out in my head. When I rewatched it actually looks like a pic of it from the periodic table, cause I saw the 87 in the corner. I didn't even know that when I wrote the first thing. It's funny what you pick up, upon rewatching. I'm sure you noticed the symbol on the rings also. So cute.

"The infinity symbol ∞ (sometimes called the lemniscate) is a mathematical symbol representing the concept of infinity."
Old 01-09-2016, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
[/B]

You are so kind. It took me a while to figure it out in my head. When I rewatched it actually looks like a pic of it from the periodic table, cause I saw the 87 in the corner. I didn't even know that when I wrote the first thing. It's funny what you pick up, upon rewatching. I'm sure you noticed the symbol on the rings also. So cute.

"The infinity symbol ∞ (sometimes called the lemniscate) is a mathematical symbol representing the concept of infinity."
Oh I picked up infinity symbol and Fr element right away. I had to check the other one later, when Cece mentioned parachuting Rabbi at the end it made sense

I looked in to Elizabeth Taylor and Jackie O weddings as well. He used Elizabeth's wedding to Eddie as it seems and he was the Jewish one. So it made sense. He used all iconic names and iconic weddings. He must see Cece as Jackie and himself as John too Groomzilla Schmidty is so cute!!!

Quote:
But those two crazy kids still have the blessing of their family of friends. There’s a hidden meaning in The Year of Us: It’s the roommates’ time to shine, but it’s also time for the roommates to know that all they need is one another. That’s exactly how it’s represented on Schmidt’s pared down vision board, where the extravagance of Elizabeth Taylor, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, and “the power gays” have been replaced by cutouts of the maid of honor, the best man, and groomsman No. 1. It’s a symbol of the simple pleasures of “Big Mama P,” and a peek at the most important ingredients going in to New Girl’s fifth season.
Quote:
In a really smart bit of wardrobe and set-design synchronization, the colors Jess, Nick, and Winston wear in the cold open correspond to colors in the vision board’s Venn diagram.
Quote:
Something shared by the weddings of Liz Taylor and Jackie O, according to Schmidt: The chemical element Francium.

“Big Mama P” · New Girl · TV Review New Girl’s “Year of Us” is off to a suitably chaotic start · TV Club · The A.V. Club

I love our lofties so much! They are truly a family

HEy did anyone think about the GM 5 and Mama P would hook up ?

Here are translates of not-Cece's mom

https://streamable.com/8m45
https://streamable.com/vwac
https://streamable.com/oy7u

Nick won another weird friend who he cannot speak with I died laughing really!

Last edited by lessismore; 01-09-2016 at 04:34 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread