Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree Cathy. Everything felt complete to me and i can't see how they can make it better. I can't see them topping this finale with another one because her and wades line about the small town is the perfect line to end a series and I can't see them coming up with something quite as bluebell as a song and dance. Another season would mean some drama for every couple because watching 3 happy couples would get boring for TV and I love how all the main characters are happy and I don't want to see any of them unhappy
Kirstkwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirstkwack (View Post)
I agree Cathy. Everything felt complete to me and i can't see how they can make it better. I can't see them topping this finale with another one because her and wades line about the small town is the perfect line to end a series and I can't see them coming up with something quite as bluebell as a song and dance. Another season would mean some drama for every couple because watching 3 happy couples would get boring for TV and I love how all the main characters are happy and I don't want to see any of them unhappy
I get all that but at the same time, I would love to see more. I don't think they need to top this finale (they can't) to entertain us.

That is the paradox of it all. We want more ZW and BB, but that finale was the perfect ending, which the network will think too so in reality in order to get more ZW/BB the finale needed to be more of a season finale but then it could still be cancelled and then we would all be very unhappy. We probably would still be unhappy if some of the amazing elements were left out even if we got more episodes. Argh, the dilemma.

Before the finale, I was fine with not knowing. Not I desperately need to in order to be truly happy about the finale. I need closure and I can't until we know for sure.
Fogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I just honestly don't see where else they can go. The show is about Zoe and Zoe now has everything she ever wanted. And she and Lemon no longer have that antagonistic relationship. Therefore what is there to cause drama/conflict at this stage? Bringing in new people? You still have 3/4 happy couple and can only have so much drama even between them.

It isn't that I don't love this show because I do...but I can't see it getting any better then this. I don't want to see them unhappy or having needless drama just to "entertain".

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm sure the writers that is paid to be creative can find new roads to take. As long as it involves the wacky citizens of BB with ZW at the center, I'm good.

Angst and drama comes in many shapes and forms. It doesn't have to be relationship related. IMO, the show hasn't had that much of it lately. It has been less and less since season 1. It started out a dramady but evolved into a comedy first - lighthearted fun and I sincerely believe they can continue on that road and entertain us.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love this show, I have never loved a show as much and probably never will. But this whole show started being about Zoe being a fish out of water in this tiny wacky town and now she's a fully integrated citizen and has everything, her journey is complete. I read a review that said the same thing, her journey is complete and she has everything. To me, HOD was always about couples working towards getting a happy ending and they all have it now, even the side characters. And by couples, I mean the friendships as well...

I wish this show went on for years and years but I don't think they can top this finale and season with these characters and adding new regulars would suck. I for example, don't want to see the new love triangle develop. They were cute for the episode but I saw enough of it, I don't want them to build on random new characters.

I don't doubt the writers could make plots that are entertaining but k don't think it could get better than this and all the main characters have everything they've ever wanted and I don't want to see it messed up.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

As I said before, Zoe's journey that she began in the pilot is over, but then a new chapter can begin imo. I don't think the new triangle would be there since it was only in the episode as a call back to the original triangle, the original idea for Zoe and the Call me Doctor video.

Again, they shouldn't try and top the finale, and if they got a new season it would have to be with the promise of more so they could start a new Journey for the characters.

BUT if this is the end, I will be more than satisfied with how things ended. I just can't go there yet until the network sends out the press release.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure the writers could come up with more story to tell. I'm just not sure if I want them too. Zoe made partner again and that is pretty satisfying career wise. Though she always seemed to be unsure about wanting more than that but that seemed to be resolved after she came back season 3 saying BlueBell was her home. I did kind of picture her once upon a time floating so to speak at the hospital in mobile like maybe a relief doctor. Cover when other doctors were off that way she could keep surgery still a part of her career. It could of been cool and helped her fill happy career wise. However, now she has a lot more than she ever did. She finally found true family and created her own with wade. So yea her life seems complete.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey guys! I just love the episode, was it the series finale?

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I finally managed to write my review if anyone wants to read it

Hart of Dixie finale review - Kirstkwack

Laura, We don't know its the series finale, it hasn't officially been announced but the cast and crew have basically said it is but they don't know for sure
Old 04-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloisFan (View Post)
Hey guys! I just love the episode, was it the series finale?
We don't, the cast don't and LG don't know.

Entering this season, LG and the cast knew it could be their last. The # number of episodes was an indication although must likely it was due to what they could shoot before Zoe was due.

I'm sure when the cast filmed the last episode it felt final. The song at the end took days to prepare with the choreography, singing in studio and the filming itself. After they wrapped they sent out some tweets indicating it was the end even though they didn't know. Why? Because the human psychology tells us so. There was a very good chance they didn't got to shoot anymore episodes so they rather say goodbye one time too many than not get the chance to.

This happened again when we got close to the finale. LG prepared us for it being the final episodes of HoD even though they hadn't heard anything. It was weird and frustrating for us on the receiving end because even though the cast were indicating they knew it were over, they still told us they didn't. It makes perfect sense now. I wish someone would have figured it out then.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
I'm sure the writers that is paid to be creative can find new roads to take. As long as it involves the wacky citizens of BB with ZW at the center, I'm good.

Angst and drama comes in many shapes and forms. It doesn't have to be relationship related. IMO, the show hasn't had that much of it lately. It has been less and less since season 1. It started out a dramady but evolved into a comedy first - lighthearted fun and I sincerely believe they can continue on that road and entertain us.
All of you are right! I totally agree the finale is a perfect ending for the show and does not need more. However if we had the chance of more episodes i think it could have many plots to develop.
Lemon as first lady, her mom and new sister, AB as a nurse,george as successful manager, GAB could get the most drama and angst, Wade and new RJ issues, loved his brother to come back, of course Earl's Money!
And for Zoe this would be the great challenge for writers, i am not at all creative but her doctor side could have more importance and i imagine new plots there.

For zw, they would have their funny troubles with their baby, disagreements and banter, the honeymoon, but probably they would introduce a big issue there, which is what i fear the most. Wade gelous? I dont know.

I agree 100% that this is the best ending and the risk of fail and ruin it all in a new season would be high and would be so frustrating again after s3!! but i have to admit that i would love having more BB in my life 😉
Marionzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks guys. I love everything about the episode, it was lovely and amazing. I don't know what's going to happen but it was a perfect ending IMO.

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

finally watched this finale and i thought it was SO cute! So well done. One of the better finales I’ve seen.

I like that everything came full circle. Loved that she visited her fathers grave. Loved her moment with Lemon. Loved her moment with Rose. Loved that we got to see Tansy again and that she was successful with her business. Loved that we got some cute moments with Lemon and Wade. Wished we gotten more with Zoe/Lavon though. also Lemon/George and Zoe/George.

It was great that the couples all got to be happy at the end. George and aB were actually really cute, they definitely grew on me. I was especially happy for Wade and Zoe and their baby <3. They are definitely an interesting pairing but they work together. I’m sad they didnt name the baby. and the wedding in the hospital was a bit cheesey but i guess they only had ten episodes so they did good with what they had.

the only thing i didnt really like was the singing and dancing. not sure what that was but okay. (the song was cute it just could have played over all the other scenes without the lip singing during) but ill just pretend that was more of a cast thing.

i do think the show could continue if they had to. they have a new "triangle" to focus on if they want to delve more into those new characters. they have ab and george that can get more focus and they could actually be the ones to get married in the next finale if the show has another season. and we could see both zw and ll starting their lives together with different couple drama. they could certainly do something with it.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-04-2020 at 05:53 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I'm hitting play Ingrid.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay!

Oh wow, Lemon asking Zoe to be her bridesmaid
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread