Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I think S4 will be good for them
Yeah and we'll be excited for each episode, can't wait!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Yeah and we'll be excited for each episode, can't wait!
I'm so excited

Old 10-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The writers just got sidetracked with Lavon in s2, they focused on romantic storylines for him, made him a lot more selfish than he had been before & forgot a lot of what had made him great in s1
Old 10-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great Top 10!

icon: tumblr |B
Old 10-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
IMO, Lavon needs to take control of his life and what happens to him instead of wallowing in self pity which he seems to have been doing a lot of the past 2 seasons. And while I'm not rooting for LL, seeing him go after what he wants would be a welcome change from him sitting back and letting things happen or being miserable. Or if his future lies with AB, then seeing him correct that mess. I just absolutely have had my fill of mopey Lavon.
Yes… Im actually praying and hoping for a Lemon/George ending but I will be fine with L/L. Lets face it he screwed over AB so I don't see that happening. Then like you said it would be nice to see Lavon going after what he wants instead of just pinning and whining about it. So i guess S4 will let us know.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The selfish, whiny side of Lavon needs to go
Old 10-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I love that the Gumbo scene won!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's a good scene
Old 10-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Yeah you really saw a different side of Wade and (although I think everyone already know can wise) showed that Wade had already fallen in a way for Zoe.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-19-2014, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It showed what a good person Wade really is
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

I love that it showed a different side to Wade

Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Hannah and I were discussing a few things last night and today about last season. Now that we've seen the whole season, it is a little easier to go back and try to interpret or read into things.

We started with talking about if Zoe really was in denial about her feelings for Wade or if she mostly just avoided it. First, the conversation with Lavon in 317 when Zoe wonders if she made a mistake and let the right person just walk away. Looking back, I have to think that she is talking about Wade there especially with the way Wade worded things in 309 that she was the one who walked away. If she had been wondering if she made a mistake, could she really have been in denial then?

I still most definitely don't think she was in denial when she returned. She had just decided that not giving Wade another chance was the easier and safer option. The confusion comes after Wade moved on, imo and by the time Lemon basically had to drag it out of her that she loved Wade in the finale.

Another thing we discussed was Zoe and Joel's conversation in the finale after he walks in on her admitting that she loves Wade. The conversation is still strange. I rewatched it yesterday. Zoe opens it by asking about Joel's new girlfriend and if they are still together. And it seems that they've been in regular contact since Joel left. And apparently Joel's love life isn't something Zoe is uncomfortable talking to him about. She only gets uncomfortable when Joel brings up Wade and what she said. That got me thinking about that conversation a little differently. Also Joel suggested to Zoe that maybe Wade felt the same way. I sort of got the impression that Joel wasn't as big of an idiot as he seemed. Maybe for whatever reason, he didn't bring it up while he and Zoe were together, but after they broke up he finally put the pieces together and realized that Zoe and Wade still had feelings for each other and did the whole time he was with her. It could even be her total lack of jealousy over his new girlfriend and the OTT way she reacted to Lemon and Vivian. That conversation just made me think that he maybe tried to bring up the subject with Zoe during one of their conversations and she didn't want to get into it with him. As well as the conversation with Wade by his car. Joel already knew how Wade felt about Zoe or at least suspected. And Wade's "yeah" just confirmed it.

And the last thing. LOL Sorry, lots of thoughts going on today. This hiatus is really too long. We were also discussing the absence of scenes between Zoe and Wade from 314-319. One possibility could be to heighten Zoe's uncertainty about how Wade may still feel about her. So going into the finale when she confessed that she loved him, she may not really have known that he still felt the same way about her. She knew that he liked Vivian more than any one since her. And she was a witness to how the break up with Vivian affected Wade. She even questioned him if he wasn't going to the Brando/Sylvie wedding because Vivian may be there.

And then Hannah also brought up that maybe we didn't see Zoe and Wade interact because Zoe stayed away from interacting with them. In the scenes we did have with them, we got signs that Zoe wasn't comfortable with WV. They were subtle, but Zoe would look away or grimace or display some sign. And then we didn't get anything. I also thought back to Zoe not being at the family functions in 317 and 318 which seemed strange. Except Joel was now gone, so Zoe wouldn't have had her security blanket to hide behind. Of course it would have been great if we had some on screen excuse or reason that Zoe was purposely avoiding these functions. Instead all we were left with was thinking that it was strange for Zoe to not be there after the huge emphasis was placed on her new family and getting to know them.

And going back to the conversation with Lavon at the end of 317, it would make sense that she wouldn't want to be around Wade and Vivian if she was thinking she had made a mistake by letting Wade walk away since he was now happy with Vivian.

Last edited by Tracie76; 10-19-2014 at 10:53 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I have to think of how to actually word some thoughts on what you just said Tracie. But I do wish that we would have at least seen her trying to fully avoid situations then or something. Because I do still find it odd that she wasn't at the Wilkes events.

I liked Joel in the finale, and yeah, he seemed to already know about Zoe and Wade. And we know Joel had talked to both since then, so did he already know about Wade's feelings so Zoe admitting them wasn't really a shock? I don't think that Wade said something directly but they obviously had talked and Joel already seemed to know about Wade's feelings.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I have to think of how to actually word some thoughts on what you just said Tracie. But I do wish that we would have at least seen her trying to fully avoid situations then or something. Because I do still find it odd that she wasn't at the Wilkes events.

I liked Joel in the finale, and yeah, he seemed to already know about Zoe and Wade. And we know Joel had talked to both since then, so did he already know about Wade's feelings so Zoe admitting them wasn't really a shock? I don't think that Wade said something directly but they obviously had talked and Joel already seemed to know about Wade's feelings.
I definitely wish they would have given us something more as well. It is what it is though. I'm going to rewatch last season at some point now that we've had some distance from it.

As for Joel knowing about Wade's feelings. Joel was able to surmise in 302 that there must at least have been something from Wade since Wade faked being in a relationship with Lemon. I think over time since Wade wasn't actively trying to interfere and even befriended and helped Joel, he didn't see Wade as a threat. And for his own reasons, since Zoe also wasn't doing much beyond the jealousy he didn't rock the boat because he had his own reasons for being in the relationship. I still think of Zoe and Joel as more like friends who were comfortable together. The relationship worked for them, but I don't think either really felt passionately about the other or deeply. If that was the case, neither would have been able to walk away from the relationship or move on as easily as they did. And once out of BlueBell, Joel probably had to admit to himself the truth of what was glaringly obvious while he was with Zoe. That Zoe and Wade really weren't over one another. He may not have been certain that Wade still felt the same, but I think he had his suspicions which Wade confirmed in the finale. But as we saw in the finale, Joel wasn't really surprised by any of it. That is why I think he came to that conclusion or at least suspected it before he came back without either Zoe or Wade actually telling him anything before the finale.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Just wish we'd seen all that happen on-screen