Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I must be added. I have fallen to the dark side.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to The Borgias Telepath I'm Christine

Alex will be on in a bit I'll make sure he adds you

Source:
Old 01-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

For the record, their scene in 3/03 is officially my "Best Sex Scene On Television Of All Time". It is a very special series. I watched it quite a while ago but have never posted in this forum.

The magic of the pairing is how well the authors and the actors of the material convey the blinding passion and the insanity of it all, to the extent that an act that is considered repulsing and forbidden by almost every society becomes not only logical but truly beautiful.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the Borgias board, Telepath! I'm Alex, the co-moderator, and I'll be happy to add you to the list right away!

Wow, I love those gifs, Christine! The love scene I hoped would be, but never was. I really wanted that to have been a morning-after scene between Cesare and Lucrezia at some point later in the season.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I noticed several quotes in the OP from something called "The Family", what is that?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think they're from a book about The Borgia family called "The Family"by Mario Puzo. But I'm not 100% positive. Arinna our other Moderator would know better than I

Source:
Old 01-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Saw a comment about the last episode being a hard one to watch for them... And I guess it is true, in a sense. However, it is not like anyone expected a happy-ever-after ending for them, or that their love would come without demons. I think the final scene is extremely powerful. The words, how he kisses her neck on the bed, where she is still in shock and could have every reason to hate him - and then you just see her give in, the look on her face, unable to deny herself. It's fantastic acting.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Yes the quotes are from Puzo's novel The Family, the same who wrote the famous The Godfather. I even read that one of the sons of the godfather is inspired from Cesare.

Quote:
Saw a comment about the last episode being a hard one to watch for them... And I guess it is true, in a sense. However, it is not like anyone expected a happy-ever-after ending for them, or that their love would come without demons. I think the final scene is extremely powerful. The words, how he kisses her neck on the bed, where she is still in shock and could have every reason to hate him - and then you just see her give in, the look on her face, unable to deny herself. It's fantastic acting.
I feel the same. I think their love is tragic and will never be easy and fluffy, not only because they are siblings but also because of the murder of Alfonso.

Last edited by Lucresiare; 01-09-2015 at 12:15 PM
Old 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, I just found a copy of "The Family". I have read several of Puzo's novels before.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think about the book?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Haven't had a chance to read it yet. I used to like Puzo's novels, though, so him writing a story on the family seems pretty perfect.

I'm rewatching the series but it's proven to be difficult. I lack the proper discipline. I always wander off to watch some of my favorite episodes out of order.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What episode are you up to now? You don't have to rush through the series too fast, you know. Savor all those Cesare and Lucrzia moments.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, I've seen the series several times. Right now I am at season 1 episode 5 of my rewatching it.

In a way I suppose I should be angry with them for cancelling it but honestly, not so much so, as in my mind the series went out on a high note. We do know the history that follows and even if I would have liked to have seen the inevitable fall, I suspect it would have been the first three season that would stay with me.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, you have a point there. But I would've liked to have seen more Cesare and Lucrezia moments, even knowing how things ended. I saw the old BBC version from the 1980's, and even though I didn't like it at all, I liked how it ended with Cesare dying on the battlefield while thinking his last thoughts of Lucrezia, and Lucrezia reading his final letter to her to her children.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, I agree. I would have loved to have had more interaction between them after things finally "got real". That hurts a bit.

It's so refreshing to read interviews with Francois. For example, this tidbit:

Quote:
At first," says Arnaud, "what shocked me is that Neil always said that he didn't want to go there, and that he personally didn't believe it happened. Those were conversations we had early on in season one. When I first read it, I went, 'Oh my God, he's going for it.' But I think, dramatically, you can only hint at something for a certain while before you have to actually go there, or you're.... in a movie, maybe it wouldn't have happened, but in a TV series, after three seasons, you have to move on to the next level, at some point.
Behold, an actor who's aware of Chekov's gun! Halleluia!