Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I love how this follows the quiet beat of Lucrezia admitting "I don't feel safe unless you're around." They just slip back into their old rhythms of the nose rub
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, thanks for the nose rub gif, Arinna!

Hi, Linda!

No, I can tell you that most fans of The Borgias never saw Cesare and Lucrezia as siblings. You could tell by the fact that no one, either in the fanbase or the media, was in any way shocked or offended by their love scene. Even Showtime billed it as "the moment you've bene waiting for." I couldn't imagine them doing that for any other show.

Hi, Gwen!

Aww, I understand. Real life does get in the way of FF at times. And my job is running me ragged as well. But I'm glad you're here.

Yep, it is hard to think of Cesare and Lucrezia as siblings because of the way they interacted with each other throughout the show from day one. They did seem like the main love story of the show, even when they were involved with other people. I've heard reviewers say that all of their other romances just seemed like replacements for each other because they couldn't be with each other due to their being related.

Aww, thanks for that pic! Heathcliff and Cathy are from Wuthering Heights, right?
Old 05-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their platonic love grew up to something more after this.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Guys who own the DVDs I have questions. Sorry if it's a bit OT but I want to know if you got bloopers. I got the mexican versions of the DVDs but I got me season 1 american version a week ago thinking it included the gag reel and nothing. WTH?
Old 05-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nope, nothing to me either. Maybe the US version has?
Old 05-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Guys who own the DVDs I have questions. Sorry if it's a bit OT but I want to know if you got bloopers. I got the mexican versions of the DVDs but I got me season 1 american version a week ago thinking it included the gag reel and nothing. WTH?
Nah, it's okay, May. And I didn't have a gag reel in my DVD either. Maybe it's a Blu-ray thing.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

God damn it... I want the entire gag reels and the season 1 one is missing from Youtube
Old 05-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
God damn it... I want the entire gag reels and the season 1 one is missing from Youtube
Ohh, I'm sorry, May. I don't know where else you can get it. It does suck that the DVD had so few special features.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That's odd. Season 1 bloopers were definitely on YouTube last time I checked, I wonder why they took them down? Season 2 and 3 are still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
no one, either in the fanbase or the media, was in any way shocked or offended by their love scene. Even Showtime billed it as "the moment you've bene waiting for." I couldn't imagine them doing that for any other show.

Waiting for incest to happen See, nobody promoted it as a thing that was WRONG. This says it all. It would also be hypocritical, because everyone in the show did controversial things and often tread the line of taboo.

Quote:
Hi, Gwen!

Yep, it is hard to think of Cesare and Lucrezia as siblings because of the way they interacted with each other throughout the show from day one. They did seem like the main love story of the show, even when they were involved with other people. I've heard reviewers say that all of their other romances just seemed like replacements for each other because they couldn't be with each other due to their being related.

That's exactly right. It definitely felt that way in 3x04 when Cesare steps back from her after witnessing her have sex with her husband, because he recognized that she was thinking of Cesare during sex, which led to her orgasm, and he was worried that people might start noticing the sexual tension between them.

That's why I love the ending of the show. Cesare basically says "screw everyone else, it's you and me, Lucrezia. Forever."

Quote:
Aww, thanks for that pic! Heathcliff and Cathy are from Wuthering Heights, right?

Correct! A beautifully twisted love story.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nobody acted against it. I can't remember seeing any hate comment.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Even before I started watching the show, I saw lots of people expecting it to include incest the Borgias' family history all tied into the taboo stuff.

That's what they were historically remembered for. Corruption and seduction.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Gwen!

Yep, I don't remember anyone saying anything negative about Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship on The Borgias. I liked to think it was because of how expertly the relationship was built up over time as opposed to the media just not caring about the show. The fan base was certainly not bothered by it.

Episode 3x04 was intense, Gwen. Yeah, that scene where Lucrezia has to make love to her husband but looks at Cesare the whole time was pretty hot. Yeah, perhaps Cesare was trying to prevent anyone from finding out about them, but I think they established that the rumors about them had already spread throughout Italy.

Yeah, that's a good way to end the show, Gwen. I just wish that Lucrezia had said something in return to Cesare about it being just the two of them instead of lying there next to her dead husband as Cesare kissed her.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Episode 3x04 was intense, Gwen. Yeah, that scene where Lucrezia has to make love to her husband but looks at Cesare the whole time was pretty hot. Yeah, perhaps Cesare was trying to prevent anyone from finding out about them, but I think they established that the rumors about them had already spread throughout Italy.

I would have preferred it if the sex scene in 3x04 had been shot differently, with just a few glimpses and then as Lucrezia stares at Cesare, we see them having visual flashbacks to the night they made love (3x03) and have these flashes prove even harder to the audience that she would rather be with Cesare in that moment than with her husband.

Quote:
I just wish that Lucrezia had said something in return to Cesare about it being just the two of them instead of lying there next to her dead husband as Cesare kissed her.

I always saw that scene as Lucrezia being emotionally shut down, until Cesare says those sweet words to her and it brings her back to life

The way he growls "and mine" is one of the sexiest things ever.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I would have preferred it if the sex scene in 3x04 had been shot differently, with just a few glimpses and then as Lucrezia stares at Cesare, we see them having visual flashbacks to the night they made love (3x03) and have these flashes prove even harder to the audience that she would rather be with Cesare in that moment than with her husband.

I always saw that scene as Lucrezia being emotionally shut down, until Cesare says those sweet words to her and it brings her back to life

The way he growls "and mine" is one of the sexiest things ever.

Yeah, well I just tried to block Alfonso out of the scene as much as possible. I like that idea about flashbacks, though. It would've shown that Cesare has to imagine Cesare to have sex with her husband.

Yeah, I guess Lucrezia had been a bit overwhelmed in that scene. Of course, as soon as Cesare starts kissing her neck she starts doing that thing where she flutters her eyes closed again. "And mine" was pretty forceful on Cesare's part. Although I still would've preferred if they hadn't done that next to Alfonso's dead body.