Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Aww sorry to hear that, Elen hope you feel better

I don't read the books but already know 8 deaths.. I knew 9 and I forgot one.. it's bothering me since last night.. well I know one is rumored in the 4th book but there's no body so I refuse to believe it
Old 03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I'm just having lazy day according to my shows. Still refusing to watch the season finale of "White Collar".
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I started watching True Blood, just finished season one. Took me a while to get into it but Im liking it now.

Nearly rolled off my chair in a faint when I recognised Jason Stackhouse. Its little Vinnie from Home and Away (old Aussie soap opera). So strange to hear him talking in a southern US accent! Anyone else watch True Blood?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I did. I find it an acquired taste. I love Pam though.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

I do! I watched all season 1, half of S2, bits and pieces of S3 and full S4 and 5.. I know I have to watch all S3, but I'm lazy and since I know the basics..

Ryan is australian isn't he? he does a great southern accent!\

And Nina, I'm basically still watching because of Pam and Eric.. and Lafayette at times.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I watch True Blood!!

I haven't read the GOT books, but I have read what happens in the books..I am too nosy to go completely unspoiled lol...Now THAT is not a happy series.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I don't have high hopes for GoT - as with all fantasy series (books/TV) things get so convoluted at some point and as we've seen in season 2 it's basically a bucket full of characters who are all in different places and run from A to B to C - and that's mainly what happens. If anything I heard there's Sansa/Margaery femslash to expect, so I'll have a look out for that.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon (View Post)
I started watching True Blood, just finished season one. Took me a while to get into it but Im liking it now.

Nearly rolled off my chair in a faint when I recognised Jason Stackhouse. Its little Vinnie from Home and Away (old Aussie soap opera). So strange to hear him talking in a southern US accent! Anyone else watch True Blood?
ROON! I'm glad you're back! And of course, you know I watch True Blood.

Yes, May. Ryan Kwanten is Australian. He does perhaps the best and most accurate southern accent on that show.
And he's also part of my favorite 'ship on True Blood.....Jason/Jessica! Perhaps you noticed them in my sig? Deborah Ann Woll is the most gorgeous woman on that show!
And Jessica and Jason crack me up! I also love Pam. She's hilarious most of the time. Lafayette is my favorite character, though.

Awww, I hope you feel better soon, Ellie. And I need to catch up on shows myself. I'm falling behind on Ripper Street.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-06-2013 at 03:34 PM
Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I don't have high hopes for GoT - as with all fantasy series (books/TV) things get so convoluted at some point and as we've seen in season 2 it's basically a bucket full of characters who are all in different places and run from A to B to C - and that's mainly what happens. If anything I heard there's Sansa/Margaery femslash to expect, so I'll have a look out for that.
Yeah, I like the books but the middle two/three (books were split up differently in the UK to elsewhere) are a bit slow. Martin is a good author but writes 5 pages to describe a scene when it only needs 1 So it can get slow and convoluted but it picked up IMO once I stuck with it and got through the boring bits.

Buuut saying that this season will be amazing. It's my favourite book of them all (which makes me a strange person as I spent most of my time crying reading it!)

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone It's just a bad head cold, but it's still annoying
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I did start reading the first book and then stopped about 3/4 way through because I didn't want to completely spoil myself. However while I love the TV adaptation, with only 10 episodes per season (10 episodes to cover book 1 and 2) they skip over so much that happens in the books and they have also added stuff to the series that isn't in the books. What I find is that by changing things, the motivations for some characters actions are not fully understood. Case in point, why Catelyn set Jaime Lannister free when Rob had him hostage. The series completely cut out a very significant part of the book that explained her actions.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Well, the show naturally has to make adaptions and in my opinion they are not making enough of them which resulted in a very boring season 2.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I haven't read the books yet, maybe I'll do that in the near future.
Thinking of GoT, I just realized that (for me) the only really attractive guy there is Kit Harington. Another one with dark, long, curly hair...weird since I have never been into men with long hair.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Don't you like Richard? or Joe, Nikolaj, or the guy who plays Jorah? I think they're all hot!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I think Nikolaj is cute, but then again I'm a Jaime fan so I don't know if it's the actor or the character lol. To me Robb and Jon have similar looks and I kept mixing them up S1. I also think the kid who plays Gendry is very attractive.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still haven't watched GoT...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread