Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

The Summer People - a PYOC roleplay

The Summer People
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Milena Carmichael has been spending her summers at the lake for as long as she can remember. As a junior in high school, one would think that spending a summer away with her parents would be an event less than desirable. But Milena understand the secret of the Summer People. Over the years, some of the faces have changed, but one thing that has stayed the same was the friendship she shared with these special people. With the summer people, you can reinvent yourself in a way you can’t at home. Milena wishes that the summers would last forever, but understands that they are so special because they don’t.

It’s summer again, and six families have convened on the shores of Lake Wawasee in Syracuse, Indiana for another summer of fun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Rules

1. If you take a girl, you must take a boy. If you take a boy, you must take a girl. (This is the long way to say “boy/girl” rule.)
2. Try to use original play bys, or at least original pictures. I know that I love to use SMG as a pb, and so does everyone else. That’s okay to use an old favorite, just take some time to find a unique picture that truly fits your character.
3. Please try to make your play bys at least appear like they could be the age of the character. Olivia Newton John played Grease’s Sandy at 30, but this doesn’t always work. Please recognize limits.
4. There are five spots in the game. Four of them are available as one of them is mine.
5. Please post your profiles as soon as possible. After two days without posting profiles, your reservation will expire.

The Boys of Summer

Name: Anderson Paluski
Hometown: Carlton, PA
Personality: Anderson and his brother Harris are always among the very first to arrive at the lake each summer because their parents are proprietors of local “big water toy” store, “Making Waves”. He feels like he stands in his brother’s shadows most of the time, being the less outgoing, less athletic of the two.
Relationship: Anderson is a nerd, preferring coding a database for his parent’s store to splashing on the beach. He separates himself from his summer friends sometimes, enjoying his alone time.
Played by: Jason Dohring

Taken by: Beautiful Stranger

Name: Erik Jansek
Hometown: Fort Wayne, IN
Personality: The strong silent type? Not necessarily. Yet, free-spirited and unwilling to subscribe to the status quo, Erik doesn't waste words with everybody. If Erik had to have a life motto tattooed on his forehead it would probably say, "Keep 'em guessing,". Not that he has one, but most people can't figure him out right away. Erik makes no excuses for his opinions or personality though; he is comfortable being himself. He can be laid back most of the time, fiery temper only shinning when provoked. Granted, it takes a lot to provoke him, as he will excuse most behavior by the argument that people are short-sighted by nature. Warning to all those who might look to him for consolation: he is not the best one to choose for a shoulder upon which to cry. His advice might work, but trademark methods may not be soothing. People would be surprised to get to know his most sensitive side.
Relationship: Hillary and Erik have the most mature relationship of the Summer People kids, but that is probably because it has lasted so long. The Gray’s have been coming to the lake forever. When Erik’s parents brought him for the first time four years ago, he easily assimilated himself into the group. And by the end of the summer you didn’t see Hilary and Erik without the other. Having kept up their long distance relationship by phone and internet and occasional visit – more frequent now that they both have a driver’s license – the pair is planning on attending the same east coast college.
Played by: Kevin Zegers

Taken by: Excalibur

Name: Harrison *Harris* Paluski
Hometown: Carlton, PA
Personality: Harris is a lot different to his brother, Anderson who chooses to stand in the background of his shadow. Although, he is the more outgoing and athletic of the brothers, Harris prides in getting to know people than to just stand there like a rock. He prefers to have fun and as to being on the computer or TV all day doing nothing. Once, you get to know Harris you will be see a witty guy, who just loves to have fun and fun is all you will get out of him. There isn’t a dull moment with Harris.
Relationship: Lena and Harris parted last summer with a kiss. They have kept in touch since then, but neither one has spoken of their parting moment.
Played by: Justin Chatwin

Taken by: PJ_Believer

Name: Jeffery *Jeff* Landry
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
Personality: Jeff just last year figured out he was gay. He didn't realize it until then, but afterwards all the lusting he did after Johnny Depp made alot of sense. He's funny, a little to serious sometimes and has a great eye for fashion.
Relationship: Jeff has always enjoyed hanging out with the girls of summer but just a little too much. He always enjoyed talking hair and make-up with them and loves the occasional shopping trip. But it was last summer when he started checking out guys with them that they finally caught on.
Played by: Jacot Christopher

Taken by: Kate the Great

Name: Paul *Paw Paw* Gray
Hometown: Marion, OH
Personality: Paul is hard to sum up in one or two words. He has many different personalities and those personalities come out with different people that he's with. He can be a jerk and that is what he is most of the time. He really doesn't mean to, sometimes he does but other times he doesn't. He's sarcastic and cocky. He is also a pervert. He is a big flirt and he's normally seen trying to scam his way into all the girl's pants. That's just how he is. He's not afraid to come off as shallow. He is really not shallow, he's actually very bright. There are things about him that most don't see. He does have a soft spot, he has a heart as well but you have to work and stay with him to see that side. He doesn't like showing that side often but he's really not as bad as everyone likes to think he is
Relationship: Jena and Paw Paw have a love/hate relationship that is laden with mad crazy sexual tension. They love to hate each other and they hate to love each other. But this summer, the chemistry between them is just too magnetic.
Played by: Jonathan Brandis

Taken by: cliffy spuffy dreamer

The Girls of Summer

Name: Courtney Valine
Hometown: Marshall, MI
Personality: Courtney is a free spirit. Her forward-thinking nature carries over into how she handles people. She both gives and demands honesty from everyone, and someone's lack of honestly will quickly invoke her temper. One should not confuse her honesty with a completely open personality though. She keeps much of her more complex feelings and thoughts tucked back from her friends, being extremely choosy in those intimate relationships. She does have a tendency towards mood swings, making her crabbiness known with a shrug or snippy comment. If threatened, she withdraws into her shell, shutting out people until she feels comfortable again. Anger, sorrow, frustration, melancholy... if they can't be worked out through a screaming tour of the countryside or a session with her punching bag, then she resorts to a nap after fighting with someone. It's her... defense/retreat mechanism of sorts. Deep down, Courtney is a down-home girl though, still trying to figure out her place in life.
Relationship: Courtney is a tomboy. She’s beautiful and feminine, but she likes to do what the guys do. She loves to fish and enjoys Sunday afternoons spend with the latest sports event. She even tried to start a summer softball league, but there wasn’t enough interest. She does harbor a secret crush on one of the guys though. But, she’ll never tell whom.
Played by: Maggie Grace

Taken by: Excalibur

Name: Hillary Gray
Hometown: Marion, OH
Personality: Hil isn't like she usually is when on vacation. Usually she's the outsider. But in on Summer Vacation she belongs. Which is new for her. She's kept up with Erik over the years and she thinks she loves him. But would he like her if he knew she was usually snarky and witty and on the outside- instead of the popular, happy type she is during the summer.
Relationship: Hillary and Erik have the most mature relationship of the Summer People kids, but that is probably because it has lasted so long. The Gray’s have been coming to the lake forever. When Erik’s parents brought him for the first time four years ago, he easily assimilated himself into the group. And by the end of the summer you didn’t see Hilary and Erik without the other. Having kept up their long distance relationship by phone and internet and occasional visit – more frequent now that they both have a driver’s license – the pair is planning on attending the same east coast college.
Played by: Kristin Bell

Taken by: Kate the Great

Name: Jena Landry
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
Personality: Another pretty face. Well, Jena isn't really one. Once, you get her to speak out, sarcasm oozes out of her mouth. She’s the type of person, who isn’t afraid of speaking out of her mind, which usually leads Jena into trouble. She has tried to learn to keep her mouth shut, but this doesn’t usually happen with Jena. Unlike, girls her age, Jena hates being the center of attention. She just doesn’t see the point. Jena might seem stuck up, but really she isn’t. Once, you get to know her, you might see underneath that she can be a sweet girl.
Relationship: Jena and Paw Paw have a love/hate relationship that is laden with mad crazy sexual tension. They love to hate each other and they hate to love each other. But this summer, the chemistry between them is just too magnetic.
Played by: Emily Browning

Taken by: PJ_Believer

Name: Milena *Lena* Carmichael
Hometown: Bel Alton, MD
Personality: Lena, an only child, is a little bit sweet and a little bit sassy. She doesn’t quite know what she wants to do with her life but it doesn’t bother her in the least. A person couldn’t ask for a better friend as long as you never cross her. She’s the type of girl you feel better for being around. But don’t let her fool you, she’s far from perfect.
Relationship: Lena and Harris parted last summer with a kiss. They have kept in touch since then, but neither one has spoken of their parting moment.
Played by: Michelle Trachtenberg

Taken by: Beautiful Stranger

Name: Stephanie *Steph* Valine
Hometown: Marshall, MI
Personality: Stephanie is a very shy girl. She hardly speaks, it's very rare. She doesn't talk to people she doesn't know or doesn't like. She talks to the people that she does know. Stephanie seems like she's stuck up but she's really not. She's odd. She's not afraid to stand out and be different. She spends most of her life standing out. She's never felt like she fit in anywhere. She doesn't come from the best home life. She's often moody and broody. She doesn't think that highly of people and she's easily hurt. She is guarded and doesn't act like things bother her even when they do...alot
Relationship: Stephanie is kind of shy. And also kind of Jeff’s best summer friend. And was also incredibly broken hearted over last summer’s revelation. But she understands the importance of keeping the summer people just summer people.
Played by: Stacey Farber

Taken by: cliffy spuffy dreamer
Old 08-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

I'll take Paul and Steph plz

unsure of PB's at the moment
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Courtney and Erik please.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Jena and Harrison please.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

One last spot open, for Hilary and Jeff. We'll start when everything is in!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

If you need it, I can take on another character

Personality: Stephanie is a very shy girl. She hardly speaks, it's very rare. She doesn't talk to people she doesn't know or doesn't like. She talks to the people that she does know. Stephanie seems like she's stuck up but she's really not. She's odd. She's not afraid to stand out and be different. She spends most of her life standing out. She's never felt like she fit in anywhere. She doesn't come from the best home life. She's often moody and broody. She doesn't think that highly of people and she's easily hurt. She is guarded and doesn't act like things bother her even when they do...alot
Played by: Stacey Farber

Personality Paul is hard to sum up in one or two words. He has many different personalities and those personalities come out with different people that he's with. He can be a jerk and that is what he is most of the time. He really doesn't mean to, sometimes he does but other times he doesn't. He's sarcastic and cocky. He is also a pervert. He is a big flirt and he's normally seen trying to scam his way into all the girl's pants. That's just how he is. He's not afraid to come off as shallow. He is really not shallow, he's actually very bright. There are things about him that most don't see. He does have a soft spot, he has a heart as well but you have to work and stay with him to see that side. He doesn't like showing that side often but he's really not as bad as everyone likes to think he is
Played by: Jonathan Brandis
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 08-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can take Hilary and Jeff
Old 08-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Alright, as soon as I have all profiles in we'll start!!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Personality: Harris is a lot different to his brother, Anderson who chooses to stand in the background of his shadow. Although, he is the more outgoing and athletic of the brothers, Harris prides in getting to know people than to just stand there like a rock. He prefers to have fun and as to being on the computer or TV all day doing nothing. Once, you get to know Harris you will be see a witty guy, who just loves to have fun and fun is all you will get out of him. There isn’t a dull moment with Harris.
Played by: Justin Chatwin

Personality: Another pretty face. Well, Jena isn't really one. Once, you get her to speak out, sarcasm oozes out of her mouth. She’s the type of person, who isn’t afraid of speaking out of her mind, which usually leads Jena into trouble. She has tried to learn to keep her mouth shut, but this doesn’t usually happen with Jena. Unlike, girls her age, Jena hates being the center of attention. She just doesn’t see the point. Jena might seem stuck up, but really she isn’t. Once, you get to know her, you might see underneath that she can be a sweet girl.
Played by: Emily Browning
Old 08-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Personality: Hil isn't like she usually is when on vacation. Usually she's the outsider. But in on Summer Vacation she belongs. Which is new for her. She's kept up with Erik over the years and she thinks she loves him. But would he like her if he knew she was usually snarky and witty and on the outside- instead of the popular, happy type she is during the summer.
Played by: Kristin Bell

Personality Jeff just last year figured out he was gay. He didn't realize it until then, but afterwards all the lusting he did after Johnny Depp made alot of sense. He's funny, a little to serious sometimes and has a great eye for fashion.
Played by: Jacot Christopher
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Personality: Courtney is a free spirit. Her forward-thinking nature carries over into how she handles people. She both gives and demands honesty from everyone, and someone's lack of honestly will quickly invoke her temper. One should not confuse her honesty with a completely open personality though. She keeps much of her more complex feelings and thoughts tucked back from her friends, being extremely choosy in those intimate relationships. She does have a tendency towards mood swings, making her crabbiness known with a shrug or snippy comment. If threatened, she withdraws into her shell, shutting out people until she feels comfortable again. Anger, sorrow, frustration, melancholy... if they can't be worked out through a screaming tour of the countryside or a session with her punching bag, then she resorts to a nap after fighting with someone. It's her... defense/retreat mechanism of sorts. Deep down, Courtney is a down-home girl though, still trying to figure out her place in life.
Played by: Maggie Grace

Personality: The strong silent type? Not necessarily. Yet, free-spirited and unwilling to subscribe to the status quo, Erik doesn't waste words with everybody. If Erik had to have a life motto tattooed on his forehead it would probably say, "Keep 'em guessing,". Not that he has one, but most people can't figure him out right away. Erik makes no excuses for his opinions or personality though; he is comfortable being himself. He can be laid back most of the time, fiery temper only shinning when provoked. Granted, it takes a lot to provoke him, as he will excuse most behavior by the argument that people are short-sighted by nature. Warning to all those who might look to him for consolation: he is not the best one to choose for a shoulder upon which to cry. His advice might work, but trademark methods may not be soothing. People would be surprised to get to know his most sensitive side.
Played by: Kevin Zegers
Old 08-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Okay, here's my plan, I'm starting now

Lena

As our car drove down the lane around the lake for the first time of the summer, I felt anticipation in my stomach. I was looking forward to seeing all of my friends again. Sometimes I felt closer to the people I spent my summers with then the people I knew from my own town. I could see our cottage now. Somehow I thought if I could get out and run, I would make it there faster than the speed my father was directing the car. But finally we were pulling in our summer driveway, looking out over our summer backyard at our summer lake. There was a distinct smell that permeated our summer place, and I loved it. It was rich with memories and feeling I only felt when I was this far from "home".

I couldn't wait to see who had already arrived. I knew without a doubt that Harris would be here already. His cottage was only a little further down the lane. It woudln't take much to tell if he was there or not. But I wasn't going to be that anxious. Actually, I was curious to see if he would be trying to find me first. I figured it would look over excited to find him right now. So I would wait. I would help unpack, and soon I would set out to find my friends.

Ander

There had been a huge fiasco at the store, our computer system crashed and all our client's information had been lost. I was being blamed, and I didn't even know what had happened. Needless to say, things were stressful right now, and as I worked hard to get the computer system back up and running, my father paced and cursed quietly under his breath. I knew when all was said and done he would apologize and explain that he was just stressed. This was the way things worked in our family. We got mad at each other, but we always made up in the end.

It actually didn't take me very long to reboot the system. As soon as things were back to normal and all my dad new where all our rental merchandise was, he threw me a twenty dollar bill and told me to buy myself an nice lunch. He was already paying by the hour for my time, so this was a nice gesture. Thing was, I thought twenty bucks would be better spent on a new computer game, but this tiny town we live in during the summer doesn't have any place that sells anything computer related, and I figured it would be a few days until I talked my brother into driving me into Goshen. So, I told dad 'thanks' and headed out the door and headed toward the diner.

OOC: Anyone else wandering aorund the town and want to approach Anderson?
Anyone want to stop by Lena's cottage and say "hi"?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Harris

Harris was bored. His father had earlier asked him if he wanted to go down to the store and help out. But, Harris had decline the offer. He knew his brother would be more suited to the job, than him and Harris was anxious to see Lena. Not that he was showing it. He missed seeing her. Although, they had kept in touch over the months, the feeling of not seeing each other was just too much for Harris. Putting a piece of hair away from his face, Harris wondered if Lena had arrived yet and was she as anxious as him to see each other. The thoughts were running through his head and Harris couldn’t shake it out of there.

Harris knew he had to go down to her cottage, just to keep it out of her mind. His parents’ summer cottage would be empty if he left to find Lena, but Harris left a note explaining that he had left, so that wouldn’t be worry about him. Parents were fickle creatures. They would worry about him, even though Harris thought he was old enough to take care of himself. But, still they were his parents and he was living under their roof. Cautiously, closing the door behind him, Harris walked down the street to Lena’s. The sun was shinning and it really was a beautiful day. As he approached Lena’s cottage, Harris walked up to the small steps and gently knocked on the door. Now all he had to do was stand quietly and wait for someone to answer.

Tagging Lena

Jena

Jena’s parents had planned on arriving much earlier, but yet they were late again. It seemed this was a habit that was hard to break for Jena’s family. They were late for everything. Meetings, dinners and anything you could name. They were always late for it. Rolling her eyes, Jena was just so annoyed at them for the time being and yet, they were ignoring her request to leave her alone. “Please, stop annoying me,” Jena yelled. “Just watch the road.”

Jena had thoughts running through her head and she didn’t appreciate her parents talking so loudly, while she was thinking. Jena was thinking about Paw Paw and complicated their relationship seem to be. It seemed to Jena, Paw Paw was just so immature and didn’t seem to like growing up. Oh, and that he seem to love annoying her. But, yet Jena enjoyed it. Although, she hated to admit it. She loved the attention that Paw Paw seem to give her and the only way she could express it was to argue with him.

Jena sighed loudly as her parents had reached their summer cottage. She noticed her brother, Jeff was rather quiet throughout the trip. Maybe, he was thinking about how we told everyone, he was gay last summer. Jena didn't know, but she was a bit worried about him, but she knew he needed space, so Jena left him alone. It really was beautiful at Lake Wawasee. She had decided to firstly unpack and then find the people that she spent her summer with afterwards.

OOC: Jena is open.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

OOC: If I've made any errors, let me know!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lena

Tucked away inside the cottage with her parents, straightening up all the things they had recently brought in and enjoying the feel of her summet home, Lena heard a knock on the door. Her heart jumped into her stomach, her eyes darting from her mother, to the door, and back to her mother. She knew she had responsiblities to help make the family feel at home, but she also know that her mom would make exceptions to her contributions for one specific summer person. "Answer it," her mother urged, knowing that Lena hoped to see a certain boy standing on the other side of the door.

Lena edged towards the door tenatively. She peeked through the curtains allowing her eyes to come to rest on his beautiful, tanned face. She about lost her legs and she looked helplessly at her mother with a goofy smile on her face. "Open it," her mother whispered loudly. At last, Lena obliged, bringing herself face to face with the boy she had spent the last nine months obsession agout. "Hi," she said, breathily, not trusting herself with any other words yet.