Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Hi Nina! You've been traveling? where to?

I gotta say TXF is not making much sense at all lately. Last season wasn't good but it at least made sense, it had 2 obvious mythology episodes that you would understand and 4 random episodes in the middle. Now they had an episode that although it was entertaining, it made absolutely NO SENSE and also the whole thing of listening to Mulder's thoughts was driving me insane. YOU DON'T THAT ANYMORE CHRIS CARTER.

Last night's episode wasn't great but it wasn't as bad, I do believe it was slow tho, it kinda bored me
Old 01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yes, it was kind of insane, Arinna. I literally understand now what it means to feel bone tired. How are you doing?
I'm working on two places now and I'm a bit tired. But otherwise I'm fine.

We've yet to watch the new episode, May.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! Hi, May! I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and I was in bed most of yesterday and today. It finally got warmer today.

I haven't seen yesterday's episode of The X-Files yes, but I do hope this season improves soon. I agree with you about the premiere episode. Maybe Chris Carter just doesn't have it anymore? Maybe he's rusty from not having run a show in so long.

You're welcome, Nina! Happy New Year! It's okay, I understand you've been busy with work and travel, and you've been sick. I do hope you got to watch the sports that you wanted to watch. Yep, it's gotten warmer here as well, thank goodness. It's gonna get colder again next week, but thankfully it's not gonna get as cold as it was the first two weeks of January. It should be mild for the rest of the month and hopefully February.

Yes, everything about Scully's "meeting" with CSM that put her in a position to get artificially inseminated(if that did indeed happen) didn't make sense. She'd never be in his presence without holding him at gunpoint, so what was that meeting all about? And what the hell happened with Reyes that turned her into CSM's soldier? It's like she's taken over for Kryceck. I'd really like to know what happened to Doggett. And yes, what the hell happened to Spender? He either got some really good plastic surgery or something with that alien DNA fixed his face. I do hope that the season gets better after that season opener.

See, this is the reason why I disagree with all the Avery/Juliette fans. They seem to think that Avery is good for her, but Juliette is actually toxic for Avery. She uses him as a "security blanket," like you said, then cheats on him with that scumbag Jeff Fordham. Some people say it's just Avery getting payback for cheating on Scarlett, but I really don't think it's the same situation. Yes, his and Scarlett's voices to blend better together, and I really liked them performing together with Gunnar. Man, I haven't seen the show in a while so I forgot about 'The Moon Is High.'

I hope you're at least feeling okay, Nina.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's Friday.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Happy Friday guys!

Have you watched episode 2 yet Alex?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Happy Friday!

Yes, I did watch episode 2, and it was kinda confusing. But it was better than the last episode. That's what I was just doing, watching the episode, so forgive me for just getting here to post now.

So Langley was downloaded into a computer simulacra, huh? Sounds like some of the stuff the X-Files did back in the 90's.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

It actually sounds a lot like what Black Mirror does but cheaper and badly done

I thought it was an idea to bring him back tho and they went for it, out of nowhere, out of place, there was no real significance for this episode and the last scene was terrible but all in all I guess a bit better than the first one?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
It actually sounds a lot like what Black Mirror does but cheaper and badly done

I thought it was an idea to bring him back tho and they went for it, out of nowhere, out of place, there was no real significance for this episode and the last scene was terrible but all in all I guess a bit better than the first one?
I've never seen Black Mirror, but it looks like a Star Trek parody from the clips I've seen.

Yeah, it did seem out of place, but they tried to tie it into the greater mythology of this season with Barbara Hershey's character and this plot to wipe out the human race. But what exactly it meant I have no idea. It did remind me of that X-Files episode from the 90's about that hacker girl who was trying to join her boyfriend in cyberspace, if you remember that one. That one also had the Lone Gunmen in it.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

May - Oh, nothing exciting I'm afraid. I work in the U.S again. Lots of travelling for work. And I went home for a few days over Christmas to take care of some family things.

For some reason my excitment to watch on is somewhat contained... I also haven't had much time this week.

On principle, I love Barbara Hershey as an actress but I'm not sure that's enough to sell me on all of this.

What else is everyone watching?

Quote:
They seem to think that Avery is good for her, but Juliette is actually toxic for Avery.
At the very beginning of their relationship I grudgingly wanted to agree, Alex. After all, Avery not using Juliette for his own gain to advance his career but actually acting like a human being with her was a huge part what made up his redemption after he treated Scarlett and his former bandmates in season 1 so abysmally. But now five seasons later it's become very clear that she's using him a lot. And he turns a blind eye because of Cadence, I suspect...but that's not healthy. So yeah, anyway, Gunnar, Avery and Will have no formed a boyband as predicted. I think it's very funny how the writers have Scarlett ask Will about Gunnar and Avery all the time because she isn't talking to them... I wonder if they try to keep their romantic options open (though obviously it could just be my wishful thinking) because from the preview it looks like Avery has even with Juliette joining that cult leader and all. Every meeting between Gunnar and Scarlett is awkward... and not in an exciting way.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Alex got me into that new show The Gifted.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

I tried a couple of episodes but it bored me. It reminded me of "The Tomorrow People" with a bit of "Heroes"/"X-Men" thrown in. Unfortunately it didn't have Peyton List and Luke Mitchell who were the only reason why I was eager to keep up with that remake of "The Tomorrow People" they put out a few years go.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! I'm glad you got to go home for the Christmas holiday. Was everything okay?

Barbara Hershey seems to be the latest in a line of shadowy, mysterious figures in the X-Files mythology, Nina. Kind of old hat, but I'm willing to see where this is going. I did like how well Mulder and Scully worked together in this last episode.

Yes, Arinna and I are watching The Gifted, Nina. I would say that the show definitely picked up pace after those first few episodes, and I'm glad that it got renewed for a second season. It does feel similar in some aspects to Heroes: Reborn, only The Gifted is actually better, and they're also being very respectful to the X-Men mythology. So I'm gonna stick with it and hopefully Alex Summers/Havok will show up so that he and Lorna Dane/Polaris can have their storyline explored for once.

So are you gonna watch all of this final season of Nashville, Nina? I see that I was right about Juliette and Avery from what you've told me. I really hope that they don't waste Avery on her if this is the direction she's going. And I actually like the idea of Avery, Gunnar, and Will starting their own band. And Scarlett is asking Will about both Avery and Gunnar? Interesting. Yeah, wishful thinking, but here's hoping. I just hope that cult leader storyline doesn't ruin everything. And still no word of Teddy?

So are those two characters from The Tomorrow People?
Old 01-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Cara Coburn (Peyton List) and John Young (Luke Mitchell) from "The Tomorrow People", the main couple . The Tomorrow People (TV Series 2013–2014) - IMDb

If you know it you'll see how similar "The Gifted" is in its set-up. Another thing that disappointed me was how fast they separated Amy Acker's and Stephen Moyer's characters. And I didn't care for the all the kids.

Yeah, I mean I stick it out with "Nashville" to the end. But I don't have high hopes.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, thanks for that, Nina.

Actually, Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer's characters weren't separated all that long. They were reunited in only a few episodes. As for the kids... well, they get better later on. They have a much bigger story arc having to do with their great-grandfather and his sister, who had similar powers. But I'm more interested in Polaris and the other characters who are part of the X-Men mythology, like Blink and Thunderbird. It's getting pretty good.

Well, let me know what happens with Nashville. I'm still interested to see if Teddy and his daughters reconcile.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

I should have clarified, for me everyone is the kids who is not the parents. Maybe I'll watch it eventually but it was just so similar and repetitive to a lot of things I've seen before. I must say I was most interested in Acker's and Moyer's relationship if anything.

I recommend TTP... I had trouble getting into it that season because so many good things were on but List and Mitchell won me over quickly.

I'll keep you posted.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread