Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Extreme Fan

This was a nice sweet episode and I enjoyed it. Like Laurene said, this was a good post-breakup episode. Zoe was great this episode, eating, dancing and bonding her hurt away. I loved that the townfolk all were trying to comfort her. Prove that they finally love her and accept her as one of them (so I guess HoD is not a fish-out-of-water story anymore).
I liked Wade, being humble and sad in his regret and it was good to see him and Lavon being friends again. Didn't care much for the lost money storyline

Quote:
The writers are getting a whole lot of mileage out of the S1 dialogue- I'm starting to wonder if it's to show that things are running the same course (just different faces) or they are just a bit unimaginative. I'm going with the first one (for now.)
I noticed that too. The scene with Rev. Mayfair and Wade and Lavon (which was pretty funny) reminded me of the George/Lemon therapy session.

I cracked up at the "Wade" songs LA sang. I took it as comic relief, but I also think it showed LA is not over Wade and she's still bitter over being dumped by him. It's a warning to Zoe, like Tansy pointed out to not let hatred take over. Great line by Tansy: "End up with a guy like George, like, not George himself"

My favorite parts of the episode were George and Lemon. It was so good to see them together like they are now. It's nice that she still asks for his help. He really had no choice but to help It was hilarious how she kept playing the "left at the alter"-card. It made me realize how much I missed their scenes together. Great line by George : "so...uhm, what's the bird situation" and "You know what it's like when you're almost married "

It wasn't a spectacular episode, but lot's of nice moments. Hate to have to wait a month for the next episode
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySummer (View Post)
This was a nice sweet episode and I enjoyed it. Like Laurene said, this was a good post-breakup episode. Zoe was great this episode, eating, dancing and bonding her hurt away. I loved that the townfolk all were trying to comfort her. Prove that they finally love her and accept her as one of them (so I guess HoD is not a fish-out-of-water story anymore).
I liked Wade, being humble and sad in his regret and it was good to see him and Lavon being friends again. Didn't care much for the lost money storyline

It wasn't a spectacular episode, but lot's of nice moments. Hate to have to wait a month for the next episode
I liked that Zoe had a hard time moving on and that she was really in grief. I like that they didn't downplay her time with Wade.

I also liked Wade this episode, although I would have liked alittle more from his POV and how he was dealing with it all. Nobody is more angry with him than himself. The lost money storyline was in line with the theme of the episode and gave Lavon and Wade a chance to bond. Wade needs someone in his corner to support him through his sadness, because he is sad too. We shouldn't disregard that. I hope George and Wade has a talk soon, because they are guys and guys don't hold grudges for long. I don't want George to go from resenting Wade for lying to him to be a friend again later on because we all know that will happen.

I also don't like the 4 weeks of waiting for Zoe to "flash" , but I think ZW fans need a break right now to recuperate from the last 3 episodes. We might not agree the direction the writers have taken the story, but we will accept it and move on. Like Zoe we need time.
Fogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySummer (View Post)
I noticed that too. The scene with Rev. Mayfair and Wade and Lavon (which was pretty funny) reminded me of the George/Lemon therapy session.

My favorite parts of the episode were George and Lemon. It was so good to see them together like they are now. It's nice that she still asks for his help. He really had no choice but to help It was hilarious how she kept playing the "left at the alter"-card. It made me realize how much I missed their scenes together. Great line by George : "so...uhm, what's the bird situation" and "You know what it's like when you're almost married "
I didn't think about the Rev. Mayfair scene- good point

I liked the G/L scenes- they are fun together (especially now.) I liked "want to show us the guest bedroom?" "No.... no I don't..."

I agree Fogh, I want George and Wade to talk and fix things.

Boo hiatus- but it will give ZW fans and Z and W time to heal.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved the episode, it left this happy feeling the S1 episodes used to leave after I finished watching them

I think for the entire storyline, this episoe was very important

There were so many scenes I laughed about, for example Magnolia wanting to set herself on fire because Shelby was supposed to take her to school
And then Brick and Shelby teaming up and getting Magnolia to like the idea of Shelby moving in was a lot of fun to watch

In the first few scenes Wade wore this red sweater things, and I couldn't help but notice that Wilson looks soooo good in red, I wish he’d worn that red sweater for the entire episode

I also loved the little Zoe/Tansy scene we got when they got drunk together. And Tansy seems to have been the wise one for quite some time now, hasn't she?
Lilly Anne - that woman is just crazy But I loved that Zoe sang along with her

The Wade/Lavon storyline was okay, I think what was more important there was that those two got to talk and that Lavon could present Wade with the current situation. I loved it when he said that Wade could never lose him since he was 6 and a half feet tall

Wade confessing that he lost everything broke my heart, as did the last scene. The look on his face - seriously, if this goes on for a while, Wilson Bethel is going to kill me just with the way he looks when he's hurt

I laughed so hard at Lemon telling George that him leaving her at the altar would make him owe her until eternity I LOVED LOVED LOVED their scenes together. I never realized how unresolved their issued were until I watched their scenes from last night's episode. And even though I know there is no chance of them getting back together I enjoyed their fake kiss, because as you may know, I have always loved them together

I mean what Lemon did was entirely wrong, really, and I was glad Brick told her off, because she didn't deserve it any other way, but I loved that her trying to snoop around in Shelby's private life got her and George back together as friends for real

Poor Zoe having to struggle that hard - but still in a very entertaining way. Rachel Bilson is just such a great actress, she looked the CUTEST when she jumped and danced around on her bed, she looked so tiny
I am glad Zoe told Jonah she didn't want anything right now.

And then oh my Gooood, Lemon and Zoe counting off all the things that went badly for them in life – again, SO hilarious

I am very happy with this episode, I will definitely rewatch it again soon. Very entertaining
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree Steffi, in many ways this one did remind me of the lightheartedness of S1.

So many good scenes/moments.

I like that we now know the words to "Run from Wade"
I'm 6.5 ft tall... I loved that.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm a huge Lemon/George fan as well. I'd like to think the possibility of them is still there but they seem to be pushing Lemon/Lavon. They have gave Lavon to many love interest and had him fall to hard and fast every time though that I could care less about his love life. I love all Lavon/Wade and Lavon/Zoe scene but any scene involving Lavon and some potential love interest just makes me cringe.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I might be all alone here, but I actually liked Jonah (but I was happy Zoe didn't do anything with him). I don't know what his sl will be late on, but as of right now, I wouldn't mind if he stayed on the show for a while and got a storyline. Part of me wishes that if they're ever gonna do Lemon/Lavon, that they would have done AB/Jonah instead, just because I hate when two best friends have been with the same guy!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I'm a huge Lemon/George fan as well. I'd like to think the possibility of them is still there
Same here
Laurène is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna20 (View Post)
I might be all alone here, but I actually liked Jonah (but I was happy Zoe didn't do anything with him). I don't know what his sl will be late on, but as of right now, I wouldn't mind if he stayed on the show for a while and got a storyline. Part of me wishes that if they're ever gonna do Lemon/Lavon, that they would have done AB/Jonah instead, just because I hate when two best friends have been with the same guy!
I'm indifferent towards Jonah right now. I don't hate him persay. He could be a fun character but he could also be that character that is there to just give Zoe someone else. I dunno it all depends on how they are going to write him in. We shall see.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Extreme Fan

What did Lavon tell Wade in the end of their last scene? I can't figure it out. "I can barely change...." something?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What did Lavon tell Wade in the end of their last scene? I can't figure it out. "I can barely change...." something?
I think he said he could barely change his own light bulbs.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I think he said he could barely change his own light bulbs.
That's what I thought too, but it seems a bit odd imo!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's what I thought too, but it seems a bit odd imo!
I thought it was odd too... only because I felt like that was something a woman would say.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

He said I can barely change my own lightbulbs anymore. In response to Wade's "I'll move since everyone hates me"

Lavon was saying that he needed Wade, as a friend and as a handyman- Wade's been fixing things so long, Lavon has 'forgotten' how to take care of himself.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurène (View Post)
Same here
Me too, I really loved the George/Lemon scenes from the latest episode.
Bellaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread