Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

3x22 - "Disneyland" Episode Discussion

VISITING THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH TRIGGERS OLD MEMORIES AND CREATES NEW ONES, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Disneyland" - Nothing is more quintessential to good ol' family fun than a trip to Disneyland -- but not without a side of motion sickness, achy feet and a wayward toddler -- when the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan hits the park! Phil tries to keep up with Luke, Claire's shocked when they run into Dylan, Jay and Gloria disagree about what are sensible shoes for the day, and Mitch and Cam must contain Lily's new affinity for running, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 9 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Reid Ewing as Dylan, Matt Prokop as Ethan and Sarah Baker as twins' mom.

"Disneyland" was written by Cindy Chupack and directed by James Bagdonas.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode and everything in this episode def remind me of my family and I did when it comes to family trip.. But I love everything in this episode even I wish that it's an hour than just 30 min since I want more of it..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg this episode was so cute! I adored it. Worth the wait!

Mitchell and Cam: I loved the notion that Lily keeps running off. kids do love to run off and escape like that, its natural So of course they tried to keep her on that "leash", i forget what Cam referred to it as Very clever of Jay to find a way to combat that: get her high heels!

Jay and Gloria and Manny: Haha trust Gloria to never listen to Jay with the jacket and the shoes Its funny how Jay knows her so well that he knew she was in pain even though she was too proud to say so he buys her those adorable shoes Super sweet moment as Gloria is touched. Jay is so good to her! Manny's story i did not like because I am getting tired of him not acting his age. I almost wish he had gone with Luke to try and let loose but i feel its coming.

Haley/Ethan/Dylan: Dylan is back!! he's even funnier than I remember! God i missed him and even though ethan was all kinds of cute, haley really missed him, as did I!! How cute were alex and ethan flirting almost too

Aside from that we got a insight into mitchell and claire's background, how jay took them to disneyland by himself, which is rather sweet and Phil thinking he is too old for luke
Old 05-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Loved the episode especially Jay in this. Loved it even more because Dylan's back and boy how I missed him!

Jay/Gloria/Manny

I love how Jay took care of Gloria because obviously Disneyland isn't a place you go to and wear your high heels. Gloria looks so cute wearing those Daisy Duck (?) shoes. And Manny was so busy on his phone with his business that he forgot being a kid which was really sad. He could've enjoyed Disney with his parents and Luke. I also love Jay's backstory with Dede and taking his kids to Disneyland when they were younger. LOVE that end part with him hugging Mitch & Claire and watching a Disneyland show. Little things like this made me like Jay so much this season.

Mitch & Cam

Oh my goodness that leash killed me. SO effin' hilarious. Kids that age tend to run off and get excited. The only way is to hold them tight but of course you can't do that all the time. And in Disneyland, they weren't going to take any chances. People were staring at them and Lily hated it of course. It was cute in the end when Jay bought Lily those high heels which definitely made Lily slow down and yet she still looks adorable.

Phil & Luke

Haha, they certainly did enjoy Disney. Phil looks like a kid running off with Luke and patiently waited 45 minutes for the rollercoaster. I especially love that sweet moment between them when Phil said he can't seem to enjoy Disney as he wants to and Luke said that he'll push his wheelchair when he gets older...but go on top of a hill and let go. And of course the end credits with them on the rollercoaster - Luke screaming and Phil looking like he was going to vomit.

Claire, Alex & Haley

Dylan's back. I love that he's still the same stupid & loveable guy he is. Ethan's cute and Claire's really hell bent on fixing him up with Haley - but that's until she saw Dylan in Disney. Sooo happy that they're back together because Dylan is so much a part of the family to me already. Hopefully Claire can learn to accept that soon. I'm also liking Alex & Ethan who I think is more Alex's type. I'm hoping for s4 that we get to see a boy who will like Alex and we get to see this boy more often.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with all your thoughts Lindz, what an amazing episode it was! I forgot to mention the super sweet scene with Luke and Phil, Luke saying he would push him in the mall and all that, was very sweet! Luke even saying he'll take a funny photo for him and "you're going die! when you see it, not because you're old."

The moment when Jay cuddles up to Mitch and Claire was beautiful! It was returning to that moment of their childhood and Jay saying he would rather have his kids than be with dede
Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some photos from Disneyland:

Old 05-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Love those pics and I want more of it.. Thanks for posting those!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Amazing pics of the cast at Disney! I would have loved to be an extra at the crowd when they were there.

And I hope Dylan will be back for the remaining episodes because he is very much a part of the family. So far, Dylan has been in all seasons of the show.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes and I especially love that huge cast photo.

More:

Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god, can I just say how much I LOVED this episode and how emotional it made me, I had tears all throughout it (which is weird considering it's a comedy but hey ) it just made me love Phil so much more, cause I could completely relate to the storyline he had with Luke, I went to Disneyland when I was around 12 and my dad got on all the rides with me even though he felt sick, and it was just extremely beautiful the way they handled this and how Phil felt he'd gotten old

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Oh my god, can I just say how much I LOVED this episode and how emotional it made me, I had tears all throughout it (which is weird considering it's a comedy but hey ) it just made me love Phil so much more, cause I could completely relate to the storyline he had with Luke, I went to Disneyland when I was around 12 and my dad got on all the rides with me even though he felt sick, and it was just extremely beautiful the way they handled this and how Phil felt he'd gotten old
Aw Sheida That's exactly the storyline they used, it must have been so special to you knowing your dad did the same. That's so sweet and beautiful.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Theresa: Thanks for the pics at Disney. It was probably difficult to shoot there with all the people but the cast really enjoyed being there.

Sheida: OMG, wow. That's why this show is amazing. I can't believe you have a similar experience with Luke & Phil. Are you sure Steve Levitan didn't talk to you and mentioned your experience to the writers?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindz I think its a great place to shoot their episode and probably got them right into character, as the whole family were there together

Sheida's story is exactly why the show is so popular. So relatable!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay Hmm, or maybe I am Steve Levitan
Exactly, quite a lot of the stuff Phil does is like my dad, which is why I often end up crying through the episodes I thought those scenes made everyone emotional until my friend told me this Disneyland episode was funny, not sad and I realized it might just be me

But there's something for everyone to relate to

and you're right, I didn't even think of how hard it must have been for them to shoot, they couldn't have shut down Disneyland

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Lindsay Hmm, or maybe I am Steve Levitan
Exactly, quite a lot of the stuff Phil does is like my dad, which is why I often end up crying through the episodes I thought those scenes made everyone emotional until my friend told me this Disneyland episode was funny, not sad and I realized it might just be me

But there's something for everyone to relate to
That's true. There's an episode that we can all relate to. And now everytime I will watch this ep and see the Phil/Luke scene, I'll remember you & your dad. I love it when an episode touches me or makes me cry. Not a lot of sitcoms do that to me.

Theresa: It's true. Plus I always love a MF episode that shoots on-location.