Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Melbourne Academy-a myoc rp

Now this is a direct quote, folks..."Scarlet's a lazy ass bum, so I'm posting this for her." So no...not stealing it.

| Melbourne Academy |
There is nothing that competes with habit
And it’s neither deep nor tragic

One of the hardest things to deal with is change. Tradition is a custom at Melbourne Academy that is rarely ever challenged. Privileged children born with silver spoons in their mouths attend the best educational institutions that money can buy, and on the East Coast, Melbourne is it. Whether the children of generations of alumni, or children suddenly thrusted into the lap of luxury, many find themselves at the foot of the registration desk so long as their parents can write them a check. Melbourne’s exclusive campus has succeeded in bring wealthy children together for well over a century. The school has been financed by old money and business tycoon’s investing faith in the idea that their children in return will receive the finest of higher education.

When the announcement of a new scholarship program was introduced last year, the media had a field day.

After a furies meeting between Melbourne’s board members, and much talk among the hallways; a verdict was made. Melbourne Academy was slated to open its doors for the first time in its history to underprivileged and middle class students by way of a scholarship program that would offer scholarships in the fields of General Academics, Science, Art, Music, Writing, and Drama. The announcement was met with a mixed reaction among teachers, students, and parents alike; but despite the rising debate and efforts to refute the decision voted on by the board, the school will open it’s doors to scholarship students this coming fall.

| How the Other Half Lives |

Our Story deals less with the talk and more with the students themselves. Both those harboring the divine right and the backing paycheck to validate their walk down the hallway, and the students who are merely living out the opportune chance of a life time most co-exist with one another – like it or not.

This story is about impending change, the prejudice that comes with that change, and the unlikely alliances formed as a result of that change. This story is about the students of Melbourne Academy, both wealthy and poor alike, and the sudden thrust in which has now forced them together.

| The Other Information |
The same typical rules found in all of my games apply here. There’s no limit to the amount of characters you play as long as you play an equal amount of boys and girls. Proper grammar and spelling is expected. Profiles without bolded[/i] subjects will not be added to the first post. I expect profiles to be in within five days. Everyone will take at least one scholarship student, and one paying student. I’m not setting the amount of characters we accept, therefore it will be very easy to make one group with more characters then the other. This is why I ask everyone to look over the profiles. If it gets to the point where we have more wealthy students then scholarship students or visa versa, I won’t hesitate to ask later entries to change. Thanks.

| Paying Students |
| Spot | FAIT_Accompli(Michelle Branch)
| Spot |Otep(Boyd Holbrook, Kirsten Storms)
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |

| Scholarship Students |
| Spot | FAIT_Accompli(Devon Sawa)
| Spot |Otep(Justin Chatwin, Nikki Reed)
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |

| The Profiles |

Taken By: Your FF Name
Name: First and last name. Indicate nicknames with ** or ()
Status: Simply put “Paying Student” or “Scholarship Student”
Theme Song: This is optional.
Brief History: Like stated above, this is optional. If you choose to omit it, simply put “Pulling a Leigha”. If not, write a brief history about your character. It should be somewhere between three to seven sentences. Please no more then seven though, and keep in mind that no one is perfect – every family has its problems.
Personality: A couple of lines. I’ve decided not to specificy, but keep in mind that your character’s personality is going to give other players an idea of who they are. Be creative. Also, this is a private school. Upper class America is not always rainbows and butterflies and if I end up seeing a bunch of rich, understanding kids, I’m going to pull my hair out. The game needs snobby brats. It makes the game interesting. On the contrary, originality is also appreciated, so take your time with this.
Opinion/Scholarship: “Opinion” is for the paying students – that’d be their opinion on the scholarship students. “Scholarship” obviously, is for the scholarship students. Just briefly touch on what kind of scholarship they were awarded (art, drama, writing, etc …)
Crush: Make it one, make it ten, make it a hundred, I don’t care – but give a reason.
PB: Name and Picture. Make sure picture is age appropriate. Sarah Michelle Gellar no longer passes for seventeen years old. Katharine Heigl? She’s pushing it too.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 07-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

I will so join PB's - Shawn Ashmore, Rachel McAdams, Scarlett Johansson, and Chris Evans

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 07-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll join, my PBs are Vanessa Carlton, Jessica Alba, and Kristin Kreuk
Old 07-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

Edit.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 07-23-2005, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

Reserving: Chad Michael Murray, Hayden Panettiere,Anne Hathaway,and Brendan Fehr
Old 07-23-2005, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

Taken By: buffyandspike4ever
Name: Johnathan (Johnny) Macyntire
Theme Song: Hero by Chad Kroeger
Brief History: He is really interested in sports and has been since elementary school. Someday he wants to be on the Oakland Raiders Football Team. He has participated in many teams over the past 6 years and has enjoyed all of them. He is someone who commits to his goals and won't stop trying till he's reached them.
Opinion/Scholarship: Scolarship. He was given a sports scollarship for football.
Crush: He only had a crush once in the sixth grade but for now TBA.
PB: Chad Michael Murray.

Name: Mariah (strawberry) Watson
Theme Song: Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
Brief History: The greatest joy in life to her is boys. But the second thing is drama. She's always wanted to be an actress. She came to the campus in order to follow her dreams. She is simply boy crazy, something her mom has told her would destroy her career. But she's too caught up in the action to listen. She has a mind of her own and won't listen to anyone else.
Opinion/Scholarship: Scollarship. She competed in many acting competitions and recieved enough scholarships to go to the school.
Crush: She has a crush on all boys, except for the ugly ones.
PB: Hayden Panetittere

Name: Kyle (Psyco) Miller
Theme Song: I just wanna live by Good Charolette
Brief History: Kyle was forced to come here by his dad. He didn't really want to go there and try to be a doctor like his dad wanted him to be, even though he was talented at it. He wanted to be a writer but his dad refused to let him take on something like that. So Kyle has been deliberately skipping classes.
Opinion/Scholarship: He wishes he could get a scollarship for writing. So then his dad could see how talented he was in writing. Sometimes he envys the students who have them but kind of in a joking way.
Crush: He likes 2 girls in the school. TBA!!! Is involved with one and likes her alot but he's fallen in love with another girl. As I say again...TBA!!!
PB: Brendan Fehr

Name: Alicia (Leecy) Spair
Theme Song: Once in a Blue Moon by Sydney Forest
Brief History: Alicia loves Art. She found out she was gifted at the subject in junior High during an art contest at her school. She thought it looked fun, so she decided to join in the contest. Her drawing came in first place out of them all. Her friends all call her Leecy, they never call her Alicia. She's also been involved in reading many novels by Anne Rice.
Opinion/Scholarship: She won a scollarship from the school art contest in the junior high then in high school 4 times.
Crush: Begins to have a crush on one boy because he is in her art class and is almost as good as her.
PB: Anne Hathaway

Old 07-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Taken By: ~Tina_Greer~
Name: Natalie sweet Matthews
Theme Song: Hurt by Johnny Cash
Brief History: Natalie sweet Matthews is a unique girl in many levels. Her parents, Alexander and Willow Matthews both died before she turned 15. Her only known relative. Phil Billiam, is living on the run from Canadian and American police, for killing three men in Vancouver and four in LA. She works at a Barnes and Nobles to pay off for school. She curently lives in a one story house by herself.
Opinion/Scholarship: She feels that most are luckier then others.
Crush:
PB: Jessica Alba

Name: Willow Baker
Theme Song: Pieces by Sum 41
Brief History: Willow Baker is a honest, trustworthy girl with emotional problems. She wears mostly black. Her parents, Michelle and Thomas Baker pay for her education. She is mostly a loner, quiet and condricts herself. She is somewhat mentally ill in some ways. She talks to herself or imaginery people.
Opinion/Scholarship: art sholarship
Crush: Alexander Thompson, seventh grade, she thought he was cute and funny
PB: Vanessa Carlton

Name: Vanessa Casillas
Theme Song: Why Not by Hilary Duff
Brief History: Vanessa Casillas, is a nice, honest girl. Her father, Micheal Casillas died in a shippy accident. Her mother, Sara Casillas, supports Vanessa in anyway possible.
Opinion/Scholarship: Vanessa won a art scholarship from some art contest, two years back.
Crush:
PB: Kristin Kreuk
Old 07-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Spot please. Saving Nick Atkinson and Rachel Bilson.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Spot I'll save...Jake Gyllenhaal (Paying student) and Keira Knightley (scholarship).
Old 07-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, why'd ya have to do it???? This has got to be up there with my most favorite rps, and I'm leaving in another day.... I really want a spot, but I'm going to wait until I get back, and if everyone hasn't already moved on I'll take it then. I'd rather not be an inconvenience.
But now I believe them...
-Strong Bad
Old 07-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Extreme Fan

So when can we start? Or are we still waiting for more people?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

*yawn* need to start soon....
Old 07-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Saving 2 pay and 2 scholarships

Taken By: SweetP
Name: Joseph Melendrez
Theme Song: Creatures (for a while) by 311
Brief History: The Melendrez's have always have a lot of money, and a good standing in society; tainted ever so faintly by the middle class Mrs. Melendrez. Mrs. Melendrez was a rare blessing on the hostile, snobby Melendrez family. How Mr. and Mrs. Melendrez ever met and fell in love was a mystery to all. Unlike her husband, Mrs. Melendrez was raised in a positivie, loving family. She was bright, warm-hearted, and was liked by everyone she met. She was the one who took care of the kids, took them where they needed to go, and actually paid attention. Her death was the worst disaster imaginable for the still maturing Melendrez children and her detached husband. After her death, Joseph Senior hid behind his massive amount work schedual and gave the kids whatever they wanted, not knowing how to be a real father. Worst of all, the rest of the Melendrez family found her death as a blessing, which made room for a proper wife for the Melendrez heir. Under the pressure of the family, Mr. Melendrez dates all "respectable", available, high-society women who all seem to be gold-diggers, but this has an even more repercussions than the family could imagine. Now, basically abandoned from any parental guidence, the kids are wildly rebellious and blinded by loss.
Personality: Before his mother's death, Joseph was rebellious and into drugs, but always seemed to do well in school, no matter how hard he didn't try. His mother's death left him scarred, but Joseph isn't one to show his weaknesses. Although he still acts friendly and outgoing, it seems he's always behind a wall of glass.
Opinion/Scholarship: Ordinarily, Joseph would take his school being infected with scholarship students as a serious crime, but he doesn't really care anymore.
Crush: Looking for someone who can comfort him, but doesn't really trust anyone with his heart, so he stays far away.
PB: Riley Smith

Name: Kaydence *Kayde* Melendrez
Theme Song: Don't Dwell by 311
Brief History: Joseph's sister...see above
Personality: All Kaydence use to worry about was makeup and shopping, but now Kaydence needs more. Don't get me wrong, she's snobby and pretentious, but deep down she wants a real friend, someone she knows she can trust, she wants someone she can count on, besides her older brother.
Opinion/Scholarship: She is mixed between hopes the scholarships will bring someone she can talk to who isn't as superficial as her friends already and hatred of the scholars who are intruding in her world.
Crush: TBA
PB: Alexis Bledel

Name: Sasha Cohen
Theme Song: Your Song by Elton John
Brief History: The Cohens are very well known at Melbourne, but because of Sasha's mother,Kelly, who got pregnate in the middle of her Junior year. Before Kelly's pregnancy, the Cohens were known as one of the most respectable, well-to-do, GOP families around. Appalled by Kelly's rebellious behavior, the family ostrasized Kelly and her unborn child, hoping that if they pretended every thing was all right, Kelly would just dissappear. Kelly was not the type to stay when unwanted, so she moved to a small town and with much determination made a happy life for her and her daughter. Unfortunantly for the Cohens, Kelly and Sasha did not dissappear. Sasha turned out to be one of the most intelligent girls her age, and seemed to be destined for greatness. She worked hard to get a scholarship to, what she was told, the best prive school around, Melbourne Acadamey. It was then that her mother was forced to tell her of her troubled teen years and how they ended up in the small town. Devistated that her grandparents would never want to meet her, Sasha made a promise to herself that she was going to be the best at Melbourne and prove her place in society.
Personality: Since Sasha grew up in a small town, Sasha has many small town qualities. She is very polite, friendly, and trusts just about everyone. Sasha likes to make friends, and thinks that everyone has a little bit of good in them, no matter what. It's just barried deep inside, waiting for the right person to extract it. Sasha is very dedicated to her studies and especially to her music, the one thing in her life that she has always found relaxing and beautiful. Sasha loves to perform, but she is not one who likes to hog the spotlight. Sasha hopes her music will be an inspiration to someone as music has been an inspiration to her.
Opinion/Scholarship: Given a music scholarship for vocal music.
PB:Shiri Appleby

Name: Scott Thompson
Theme Song: Jay's Rap from Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back
Brief History: Scott's an average male his age, except that his dad is the ex-head coach for the Texas Longhorns. Driven by this, Scott has played all his life, but is confused about his ambition to be a football players. Is his dad his inspiration or demise?
Personality: Scott is a regular jock. Loves girls, parties, and most of all football, or atleast he thinks. His dad has always pushed him to be the best....at football, nothing else. He's a funloving guy, but is mixed up on his priorities.
Opinion/Scholarship: Football Scholarship, hopes that a different school will bring different experiences so he can try something other than football.
PB: Jared Padalecki

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 07-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Taken By: PJ_Believer
Name: Tallulah Donahue
Theme Song: “Rip Her to Shreds” by Blondie
Brief History: Born with what people would suggest as a silver spoon on her plate, Adele Paschke had everything. As an only child, her parents were known to spoil their precious daughter, to whatever her little heart desire and let me say, that was a whole lot. What Adele wanted, she always got without any questions. That got to the point of her life, where Adele would take everything for granted, but her parents, being loving and caring for their daughter well being, didn’t care if it cost them everything. Eventually, it did and the only chance of Adele ever succeeding herself as a well-classed person was to marry someone with fortune, including if that man was old. You see, Adele’s parents have arranged to found someone suited for their daughter, before word spread out that indeed they had lost all their fortune. That man was Thomas Donohue. Eighteen years older than Adele, but rich nonetheless, Adele knew he could provide for her and her parents, but there was one catch, he had a daughter from his previous marriage. Their plan worked perfectly, since literately Thomas fell under the charm of Adele. They got married straight away, a month or two; Adele felt something growing inside her stomach. This, of course, was a child. This child was indeed, Tallulah Donohue. The little princess that Adele always wanted for herself, as she couldn’t pride herself to care for young, beautiful, Odetta, as she wasn’t her own flesh and blood. She hated the young girl to a certain degree, so all Adele could do was to spoiled her own daughter, as you could see Adele wanted no less than to keep her daughter at home away from the priding world, but at last, Thomas wanting nothing of this. He had wanted his spoiled, princess along with his other, little princess to go to the best school there was and the only one that came to his mind was Melbourne Academy. You see, Tallulah has been here, ever since that eventful day she was sent here, three years ago.
Personality: Like the malicious, Kathryn Merteuil once said in the movie, Cruel Intentions, “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer,” Tallulah Donohue follows this saying close to her heart. She, like Kathryn is the type who loves manipulating people from inside their heads, messing them around until their self-esteem has faded away. Really, what can you expect from Tallulah, who was raised like this. Her mother thought her, “If you first don’t succeed, try a lot harder,” and that is exactly what Tallulah does if she doesn’t get her own way. She completely the opposite of her half sister, Odetta and she likes it that way. Growing up, she particularly didn’t associate herself near her, much to her mother’s encouragement, as she knew her mother hated Odetta, as this is the case, Tallulah has grown to be completely different from her sibling. She’s the type that would talk down to you and bitch about you, not that you wouldn’t know, since Tallulah would basically spread it around the school, even across town. Tallulah might look friendly, but really, you need to watch out for her if you are in her way. I mean, if you are in her way, GET OUT. Having said, Tallulah rarely shows emotions in front of people, she just doesn’t feel the need. People betray her, so she stabs them in the back. It’s really fair, honestly.
Opinion: Lower class is all Tallulah can think. The type who can’t pay for their own schooling. She doesn’t like it all. Just because they have scholarship doesn’t mean she is going to treat them with respect. Tallulah has a huge dislike for these “scholarship” students. They think they can ramble in the school, like they are part of it, not while Tallulah is here. She will stop at nothing to make their time at Melbourne Academy, a living hell and she intends on doing until she leaves the academy.
PB: Rachel Bilson

Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Here are mine. If anyone wants to have crushes on them or whatever, please go for it.

Taken By: ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~
Name: Jordan Richardson
Theme Song: Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
Brief History: Jordan's father has been on the school board since she can remember, so it has always been expected of her to go to Melbourne. When she was younger, she loved it, but now she's more than ready to branch out, and pick the school she wants to go to college in. Of course though, her parents have their own ideas for her, and since they are financing her education, it's basically what they say goes. She never really talks to anyone about this, especially her brother. Though, sometimes she thinks he feels the same. She just keeps to herself about how she feels about the whole thing, because she doesn't want it getting back to her parents.
Personality: Jordan, when away from her parents, is laid back, fun loving, and very welcoming. She's outgoing and one who likes to instigate trouble, and she's good at not getting caught, because she has this "angel" attitude toward authority figures. When her parents are around, she rarely talks to anyone other than the kids her parents know, which are the rich kids. Her parents tend to look down on those who have less money than they do, but Jordan doesn't really care. She is fine for working for money, even though she's never really had to. She's just searching for her own independance.
Opinion/Scholarship: She doesn't really care one way or the other. While her dad just about popped a blood vessel, she's fine with it. Why should rich kids be the only ones to get a good education?
Crush:
PB: Rachel McAdams

--If anyone wants to play her brother, please go for it

Name: Jason *Jase* Evans
Theme Song: Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
Brief History: Jase has had a pretty hard life. The oldest of four kids, he took over the responsibility in his home as the 'man of the house' when his father died a few years ago. He worked hard, working two jobs while trying to keep his grades up. While his family needed the help, his mother encouraged him to continue with his sports. He gave up most of them, but kept on with basketball. His dad was MVP in college, and he felt close to his dad by playing.
Personality: Jase is a pretty quiet guy. He doesn't go out of his way to make new friends, but he isn't stand offish. He has been forced the last few years to grow up, and is a lot more mature than most of the guys his age. He feels a lot of pressure to keep things going well, because he doesn't want his mom to have to worry about him. He is a hard worker, and does not want to take his studies for granted.
Opinion/Scholarship: Jase was awarded his scholarship for basketball. He is so grateful for the opportunity, and wants his family not to have to worry about his education. He figures this will be a great opportunity to get good marks for a college scholarship as well.
Crush:
PB: Shawn Ashmore

Name: Samantha *Sam* Larson
Theme Song: Invisible Girl - Minnie Driver
Brief History: Sam really sees this scholarship as an opportunity to get out of her little dusty town and make something of herself. She's grown up dreaming bigger than anyone in her town has, and was often shot down for it. Phrases like 'you'll never make it' hurt her at first, but now she just lets them roll off her back. Sam's dad has always encouraged her, but her mom always pushes her to be realistic and not hold too much on her dreams. One thing she knows she doesn't want is to go back home and stay there for the rest of her life.
Personality: Having to defend herself and her dreams most of her life, Sam is a tough girl. While she can be girly and likes to dress up on occasion, she's most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, something she can get dirty in. She's outspoken and stubborn, and someone who doesn't take crap from anyone, she doesn't care how much money they have. She doesn't consider herself lower than anyone just because she doesn't have a lot of money.
Opinion/Scholarship: Drama scholarship. She won a competition in her region to get the scholarship.
Crush:
PB: Scarlett Johansson

Name: Jake Miles
Theme Song: ---
Brief History: Jake has grown up going to prep schools and private school, so it was no wonder he was put in Melbourne Academy. He keeps his grades pretty much just above passing, enough to keep him going to the school, although, his parents donate so much money to the school, it is doubtful they would kick him out. Jake doesn't really know his parents. Sure, they spend holidays together and go on the occasional family trip, he has spent so much time at boarding schools that he's closer to his friends than his family. He kind of resents his parents for not taking care of him, but he figures he got a lot of freedom in their absence.
Personality: Jake is extremely charismatic and charming. He can pretty much charm his way out of any situation by just flashing a grin and making whoever he needs something from laugh. He's very cocky, and quite obstinate. He likes things the way he likes them, damn you if you don't like it. There is a softer side, and more serious side to him, but that rarely ever comes out. He gets protective over the people he cares about, and rarely ever thinks about the concequences of his actions.
Opinion/Scholarship: He is actually looking forward to it. New students mean new girls, and that makes him cool with it. He won't mind giving some tours around the campus to some of the new girls. He has somewhat of a clean slate with the newbies.
Crush:
PB: Chris Evans

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]